Did you shoot anything today ?

I ran a handful of mags of 10MM on the steel 3/4 silhouette from 50 yards. 23/35 hits with iron sights. Needs a good bit of work, but this was the first time I shot this pistol in 6 months or more.

Hoping to move to a 6” round plate and get the hit percentage up to 90+% at that range before deer season

Sunday I shot an ICORE (Revolver Only) match at Riverbend.
It was a blast, I really enjoy watching all the wheelguns in action and some of those guys are really good.
Because my eyes are so bad I added a Red Dot to my S&W 66 and it sure made a difference in my hit ratio, especially on the steel plates.
I have been looking into a major upgrade, maybe a S&W 929, but they are hard to find and expensive.
Then there would be new holster, moon clips and holders, I may just play with what I got for a while.

Shot the 1911, 3 mags. I shot a couple mags the other day, wanted to have enough shot to justify cleaning - I really like to clean guns, for some reason.

Target was a Sprite bottle, about 40 feet. Hit it, or came close enough, to scare it every time. It's pretty nice to be able to shoot in the yard.

This afternoon, The Kid and Little Brother shot up about 200 rounds in the little youth model 10-22.

Soda bottles and Aluminum Cans out to about 35 yards.

I just loaded magazines, and let em' have at it...

It IS nice to be able to shoot in the yard... 🤠

I shot the 22 match this morning

grabbed a Samich and headed just South of Edison (45minutes) to shoot again centerfire this time

Started shooting my buddy"s Dasher @ 500...just could see the orange dot in the center of that 6" gong...but I got it. Then I got on my .260 and sent some to the other side of the rack...took a minute to get on...those loads were too hot for the conditions. I got all but 4 that I had in my box downrange when the bottom fell out.

Rifle is wet, gear is wet, I am wet and the red clay roads are all over my li'l black truck...it was a great day!

Salmon up on the Blackstone next after a nap

rmp

I finished the bedding on the 700 this morning which turned out better than I thought it would. Cleaned up nicely.

I wanted to test the 123 Scenar trials I made up for the Kimber 6.5L yesterday and test the newly bedded .270. I took some 130 NBT loads from my ADL stash just to get some rounds through it. Starting with the 6.5L and some 125 NPT hunting loads just to get going.

AC440E3E-D435-4619-9F61-E76137B20FAA.jpeg

I made the mistake of shooting the 700 with its factory Walker trigger between groups with the Kimber. Oh well, I own it 100%. 5 shots at 100M. Not too bad considering the whole outfit weighs less than some barrels. “Cow barrels” 😆

image.jpg

image.jpg

The .270 did ok but needs a trigger tweak and more rounds through it.

Thread starter #910
I pulled the trigger on a few of these today

I miss the game.

Glad to know you are enjoying it. (y)

Fun times, personal challenges, camaraderie....all excellent.

Always enjoyed simply getting out there and getting in a quick nine by myself....or a marathon 36 rolling party with the group. Birdies & a pile of beer cans and a heap of trash talking. :)

It’s been a minute @Dub ….the 8 iron was one fire. 1st time in over a year and a half I’ve played. Not sure if you can see how small the green is. I’m not sure there is a flagstick on either side of that pin placement.

Thread starter #915
It’s been a minute @Dub ….the 8 iron was one fire. 1st time in over a year and a half I’ve played. Not sure if you can see how small the green is. I’m not sure there is a flagstick on either side of that pin placement.
Glad you got out there. It’s a great game.

Back when I played I would maintain a 13 handicap with a beer-a-hole pace. :)

In a couple of my groups we had guys that would take a swig of whiskey on top of the suds.

Fun stuff.

Golf gets a bad image from all the white belted flat-brim-wearing types in overly tight clothes.

Its a great social game and something will challenge everything you
have….mental discipline, physical ability, coordination and ability and to maintain composure……all while quenching a thirst. :)

Some of the same guys I played with are the same I shoot & fish with.

Managed to fine tune the zero's on my 8.5in 300bo pistol and my 10.5in 300bo pistol today, swapped optics around a while back and had never finalized the zero on either of them. the 8.5in is equipped with a LAW tactical folder , and it will live in the backseat of my truck once again starting tomorrow, 50yd zero, I don't see myself needing that one much further than that . I'll check it at 100 at some point just to see , but am fairly confident it will hit man sized targets at that distance even with a 50yd zero

Thread starter #917
Managed to fine tune the zero's on my 8.5in 300bo pistol and my 10.5in 300bo pistol today, swapped optics around a while back and had never finalized the zero on either of them. the 8.5in is equipped with a LAW tactical folder , and it will live in the backseat of my truck once again starting tomorrow, 50yd zero, I don't see myself needing that one much further than that . I'll check it at 100 at some point just to see , but am fairly confident it will hit man sized targets at that distance even with a 50yd zero

Those LAW hinges are really slick !

Yes, I originally had bought the Sylvan arms, didn't care for it , never even installed it, the LAW's are worth the extra $ in my opinion
The Laws were out of stock everywhere when I did my 9mm and I used the Sylvan. What are the differences that you feel make the extra worth it?

The Laws were out of stock everywhere when I did my 9mm and I used the Sylvan. What are the differences that you feel make the extra worth it?
the LAW's are more compact for one thing, not having to use the extension, and overall the quality just feels better ,,and to me they just look better installed than the Sylvan . I've not heard of anyone having issues with the Sylvan though, but overall most admit the LAW version is the better version of the two. They do cost more,, considering you can get the Sylvan on sale a lot of times pretty cheap, the LAW is about twice the price