Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimrod71

Loading 308 and 6 mm Remington for morning shoot. I'm going to change the 6 mm from 85 gr. Sierra BTHP to the 70 Sierra Match King. I haven't loaded the 70 gr. before so this will be fun, working up new load.

Reactions: Dub

chuckdog

Prepped 500+ .223 brass this morning. I had to open the primer pockets on about a third of them.

I also FL sized and uniformed 30 Winchester .257 Roberts brass. I don't recall the last time I shot my 20" Browning A-Bolt, but that's about to change.

I think the RCBS .257 were the first new dies I ever bought. I cleaned them up earlier and they still look like new!

Nimrod71

After reworking 6 mm I'm going to load up 10 rounds and head back to the range and see if correctly torking the action screws will fix my problem. If not, back to the work on shooting technic.

Buckstop

Started yesterday tumbling and primer pocket/flash hole cleaning of 150 .243 win cases. Have a Win M70 varmint sporter with a semi-heavy 26" barrel thats been in the cabinet neglected. I believe it has a slow 1 in 12 twist, so am interested in trying some lighter bullets for punching paper. Starting out with 70 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips and Varget. May also try a ladder with 95 gr Partitions with IMR4350 to see if they'll stabilize, in case I get an urge to take it when culling does in the coming weeks.

Jester896

Senior Clown
and here I was hoping the 9,1 twist in a Remington would stabilize a 100gr ProHunter.

all I did all afternoon was sort a 35# powder drum of brass...after I got the initial done I pick .223 and 300BO out by hand...then ran it through the separators (i borrowed) to separate the .22 and .380 from the 9mm...just about filled the drum back up with 9s

SC Hunter

Started yesterday tumbling and primer pocket/flash hole cleaning of 150 .243 win cases. Have a Win M70 varmint sporter with a semi-heavy 26" barrel thats been in the cabinet neglected. I believe it has a slow 1 in 12 twist, so am interested in trying some lighter bullets for punching paper. Starting out with 70 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips and Varget. May also try a ladder with 95 gr Partitions with IMR4350 to see if they'll stabilize, in case I get an urge to take it when culling does in the coming weeks.
A heavy 243 with 70 grain pills would be fun to shoot does just below the ear with.

Nimrod71

After returning from the range I was out of ammo for my 6 mm target rifle and Ruger 243. So drag out the powder, primers, bullets and lets get started. I loaded 20 6 mm cartridges with Sierra 70 gr. MK, 10 with IMR 4064 and 10 with 4895. Then I loaded up 10 243 with Sierra 100 SP with IMR 4995. I'm ready for the range tomorrow.

rosewood

Loaded up about 400 115 plated 9mm target loads last night. Used up the 200 or so primers I acquired in a trade and recently identified what they were. They had just been pushed to the side but with the recent shortage, I found it a good time to put them to work.

I really need to turn off the TV and spend more time reloading. Lot less stress reloading over watching the news.

Rosewood

Jester896

Senior Clown
My last job informed me they had been exposed to COVID so I bounced outta there...came home early.

I came close to loading some .357 Mag for a girl that couldn't buy any anywhere....
but I finished this and now maybe I can run the ladder I made while my buddy thread the new barrel for my 6.5WSM

IMG_0022.jpg
IMG_0023.jpg
IMG_0026.jpg

Ray357

AWOL
First let me say I love reloading. I love it as much as I do shooting. I walk through my reloading room several time a day looking for something to reload. I got a new scope for my 6 mm yesterday so I decided I better load up a few rounds to get it sited in. This rifle really loves Sierra 85 ga. HPBT over 38,3 grs. of IMR 4895. Currently I can shoot 5 shots at 100 yards and cover them with a dime. That may not be the best, but it is good for me. I can't shoot as good as I use to, age is working on my nerves and eye sight. After loading the 6 mm's I decided to load up a round of 223's. I have a Savage 223 that I have for a truck gun and been working up a load for it. Today I loaded Sierra 55 gr. BlitzKing over 27 grs. of MR 2520. I haven't used the 2620 in a long time, but in the past I remember it shot pretty good in my Win. 223. Now I am ready for the rifle range tomorrow.
9mm

deerslayer357

Got 50 10mm’s loaded with 180 grain precision delta jhp’s and 25 454 casull’s loaded with 300 grain Hornady Xtp mag’s tonight. Trying to work up a load for both to deer hunt with. Range time tomorrow to try to settle on loads for them.

Jester896

Senior Clown
barrel threading got put off again
does it count if I check primers in 2500 rounds that were loaded
finished sizing my 9mm...still cleaning what had been sized prior to these 500 or so
sorted some small and large primer .45ACP
we shall see what tomorrow beings when I finish with odd jobs what I can get done

Jester896

Senior Clown
sorted more .45ACP...looking like most of it will be LPP...the SPP won't cover the bottom of a coffee can so far and I'm about 1/4 way on that 5 Gal bucket.

Got a dozen of these .357 loaded for the gurl that didn't have any or couldn't find any
IMG_0036.jpg
this proved to be 1 problem after another for me...I pulled my .38/357 dies out and opened them...seater die missing and i now have a taper crimp die that I didn't use to have. I had to go rob the die from my Dillon tool head. Then... I kept putting a bullet in the brass and when I would run it in the die....it would fall in the case. I kept grabbing a different bullet and trying in one all the belled case to see if it would slip in....I kept thinging that I sized the brass wrong....turned out...there was 1 undersized bullet in that box and I would pick it back up off the bench ever other case...drove me nuts. Still weighed 140gr...just too small after finally measuring....can't believe how long that took to load 12 boolits. Now I have to figure out who it was that borrowed my dies...that won't happen again.

Nimrod71

I have been having problems with my 6 mm ever since I changed scopes and the trigger. Loads that shot great now want. I have tried several things trying to get it back on target. My latest thing is changing the scope mounts, when i put the current front ring on I didn't like the way it felt. I purchased a new set of Leupold 30 mm rings put them on today. Now I have the enjoyment of sighting back in, good. I have to load up ammo. I have been shooting Sierra 85 gr HPBT for years and they have always worked great, dime size groups at 100 yds. Well now I have changed to the Sierra 70 gr. Match King. I picked up a box to these a couple of months ago. I load a few and tried them out, they shot good so I order 500. Now, tonight I am loading 20 with 40.8 grains of IMR 4064. This load shot good before I started changing the rifle.

Also I am still trying to figure out my 243 so I have loaded up some new brass with the Sierra 70 gr bullets to see if the old brass is my problem.

Being retired during hunting season can be real work, between hunting, reloading, trips to the range, shooting, loading deer, fishing, loading and unloading boats, cleaning fish, training and walking the LBD. I got more rest when I went to my job everyday. Life is Great.

7MAGMIKE

Prepped 100 7mm Rem Mag brass, waiting on a new FL resizing die to complete. Also ordered more powder from Midway USA. Powder is getting thin guys, if you find what you need, better order it. No primers to be found anywhere.

Jester896

Senior Clown
finished sizing .the .243s I shot for the next ladder...will mix them in with the 9mm I'll clean tomorrow.

down past half a bucket of 45ACP and I still haven't covered the bottom of the coffee can with small primer.

started on the .357SIG sorting the chipped nickle and damaged cases out...not that many of those it seems...I'll use the SS tumbler to clean the rest of the nickle off....might take a minute.

I found the .260 rounds I have been looking for...in the rifle in the safe...smh
all missing rounds now accounted for

discovered the .357 die that was was in my Dillon is the seater out of my set...It is the lyman dies that were in my Dillon that are missing all together...it was a seater and crimp die...still don't know where the taper crimp die came from. I guess I will order Dillon seater and crimp die for it I guess...maybe Santa will bring me one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub

chuckdog

I repacked the .223 brass I shot a couple of weeks back, along with another 40 odd once fired Federal range pickups with 55gr Winchester FMJ's today. I primed about half of them with CCI 450's recovered from some recently pulled 300 B/O rounds.

I pulled around 50 old .38 Special lead rounds that were in factory remanufactured boxes, but I don't know for sure who loaded them.

They'll likely get a good polishing and a fresh dose of powder tomorrow.

Never thought I'd work so much to recover a 2 cent primer.

Status
Not open for further replies.