Did you Reload anything today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam5

I need to load some .350 Legend for the AR that I’m building. Buying used brass for it is an issue, so I’m picking up some factory ammo, and will make my own used brass.

Last edited:

Nimrod71

I am working hard at learning how to shoot long range, you know the 1,000 yd. stuff. But when I think about it, it's just a good way to justify putting together a rifle and ammo that will put you on target at that range. We all have great 100 yd. weapons but when you move the target out to 1000 yds. it becomes a different game. The rifle, trigger, stock, scope and ammo have all got to be just right.

I have gotten the simple part completed, the rifle, trigger, stock and scope, now I am working on the ammo. Since I have plenty of Sierra 168 Match Kings I have been working on getting them to work. As I have stated before i have kind of settled with a load of 42.5 gr. of IMR 4064. This load gives me a speed of 2,717 fps. which is pretty good. I went through ten of these rounds Saturday morning at 350 yds. I did hit the target but I have a lot of work to do. I sighted the rifle with this load at 100 yds and it was with in 1 MOA. but when I moved out to 350 yds. the group got bigger. So this morning I have loaded up twenty more rounds and heading to the range.

I love the smell of burnt gun powder in the mornings.

rosewood

SakoL61R

Switched from Lil’ Gun back to W296 for my .410 skeet loads.
Rolled 60+ and looking to pattern / test drive them in the next few days.
Was using the older AA compression formed hulls. Now using the newer
HS hulls which seem to last a bit longer.
296 smells better than Lil’ Gun…..??
313330F2-B4F9-4309-80DA-83EE616CA2E7.jpeg

Nimrod71

I have a long way to go before I am ready for the 1000 yd. range, I just barely can make the 350 range. It is fun to me just loading and shooting and I have always been one to do things the hard way. Really after I get the 350 within the circle I plan on changing to the New Sierra 169 gr Match King. They have stated they corrected the faults of the 168 MK so it will make the 1000 yd. mark. We will see.

Heck; if it want work, I still have my 7 mm Mag. and 300 Mag. to work with. I just hope I don't run out of powder and bullets. I will get to the 1000 yds. with something at some time. I'll just keep burning the powder until I make it.

Jester896

Senior Clown
you can get to 1K now if you get outta ur head ;)

just use your 100 yd DOPE and hold over about 410"

your load is running about 60 fps faster than 168 GMM rounds

come about a 1 MOA left to allow for spin drift and pray there is no wind

menhadenman

Snuck off to the range this morning. 42 degrees in Union County! Hunting weather!!! Looks like 23.7 gr of Varget is the ticket for 77 TMK. Also got my blackout zeroed at 20 yds for my son and hoping for a clear shot. Loaded up some more rounds for the Grendel, got a little more testing to do before next week.
3ACCF84B-F102-41B7-8236-3B94D6EE199A.jpeg

Nimrod71

Restocked my Ruger American 243 today. I decided to try a new load for my 243's. I have always used 100 gr. bullets in my 243's but since I have a good supply of 85 gr. BTHP's I think I will try them. I us the 85's in my 6 mm's and they shot holes in holes. I have also killed a few deer with them. Load up a few with 37 gr. of IMR 4895. I'll try them out this weekend.

menhadenman

Restocked my Ruger American 243 today. I decided to try a new load for my 243's. I have always used 100 gr. bullets in my 243's but since I have a good supply of 85 gr. BTHP's I think I will try them. I us the 85's in my 6 mm's and they shot holes in holes. I have also killed a few deer with them. Load up a few with 37 gr. of IMR 4895. I'll try them out this weekend.
Let’s see that new stock!

Jester896

Senior Clown
I tried
checked out some 300BLK and played for a few.
then got to remembering the .243 ProHunter stuff but started on 6.5WSM. Was going to pull the last 4 rounds...no insert for mag cases to be found. Got the collet puller out...case won't fit into the Forster...no .264 insert for the Hornady...smh
then moved to neck sizing and decapping. Did a quick case inspection and there is a clear extrctor mark on about 10 of the new Norma cases I used for the loads that were too hot...hate to throw out once fired cases. Put my new neck bushing in to get it back to .002 neck tension...from the .003 I found I was getting. Something funny going on with die...but finally got it. Pushed the first primer out but not far enough. Readjusted the stem and tried again. OH Wait!...the pin fell out when I put it back...thought I heard it fall. Can't find it anywhere so I dig a new one out of backup. Pulled the die back apart and put it in the vise so I could tighten it better. Put the die back together and tried again. Found the pin...it was in the bottom of the piece of brass...yep...ran the new pin in and bent it...smh. Put the first pin back in and finished necking those 10 cases then ran them through the body die and decide to quit since I wasn't sure I want to use any of those cases.

Maybe a fresh start tomorrow will help.

Last edited:

Kowtown

I tried
checked out some 300BLK and played for a few.
then got to remembering the .243 ProHunter stuff but started on 6.5WSM. Was going to pull the last 4 rounds...no insert for mag cases to be found. Got the collet puller out...case won't fit into the Forster...no .264 insert for the Hornady...smh
then moved to neck sizing and decapping. Did a quick case inspection and there is a clear extrctor mark on about 10 of the new Norma cases I used for the loads that were too hot...hate to throw out once fired cases. Put my new neck bushing in to get it back to .002 neck tension...from the .003 I found I was getting. Something funny going on with die...but finally got it. Pushed the first primer out but not far enough. Readjusted the stem and tried again. OH Wait!...the pin fell out when I put it back...thought I heard it fall. Can't find it anywhere so I dig a new one out of backup. Pulled the die back apart and put it in the vise so I could tighten it better. Put the die back together and tried again. Found the pin...it was in the bottom of the piece of brass...yep...ran the new pin in and bent it...smh. Put the first pin back in and finished necking those 10 cases then ran them through the body die and decide to quit since I wasn't sure I want to use any of those cases.

Maybe a fresh start tomorrow will help.

Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield...::ke:

GregoryB.

Just loaded a ladder for my #1 in 243. Used a min to max load (Lyman Manual) of Reloader 22 with 100gr Partitions. Used a couple of grains over minimum to zero my scope and that load showed potential so I decided to work both sides of that load and see how it shapes up.

Stevie Ray

Getting back active with casting so last night I loaded some Lee C309-170s that I cast last week for my Model '94 30-30 that I'll be taking to the woods soon. Hitting the range in the morning to see how they shoot after loading them with 26 grs of H335, I typically shoot those with IMR3031 but my stash of 3031 is running super low and I have plenty of 335 so we'll see how that powder works.

Status
Not open for further replies.