Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deerslayer357

I can relate, young bro....I can relate. It's taken me two years to get my stuff all in one sock, ducks in a row, birdies in hand, etc. Who knows....maybe will actually get a round loaded and range tested this coming week....maybe. :LOL:

I hope that you do get some loaded and get to range to test them. I hadn’t been on a range trip in about 2 months before today due to the shortages, and I thoroughly enjoyed the trip today! Looking forward to a range report from you soon!

Mauser

Worked up some 3006 loads for my fil, ramshot tac and 150 gr speer btsp. Started at 45 gr and worked up to 49.5 haven't shot it yet. The tac was all I could get my hands on in the current situation lol

Reactions: Dub

Steven037

Loaded 100 .223 69 hpbt. And 100 6mm ARC. Got a lot more .223 brass that needs to get cleaned, deprimed, and size to get ready to load. Need to do some 10mm as well.

DieHardDad

Yep loaded 20 test loads 140 gr sierra gamekings being pushed by Winchester Supreme 780, 20 rounds of 130 gr speer spbt pushed by some H4350 for the 270 and 20 rounds of 100 gr sierra gamekings with 41.5 grains IMR 4350 for the 243 not test load.

rosewood

Yep loaded 20 test loads 140 gr sierra gamekings being pushed by Winchester Supreme 780, 20 rounds of 130 gr speer spbt pushed by some H4350 for the 270 and 20 rounds of 100 gr sierra gamekings with 41.5 grains IMR 4350 for the 243 not test load.
The 140 SGKs over 57.0 grains of H4831SC has been extremely accurate in a Savage and Mossberg .270.

Rosewood

Nimrod71

Today is a good day to load something, warm and dry in the house, cool enough out side to not over heat the barrels. I am still working on loads for my Rem. 6 mm and 22-250. I had the 6 mm pretty well worked out for the Sierra 85 gr. HPBT with 4320 but I just got 500 Sierra 70 gr. Match Kings. I have tried several loads with varying success so I am trying 41 grains of IMR 4063 today. For the 22-250 I picked up a couple of boxes of 55 gr. Sierra Blitz and I have loaded them with 34 gr. of IMR 4895. Now its off to the range to heat the barrels up.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I set up to try 3031 in my .22-250 and I have a very nice array of .22 call bullets to choose from. It will be 1:12 and kind of want to run 60 gr bullets in it.

I had high pressure signs in my .243 with 100 gr ProHunter and 4064 before I got to max. I think the case capacity is higher in the 6mm so it will be interesting to see.

rosewood

I set up to try 3031 in my .22-250 and I have a very nice array of .22 call bullets to choose from. It will be 1:12 and kind of want to run 60 gr bullets in it.

I had high pressure signs in my .243 with 100 gr ProHunter and 4064 before I got to max. I think the case capacity is higher in the 6mm so it will be interesting to see.
I have used H380 and RL15 with 52 grain bullets. Have gotten 1/2" groups in my Savage 12 22-250 heavy barrel with both consistently.

That was in my early days of reloading. I have since discovered other powders that will push even faster, but haven't tried any others out. Hard to beat those groups, and speed really isn't that important. However, knowing me, I will probably try those other powers if I get bored.

Rosewood

chuckdog

I was impressed with the Speer 70 gr from a 700 chambered in 223. I’d be curious what that extra dose of energy would do with them.

Some round profile bullets shoot much better than I expect them to.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have used H380 and RL15 with 52 grain bullets. Have gotten 1/2" groups in my Savage 12 22-250 heavy barrel with both consistently.
the first 20 ladder I have loaded are with that fairy dust H380...just sitting there waiting for the rifle to get finished and it is under either 52 or 53 gr SMK whichever one is flat based. I think I have 10+# of RL-15 too if I need it...tight groups are more important to me than speed but I will record that too.

bullgator

Well, I had a success story today. My dad’s old WW2 P-38 has never cycled JHPs. On a whim, I ordered 100 125 gr. RN JHPs from Everglades Ammo. Today I loaded a few up and headed out back to give them a try.....fully expecting they would fail to cycle. Low and behold, the full magazine zipped right through like clockwork.
Now I’m going to take a few tomorrow for a friend to try in his HiPower which also won’t cycle anything but ball ammo.

rosewood

Well, I had a success story today. My dad’s old WW2 P-38 has never cycled JHPs. On a whim, I ordered 100 125 gr. RN JHPs from Everglades Ammo. Today I loaded a few up and headed out back to give them a try.....fully expecting they would fail to cycle. Low and behold, the full magazine zipped right through like clockwork.
Now I’m going to take a few tomorrow for a friend to try in his HiPower which also won’t cycle anything but ball ammo.
My brother has a S&W Sigma he put an aftermarket .357 sig barrel in. It shoots ball, but has issues with the Speer Golddot not feeding properly. And that is after polishing the feed ramp to make sure that wasn't the issue. Recently loaded up some Hornady XTPs, so far they have cycled perfect.

Rosewood

bullgator

My brother has a S&W Sigma he put an aftermarket .357 sig barrel in. It shoots ball, but has issues with the Speer Golddot not feeding properly. And that is after polishing the feed ramp to make sure that wasn't the issue. Recently loaded up some Hornady XTPs, so far they have cycled perfect.

Rosewood
Even the XTPs wouldn’t cycle in the P-38. These are a much smaller HP design, but it is deep.
My friends Hi Power went thru all but one with no issue.

simpleman30

I shot some .35 remington this morning that my neighbor and I loaded a couple weeks back. Not bad for a 2nd hand lever gun with me as the shooter. Someone with steadier hands could probably do better..35 Remington Handloads.jpg

Nimrod71

I have found my problem with the 22-250. My scope has gone bad. I replaced the old scope with a new Vortex and now to start sighting it in. I decided it would take several rounds to get on the paper so I am loading cheap. today the load is 33.2 gr of 2520 with 55 gr. Downtown bullets. I haven't use the 2520 in the 250 before so I don't have any idea how it will score. I have used it in 223 and it has done very well. We will see tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

simpleman30

Trying to locate some 30-30 brass to cozy up with these red headed devils that arrived at the front door today.
3030..jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.