Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub

Since I have three times as many large pistol primers as small, I have been working on 1000 Bayou 200gr SWC in 45 ACP.
I will shoot most of them in my G21 at our Thursday night IDPA matches.

Sounds like fun. You will make bigger holes than anyone else. (y)

What powder do you use for yours ?

There are only 25 empty cases on my property at this time and I have enough loaded ones to take care of any shenanigans and threats to my family should the time come. Thats all I am willing to say on an internet forum. lol

wareagle700

Finally got my hands on some .224 77gr Sierra tipped matchkings. Loaded up some for my son to hunt with and some to start testing in my Tikka.

frankwright

Sounds like fun. You will make bigger holes than anyone else. (y)

What powder do you use for yours ?
I shoot the SWC a lot in my 1911's and I always get comments on the big,round holes.
I use HP38/W231. I buy it 8 lbs at a time and it lets me load the three calibers I shoot the most 9mm, .45 and .38spl!
There are probably better powders for each but HP38 works well for all three!

bullgator

Autocomp and CFE Pistol are pretty good too. Started using those when 231 was so hard to get. You use about 1gr more powder...man they are clean.
I get a ton of use out of Power Pistol

Jester896

Senior Clown
I stopped in the middle of my KaYoSs today...to run the rest of the 100 .243 cases through the new Dillon trim die...took less than 15 minutes in that 550 we set it up on to do the 80 or so cases. It did the final push of the shoulders back to 0, trimmed it and chamfered the inside and then went back through a neck sizer die....they are ready to rock. If I can slow down just a little :ROFLMAO: I might get the scope put on and zeroed by Saturday and maybe go on a hunt.

I think I just need to quit my job

Jester896

Senior Clown
Nice! I have a couple hundred of those I need to get to...too...got Nosler Sporting flat nose for mine....right after .45ACP I think. Got a half bucket of .357SIG to go through too. Sure wish someone would come help :D
Worked so hard yesterday...got home about 7:00...put some .243 in the tumbler...piddle for a little...then ate some of PG's comfort food..meatloaf and baked taters...was asleep before 9:00. Got that .243 brass out this morning...just about cleaned the headstamp off :D

Reactions: Dub

Nimrod71

I just finished loading some 6 mm Rem for tomorrows shoot. These were my normal 85 gr Sierra loads 38.3 gr. IMR 4895. Some friends and I have been shooting every Sunday morning for the past few months. It kind of fun and enjoyable just shooting friends burning some powder and shooting the breeze at the range in the woods on the Altamaha River.

Nimrod71

Well I had and accident last night that really will set my reloading back a few weeks. I dropped my balance scale and broke the bar lose from its pivot bar. I did get it back together and it seems to work but it sticks. Ordered a new one maybe it will be here by next weekend. I have been thinking of getting a new scale. This is the scale I started reloading with. I bought this Lyman 500 back in 1970 and it has weighted a lot of powder over all these years. But i guess it's like me, it had a good long life, but everything has its day in the sun. Now as with me it's time to retire the old Lyman to the display cabinet. It has been a good friend.

Nimrod71

Gem, that's a nice looking outfit there. I am planning on taking my Thompson out this week and trying it out. I haven't hunted with it in over 10 years.

Nimrod71

Thanks Jester, but I have already ordered the new one. I was just so up set I wasn't thinking. Oh well. I do have an electronic scale, I just don't like it, to modern. I started with a beam and I just like doing things the old way.

This afternoon I did work on 243 brass. I got a new 243 rifle last year and got it sited in with a few cartridges I had loaded. I decided to load up a few for a hunt later this week so I check the brass and it was to long. Got out my Lee trimer and worked up 50 pieces now I am ready for the rest of the year.

Jester, I will keep you in mind the next time I need something.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I am on officially on ladder restriction...but I managed to slip this one in for the .243. I chose the Sierra 100gr ProHunter to start with.
I used IMR4895 since it is a short barrel and went ahead and started at the top end. I didn't get the rail and scope mounted on it today...ran about 2 hours behind for some reason all day...did get the pasture mowed too. The seating stem in my die has a crack...I need to contact RCBS for another but I managed to get them in rotating the case and pushing slow. I sure put alot of effort to get these charges on the button...can tell you how many times I was putting one more kernel of powder in...I shouldn't have a scale that measure .00 :D
IMG_0783.jpg

Reactions: Dub

Dub

I am on officially on ladder restriction...but I managed to slip this one in for the .243. I chose the Sierra 100gr ProHunter to start with.
I used IMR4895 since it is a short barrel and went ahead and started at the top end. I didn't get the rail and scope mounted on it today...ran about 2 hours behind for some reason all day...did get the pasture mowed too. The seating stem in my die has a crack...I need to contact RCBS for another but I managed to get them in rotating the case and pushing slow. I sure put alot of effort to get these charges on the button...can tell you how many times I was putting one more kernel of powder in...I shouldn't have a scale that measure .00 :D
View attachment 1048838

Trickling them up with tweezers. :)

Looking forward to seeing your ladder results. Always fun reading about load workup and range reports.

I remember doing the same on my .270 with H4831...one piece at a time, lol.

Life was good when I finally got hold of some of the "short cut" version.

Felt like I was going at warp speed once I could use that trickler.

Status
Not open for further replies.