Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosewood

Have a box of blems from Midway in 140 grain .264 (presumed to be SGKs). Was loading up some 6.5 NMB last night and discovered there were bullets in the box that didn't belong. So I decided to mic the whole box. Found 4 .257 bullets in the mix and the bullet length to Ogive was different on about 10 bullets. I do wonder if the mixup was from the manufacturer or with Midway's packaging system. With the .257 bullets, my first thought was I had failed to size that case, but soon discovered it was the bullet.

So beware with the blems, may need to mic and weigh the whole box when you get some to make sure they are what they are supposed to be. You get what you pay for.

Rosewood

Jester896

Senior Clown
I ran into that a while back on .357 bullets...a couple just fell into the case...took me a minute to figure it out. I first suspected that I had done something wrong. Mine were in a Speer box though.

GregoryB.

I ordered a stuck case removal tool yesterday after I stupidly ran a dry 25-06 case in my FL resizer with a live primer. I was just doing it to resize the neck tension after I pulled some loads that didn't work out. Already had the decapper removed so I put some Kroil Oil down in the case and was able to slowly tap it out with a drill bit. Then I lightly lubed them and finished the resize and reloaded them with a combo that proved itself.

Jester896

Senior Clown
thought I had screamed it from the rooftops...sorry
I ordered stuff today too...a Gracoil recoil pad jig...a well filler block for 1911 frames..a Lee .44S&W trim gauge...and a new jar of Oxpho Blue

Adam5

We loaded 200 rounds of 9mm that are 150gr Brass Monkey flat points over 3.2gr of W244, 100 rounds of .40 S&W 180gr XTP over 5.0gr of W244 (not pictured), and 100 rounds of .223 that are Barnes Match Burner 69gr BT Match HP over 24gr of Reloader 15.

Attachments

• 9BC51CE5-E6BA-4B16-B89C-6E6E8297E35B.jpeg
    9BC51CE5-E6BA-4B16-B89C-6E6E8297E35B.jpeg
    350.7 KB · Views: 2

rawolfee

Loaded 10 rounds of 44M using a Lee Classic Loader. My first ever loads. Used the recipe on card for H110 and 240gr. Wondering if it will be hot enough as the card called for 1.3cc (19.5gr) and my book says 24.5gr for rifle loads. Kind of stuck with 1.3cc dipper until i get a scale. Going to try them out tomorrow.

One thing i noticed on some of the brass I had was the hole in the primer pocket was not centered. Does this make a difference?

rosewood

One thing i noticed on some of the brass I had was the hole in the primer pocket was not centered. Does this make a difference?
Never noticed an issue with that. It is quite common.

rosewood

Probably safe to stick with that 19.5 until have a scale to go higher. I wouldn't trust a dipper with max loads.

menhadenman

Awesome !!!!!!!!!

Well done.

Man she was freaking out with excitement. One of the best hunts in my life watching my baby girl turn into a legit deer hunter. She helps with reloading and now has a good grasp on the entire process. It’s gonna be hard to leave her behind on trips going forward! Taking my 6 year old for the general opener on Saturday with the same loads. His patience is pretty thin but we’ll have fun.

Dub

Man she was freaking out with excitement. One of the best hunts in my life watching my baby girl turn into a legit deer hunter. She helps with reloading and now has a good grasp on the entire process. It’s gonna be hard to leave her behind on trips going forward! Taking my 6 year old for the general opener on Saturday with the same loads. His patience is pretty thin but we’ll have fun.

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.