Did you shoot anything today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wire Nut

Zeroed my 350 legend and started working on the blr 7mm-08.

Dub

Hit the range today for a pitstop.

Shot 100rds of 115gr Blazer Aluminum.

Let it run wide open throttle. Gun is stable, smooth & steady and benefited from the additional forward heft of the SureFire (first session with it mounted).

It's capable of much better accuracy results than I allowed it today. I'm the weak link....gun is solid. Still getting acclimated to running a red dot sight. Having to remind myself to remain focused on the target, not the front sight or the dot. Target only...let the dot hover.

Fighting years of front sight focus.

The dot is an easier way to shoot....especially when I simply trust in grip & trigger press....let the dot hover & don't try to anchor it still.

I'll get there.

rosewood

You was supposed to take out his dominant eye....

GregoryB.

Shot 3 rifles today with some test load ladders. 30-06 and 7mm 08 loads didn't show much potential so time to change powders. My 243 with reloader 22 and 100gr Partitions showed potential. Only had a few loads put together to zero my scope. Will load a ladder for it from min to max and shoot again tomorrow if I get off early.

Shot some loads I made for the 6mm Remington and my 7.62x39 ar the other day. 100 grain pro hunters shot better than anything I’ve tried in the 6mm. Thinking seriously about hunting with them this season instead of the nosler partition. 7.62x39 shot great with the 123 grain sst. Should be a killer woods load. Anxious to try it out this season.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Got the smoke pole limbered up for the primitive opener.

Reactions: Dub

bullgator

I tried to shoot :O......but the ranges were closed. They had Todd Jarrett there doing demonstrations and my friend and I thought we’d shoot some at the 600 yard lines after catching his first demonstration of the morning. That didn’t happen, so we caught his show and then went gun shop hopping.

GregoryB.

Shot my 243 today with a ladder I loaded last night, 100gr Partitions over Reloader 22. Never got any tighter than about 1 1/2 at 100 yards. Time to move on to the next powder. Need to find some H100V so I can test some 80gr Barnes TTSX I have setting on the shelf.

BriarPatch99

Ruger 77 .270 Win, Browning Abolt .25/06 & DPMS Sweet Sixteen AR .223 .....

Was trying to get Ruger to shoot a better group ....just didn't make it happen ....about 1.5/1.75 with several changes ... Hornady 130 grain SST with 6.5 Staball

Reactions: Dub

rosewood

Shot my 243 today with a ladder I loaded last night, 100gr Partitions over Reloader 22. Never got any tighter than about 1 1/2 at 100 yards. Time to move on to the next powder. Need to find some H100V so I can test some 80gr Barnes TTSX I have setting on the shelf.
I have had submoa groups using rl22 and 100 sierra ph bullets on both a mossberg and savage.

GunnSmokeer

This weekend I got to do some pistol shooting. The Glock 17 performed great for me but my friend had a problem with jerking the trigger for about one out of every four rounds that flyer alwsys landing two feet low and a foot left (at 20 yards).

The Glock 42, the little .380 that normally performs very well, had gotten some sand (very little) in it on a hike along the creek bank a week ago. Well, now we found out the gun wouldn't shoot! It was disabled ; the trigger mechanism had a few grains of sand in it that prevented the trigger from going back far enough to release the striker!
A field-strip & liberal spray down with some motorcycle chain cleaner and degreaser got the gun back into action, but the trigger pull still feels gritty and very heavy, so I think it's time for a detail strip, where all the fire control parts come out.7A9BE05E-C00B-4D08-A20B-85BBFB6863D8.jpeg

GunnSmokeer

The most fun gun I shot this weekend was my Browning Buck Mark wearing an AAC pilot suppresser. We shot full power CCI Mini Mags, but they came out subsonic from this 5 inch barrel gun.
It was quiet. Very accurate. The friends I brought shooting with me really liked it too.
141372F9-C0EF-47E5-BAB9-3FD82D3F91B6.jpeg

rosewood

The Glock 42, the little .380 that normally performs very well, had gotten some sand (very little) in it on a hike along the creek bank a week ago. Well, now we found out the gun wouldn't shoot! It was disabled ; the trigger mechanism had a few grains of sand in it that prevented the trigger from going back far enough to release the striker!
A field-strip & liberal spray down with some motorcycle chain cleaner and degreaser got the gun back into action, but the trigger pull still feels gritty and very heavy, so I think it's time for a detail strip, where all the fire control parts come out.View attachment 1107842

Say it ain't so.... A glock failed to function? It actually needed a cleaning? Wow, who would have knew.... The mall ninjas Glock Fan Boys on the interwebs will be in denial.

Rosewood

killerv

Took out the new Tikka T1x 17hmr while checking deer rifles. Let my 10yo shoot the first 10 shot group with it @100. Not to shabby. All I have found is the Hornady 17gr since I picked up the rifle. With a little concentration I'm sure we could get under an inch.

7vB9kKl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.