Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosewood

Great post.

Some really useful reading in the Berger manual. It was my nightstand book for a while, lol.
Most of my load manuals are stacked in the floor by my nightstand.

Adam5

I spent some time playing with my Lee hand press while watching TV with my girlfriend tonight. 550 .45acp brass sized and decapped, 200 belled. Tomorrow or Wednesday I’ll bell the rest, and Thursday or Friday I’ll prime them. Saturday they’ll get charged and 500 will get topped with Xtreme 230gr plated bullets, and the other 50 will get Speer 200gr cast semi wadcutters.

Attachments

• 3286AA5B-7989-467C-A74A-1387C2DE44B8.jpeg
    3286AA5B-7989-467C-A74A-1387C2DE44B8.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 9

menhadenman

I spent some time playing with my Lee hand press while watching TV with my girlfriend tonight. 550 .45acp brass sized and decapped, 200 belled. Tomorrow or Wednesday I’ll bell the rest, and Thursday or Friday I’ll prime them. Saturday they’ll get charged and 500 will get topped with Xtreme 230gr plated bullets, and the other 50 will get Speer 200gr cast semi wadcutters.

I gotta start doing that so I can “watch a movie” with the misses ?

GregoryB.

Loaded a ladder of 30-06 for a Belgian made Browning Bar I inherited. Used 168gr NBT over some IMR4831 that I had on the shelf. Had to seat slightly below book to get them to fit easily into the clip/magazine (your preference) . Forgot how fat those 30 caliber bullets look when you are use to 25 caliber.

frankwright

Local range is having a Challenge Glock match only for little big boomers. G29,G30 and G37.
I shot my G29 last Sunday with some warm reloads and I think I set off car alarms out in the parking lot.
I downloaded some ammo to just a few grains over a starting load and shot the 10mm at the range today.
Big difference. It shot great and functioned 100%. The gun was easier to hand on to, spent less time in recoil and felt a lot better on my hands.
I am ready for next Sunday!

01Foreman400

Staff member
Got 100 new Norma 300 WSM cases sized, trimmed, deburred and chamfered this afternoon. I’ll clean them up in the next few days and get them primed up.

rosewood

Local range is having a Challenge Glock match only for little big boomers. G29,G30 and G37.
I shot my G29 last Sunday with some warm reloads and I think I set off car alarms out in the parking lot.
I downloaded some ammo to just a few grains over a starting load and shot the 10mm at the range today.
Big difference. It shot great and functioned 100%. The gun was easier to hand on to, spent less time in recoil and felt a lot better on my hands.
I am ready for next Sunday!
So, you turned it to a short and weak then? :)

BriarPatch99

Stopped in at the Sports Center in Perry ...grabbed a pound of Hodgdon Long shot .... I use it in my 357 SIG and to reload my 20 gauge dove loads ...

Again powder was limited ... IMR 7828 $41 a pound... a few other Hodgdon powders, E3, a couple Winchesters ....

Zero primers that I saw ....I was only in there for about two minutes including check out so I could have missed something.

rosewood

Stopped in at the Sports Center in Perry ...grabbed a pound of Hodgdon Long shot .... I use it in my 357 SIG and to reload my 20 gauge dove loads ...

Again powder was limited ... IMR 7828 $41 a pound... a few other Hodgdon powders, E3, a couple Winchesters ....

Zero primers that I saw ....I was only in there for about two minutes including check out so I could have missed something.
They rearranged their stock. Seems their "back stock" shelves were reallocated last time I was in there.

I use Longshot in 12 gauge heavy loads, .357 sig, 10mm, high end 45 acp, 9mm, 40 S&W. Very versatile powder and it does it within pressure limits of the given cartridge.

How much was the LS?

Rosewood

BriarPatch99

They rearranged their stock. Seems their "back stock" shelves were reallocated last time I was in there.

I use Longshot in 12 gauge heavy loads, .357 sig, 10mm, high end 45 acp, 9mm, 40 S&W. Very versatile powder and it does it within pressure limits of the given cartridge.

How much was the LS?

Rosewood

Yeah I didn't even see the shelf ... I didn't have time to look .....but did go to the bullet/powder section ... I had left Louisville KY that morning going back home ... quickest I ever been in and out the Sports Center ...I like to look ...

There is a Cabelas two miles down from my daughters place ....I didn't even stop by there ... had plans to hit Academy for some $ 6.99 a box 20 gauge ....but didn't ....

The LongShot was $31.99 ....tax and all $36.??

I load the RMR 124 grain MPR bullet over 9.3 grains LS gives me about 1475 or so out my 31 Glock.... less pressure than most other powders except maybe 800x .... like to find some more of it ...

frankwright

So, you turned it to a short and weak then? :)

My Grandson was there to pick up his brand new just repaired boat motor and I told him to check on Small Pistol Primers for me.
They had primers but there were $89/1000.

Reactions: Dub

Adam5

Over a few evenings this week, I’ve sized/decapped, belled, and primed 600 pieces of .45acp brass. Saturday I’ll drop powder and seat projectiles on a friend’s Rockchucker.

I’m thinking that I’ll load 150 - 200 with Speer 200gr lead semiwadcutters over 8.6gr of Accurate #5. That should be fun full power load for my Colt Gold Cup National Match.

The rest will likely be Xtreme 230gr plated over 6.5gr of CFE-P as something softer for the Colt, as well as good rounds for my smaller S&W CS45. The Smith does not feed the semiwadcutters well, and needs a smoother round nose.

Last edited:

Darkhorse

Sports center used to keep the primers behind the main counter with the .22 and centerfire ammo, not with the other reloading supplies. If there are none on the shelf ask at the counter.

deerslayer357

Loaded 100 new 41’s for the stash and primed and sized 100 new 10mm brass. Will powder and seat bullets tomorrow on the 10’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.