Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub

Held one on one reloading "school" with a fellow GON member.....

We manage to set up his press, set the dies both sizing and seating ... measured powder ...weighed ....seating bullets ...

Ended up making about forty .270 Winchester with 140 grain Accubond .... Reloder 16

First group ended up being about 1" ....

I thought we did good ....

One the many many "students" that I've have helped over the years .... makes you feel good... to help others....

Well done....having someone with your experience jumping in and helping him get started safely and effectively is a massive boost for his competency development.

That's awesome.

Just know that you have also helped a pile of us here, too.

Much appreciated.

rosewood

BriarPatch99

Now I got get my own loaded up today .... Shot the few feet loads of the 80 grain TTSX for the .25/06 ....

Not completely satisfied with the results ....Will tune as I go alone ...

Got a batch of 110 grain Accubond .....on stand by....

rosewood

Wednesday evening I loaded up 10 .45 Colts with some 210 grain boolits I cast myself with some Alcan primers I acquired in a trade. Not sure of the condition of those primers. Going to test them at the range, if they shoot reliably, will load up the rest of the 150 or so of those Alcan primers. Seems like the guy just threw the primers in the trade, so they are virtually freebies. With the primer market like it is now, I decided to put them to use.

Rosewood

rosewood

Getting ready for Saturday.
View attachment 1044065
I noticed you put a piece of tape on the lid. Is that to know what powder it is from the top?

I use a silver sharpie and mark the powder on the top and put an O on the lid of all powders once I have opened them, that way I know which have been opened and which are still sealed. Saves me from opening several to find the opened one.

That photo does look staged to me :)

Rosewood

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I noticed you put a piece of tape on the lid. Is that to know what powder it is from the top?

I use a silver sharpie and mark the powder on the top and put an O on the lid of all powders once I have opened them, that way I know which have been opened and which are still sealed. Saves me from opening several to find the opened one.

That photo does look staged to me :)

Rosewood

Taped to make it easier to grab the right powder out of storage, as I have a large quantity of powder stored.

Its staged alright:rolleyes:...staged in the middle of finishing up some .444 loads. If you look real close you can see the powder in the hulls awaiting bullets to be seated.

rosewood

Its staged alright:rolleyes:...staged in the middle of finishing up some .444 loads. If you look real close you can see the powder in the hulls awaiting bullets to be seated.
I saw that too.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I noticed you put a piece of tape on the lid.

Something else good to bring up for those new to it...

around here we use a white paint pen to X the top of and open powder...the piece of tape has the powder type written on it and it goes on the powder measure when it is poured in to mark what is inside...then there are no questions if you don't get back to it promptly.

Then there is also that is the only one powder on the bench at a time...but those 8# get put on the floor sometimes...1# always goes back on the shelf but the 8s don't always.

rosewood

I break the recommend rules from the powder companies. Once I pour powder in the hopper, it never goes back in the factory bottle. I store them in resealable plastic bowls that are smaller and easier to store in my loading bench. I write on the side of the bowl what powder it is and it sits on the bench until I return the powder from the hopper to that bowl. As you said, only one powder out at a time. I do not like cross contamination of a factory bottle. If you pour it back in, you run the risk of a few granules of the previous powder making it into your bottle.

Rosewood

Jester896

Senior Clown
:) I think that breaks several rules :D
powder should be stored in original containers #1...I'm sure we are all guilty to some degree of some type of infraction. Powder shouldn't be out where it could collect moisture. I also try to keep the foam thing intact when I remove one to help with moisture.

rosewood

:) I think that breaks several rules :D
powder should be stored in original containers #1...I'm sure we are all guilty to some degree of some type of infraction. Powder shouldn't be out where it could collect moisture. I also try to keep the foam thing intact when I remove one to help with moisture.
I know, the containers I use are probably better sealed than the factory one. They don't collect moisture and I have been doing it for 15+ years and no issues yet. They are always stored inside, never in garage or shop. My reloading room doubles as my computer room. I don't always follow the instructions of manufactures, sometimes there rules are to prevent them from being sued.

Rosewood

Nimrod71

I always return excess powder back to the container it came from. To me the most important rule is to only have one powder on the bench at the time. The older you get the more important it becomes. I am 70 years old and I can tell you I can't remember a good as I did with I started in 1970.

Now the load of the day. Practicing with my new Howa 308 I shoot all be 4 rounds and four rounds is just not enough to carry on a deer hunt. I have been told to kill every deer on the farm where I hunt. Deer ate 25 acres of cotton this year. Well I loaded 10 rounds of 308 with Sierra 150 gr. Pro Hunters over 45.5 gr. of IMR 4064. These rounds really shoot good. Good Luck Everyone and Be Careful.

bullgator

Something else good to bring up for those new to it...

around here we use a white paint pen to X the top of and open powder...the piece of tape has the powder type written on it and it goes on the powder measure when it is poured in to mark what is inside...then there are no questions if you don't get back to it promptly.

Then there is also that is the only one powder on the bench at a time...but those 8# get put on the floor sometimes...1# always goes back on the shelf but the 8s don't always.
Funny how a lot of us come around to the same or similar methods.1461C961-59D3-47A7-A025-0324D03302C7.jpeg2F592513-3B5B-4526-999E-7F3DE74E1E7A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.