Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckdog

Loaded a box of 50 158gr cast SWC .357 Mag. using Universal powder early this morning.

Not magnum velocity, but warm enough that they should really sting anything they come in contact with.

While in town later I picked up 4lbs of Winchester W572 powder for $60. It works well in most every handgun caliber I load. It really shines with .38 Super & 9mm.

I also found 100 new Winchester primed .45 Colt brass for $35.

Pretty good haul for $100 and change.

New Win Primed 45 Colt (2).jpg

Win 572 (2).jpg

chuckdog

Yes sir....an opportunity presented itself recently and I decided to give the X-Frames another try....but in .460 this time.

View attachment 1069172View attachment 1069173

Snagged some brass, dies & such.

View attachment 1069174View attachment 1069175

I loaded big bore mags with all the umph I could stuff inside, and Starline .454 Casull brass absorb the punishment much better than I did.

If their .460 brass holds up anything like the .454, you have enough to wear out several good revolvers and possibly a wrist or two!

Dub

I loaded big bore mags with all the umph I could stuff inside, and Starline .454 Casull brass absorb the punishment much better than I did.

If their .460 brass holds up anything like the .454, you have enough to wear out several good revolvers and possibly a wrist or two!

I am off to a promising start.....got the wrists nicely broke in already. :rofl:

Steven037

Anyone use sellior and bellot small rifle primers before? I picked up some and was wondering if anyone had experience with them.

SC Hunter

@Dub You never cease to amaze me. That is a sure enough hand cannon!! My father in law has a 500 S&W that is fun to shoot occasionally but something you definitely have to load for if you do it consistently. He said when he got his new heart that the 500 really gets it going and all hahaha

Dub

@Dub You never cease to amaze me. That is a sure enough hand cannon!! My father in law has a 500 S&W that is fun to shoot occasionally but something you definitely have to load for if you do it consistently. He said when he got his new heart that the 500 really gets it going and all hahaha

I'm a gun dork fo' shizzle.

Here lately I've been a terrified gun dork, though.....skeert that when I one day have the time to spend shooting & reloading.......that I'll not have anything to shoot or reload.

Trying to get a few things lined up now....to enjoy later.

That's been the plan, at least.

Steven037

Loaded 100 .308 with 168 hpbt and 50 10mm with 180 xtp(and **** spp) after my range trip today to replace what I shot. Don’t load .45 so left that brass there and can’t load .22 so.

simpleman30

I've been getting "in-stock now" emails from various online stores that Hornady FTX bullets are in stock now. Started a few days ago.

Good sign.

Haven't seen any 30-30 brass available in a while.

Same here, but I was fortunate enough to happen upon some in stock 30-30 brass 2 weeks ago online from Grafs. Finally shipped last week. Also picked up some .35 Remington brass from Bass Pro's website of all places. My cousin is working at a gun shop up in Alaska and he was able to acquire some 30-30 brass from a local range. Ought to have a couple hundred rounds of each loaded by next weekend.

Reactions: Dub
Status
Not open for further replies.