Did you shoot anything today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kowtown

Wicked looking Steyr !!!

Always thought highly of the barrels in those Pro Hunters.

Great guns. Solid feeling, great triggers and super adjustable length of pull.

I've had mine over 20 years Dub and I agree with everything you just said.
I've never had to adjust the scope in the years since, and it's still dead on.

It ain't classically beautiful but it really works well.

Got me on the spelling too.facepalm:
As long as I've owned it I should be able to spell it.

Last edited:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
30 Cal Berger VLD's are top notch. I was even more impressed with them off the vise. All hand loads at 168grains. Wow!! Glad I loaded them.

SC Hunter

Shot my Encore with the 7mm-08 barrel first and produced the 3 shot group inside the circle, there are 2 in the hole on the vertical line.

The two shots above and right of the circle is my buddy's 6.5 Ruger American predator. Good shooting rifle especially what they cost. We shot his fiance's Ruger American 6.5 as well and it shot a 1 inch group but I didn't take a picture of it.

Switched to my 243 barrel on the Encore and shot 4 times all hitting in or just outside the black. That's the gun the kids shoot and they don't shoot farther than 100 yards. I have shot Winchester power points out of it mostly and they do good, I shot Norma 100 grain soft points out of it today and it did good enough for what we're going to use it for.

All shots are at 100 yards with factory ammo.

*Note that 7mm-08 barrel slipped off my climber rail last year and fell 20-25 feet. I never adjusted the scope and I'm amazed the Vortex scope is still sighted in.

Attachments

• IMG_20211014_152512474.jpg
    IMG_20211014_152512474.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211014_152553256.jpg
    IMG_20211014_152553256.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 5

SC Hunter

Shot my Ruger #1A in 7mm 08 today with a ladder I loaded yesterday. 38grs of IMR produced a ragged 1 hole 3 shot group with 140gr NBT. Now I need to load up the rest of my brass and go shoot Bambi.
I love the 140 grain NBT out of my 7mm-08. I've got 2 heads in the freezer that need to go to the taxidermist that didn't like those bullets.

rosewood

There was 5. One stayed in woods. I think they smelled me. The one doe kept putting her nose in the air. They went behind me to other feeder. The other doe finally came out. The 2 older does kept staring at me, but never ran off. The 3 yearlings was 2 bucks and 1 doe. Need more does, got more bucks than does and I haven't shot a doe in 4 years.

GregoryB.

Got off work early and headed to the house to shoot. Once I relocated the horses from the range I got to shooting. Shot my early 60's Browning Bar 30-06. Just put a Leupold from the safe on it. Shoots right at 1 inch with 150gr Winchester Power Points.
Next up was my #1 in 7mm-08. Worked out a new load for it yesterday. Wanted some more trigger time with the new rifle. Bullet holes touch at 100 yards. Next up was my #1 RSI in 257 Robert's. Shooting 80gr TTSX. Shot a inch low shots touching, adjusted scope and called it good. Finally I got out my #1B in 257 Weatherby shooting 100gr TTSX. Same thing about 1 inch low shots touching. Adjusted scope and came inside to wipe my guns down .

GunnSmokeer

AF9FBDD1-B37A-4B80-B286-070E60BBDB2F.jpeg

shot some rainwater-drain holes in the bottom of a steel 55 gallon drum,
which he is now a burning barrel for my backyard next to the garage to dispose of scrap wood from various projects.

Used a .22 rifle with Standard Velocity ammo, and it did not seem very loud.

rosewood

Man, did u figure how much that ammo cost? ......

SakoL61R

HS skeet-trap-clays shoot yesterday was a hoot (Pic).

Shot clays today with my boy and 3 others.
Absolutely beautiful afternoon to be out with the shottys!

Attachments

• 3B7AD10F-CBB8-43CB-AC2D-7CB84B229664.jpeg
    3B7AD10F-CBB8-43CB-AC2D-7CB84B229664.jpeg
    361.7 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Dub

SakoL61R

Our club is in the process of changing all the Sporting Clay machines and Trap Machines. Should be pretty awesome when it done.

Which club, Jester?
Im at 17S in Richmond Hill. Our clays range should be revamped and complete sometime January, hopefully. Or so I heard….

transfixer

I finally got around to shooting my new "truck gun" , AR pistol with Sba4 brace, law tactical folding adapter, 8.5in .300bo barrel, PSA two stage trigger (which surprisingly feels very good ) Holosun 403c red dot, with co-witnessed backup sights. Aero precision adjustable gas block, runs like a sewing machine, folds up to a little over 21 inches , fits in a non descript, non tactical looking backpack,

Also ran a few rounds through the 7.62x39 AR i use for hunting, next weekend I need to run a box or so through my P365 just to stay fresh

fishnguy

Just put a new stock on my Savage model 11 in .308. Fired it today with 5 different cartridges. Hornady American Whitetail in 150 and 165 gr. Winchester Deer Season XP in 150 gr. Federal Deer Thugs in 165 gr., and Norma 150 gr soft points. The Normas shot the best. I just don't think this rifle shoots as well as it should.

Reactions: Dub

frankwright

Yep, I did.
My Stepson gave me a Remington 7400 in .308 several years ago. I had it cut down like the Carbine versions but had never shot it.
After a morning hunt I sighted it in.
It did not like to function 100% with my handloaded Game King 165gr but it ate my Hornady 165 SST Gummy tipped rounds. I am going to look into that problem.
I got it dialed in at 100 yards as good as my old eyes can see the crosshairs.
It functioned perfectly, I put some 165 FMJ and just cranked them off into a dirt pile as fast as I could pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.