Did you shoot anything today ?

Thread starter #721
I cant decide if I want a dot on it or not, thinking about keeping it simple. It throws up well like a nice fitted shotgun and both my son and I were poppin cans at 25 yards no problem.

Yep.

I made the mistake of shooting one.

Big mistake. :rofl:

It flung a cravin'. (y)(y)(y)(y)

Yes @Dub that is her...she comes in at 12.8#...a fat bottom gurl

All of these are 5 shot groups and she gets hot quick

She really liked the 38gr of H380 under 50gr Balistic Tips...I let one of the 5 get away from me. I think it is really good considering what all was going on. This ladder was in FC brass and all of it had the shoulders pushed back to -.002. After checking my Mo's Gauge with the Go-Gauge we used for the chamber it is off +.002. So all of those rounds had unnecessary headspace .004 and allowed the primers to back out. The Lab Radar was acting up as well and for some odd reason I neglected to write down the speeds it did show for the 50gr.

She absolutely loved the 60gr Ballistic Tip on the H380

36gr a little erratic but I got 2 in the same hole. These were all in Hornady brass and the shoulders were set at .000

IMG_0669.jpg

36.5gr let one of those get away from me too...average speed of the ones it picked up 3271fps

IMG_0670.jpg

37gr
These got a little hot during this sequence...didn't allow for enough cool down time. 2 of the 5 caught at the top of bolt lift just a tad and the case stretched .002. I am going to back this one down .2gr and load a string and play with seating depth maybe. These ran 3340fps.

IMG_0671.jpg

we are already looking at 69gr loads to see if it will shoot them. H100V and Staball show velocities way over what these ran for the 69gr bullet. I don't think they will stabilize but with that much additional velocity they just might. Can't hurt to try 5 :cool:

38.0 grains is how it got the name h380 in thshooting. With 52bthp i think.

Nice shootin.