Did you shoot anything today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub

Figured we could use a thread for sharing shooting fun.

I know we have some parents & grandparents having some great times on the range with their young students.

We also have folks trying out new ammo or working up a handload for one of their guns.

Rifles getting tuned up for deer season......shotguns being pattered for turkey....pig guns, too.

Did you do any training today?

Sporting clays ?

3-Gun ?

Plinking ?

Punching paper ?

SC Hunter

This is a great idea for a thread! So far the only thing I've shot is a few private messages to a guy on ODT trying to set up a trade. Hopefully we can set something up for this evening.

Reactions: Dub

Mars

I'm recovering from neck surgery so it's going to be a couple months before I'm able to do any shooting. I have been able to do some reloading though!

Dub

This is a great idea for a thread! So far the only thing I've shot is a few private messages to a guy on ODT trying to set up a trade. Hopefully we can set something up for this evening.

:rofl: Hope it goes according to plan and ya'll both walk away feeling good about it.

I'm recovering from neck surgery so it's going to be a couple months before I'm able to do any shooting. I have been able to do some reloading though!

Ouch. Went though a little neck surgery of my own 3 years back. Reloading would have been a super hobby to have during that time.

I remember going out with a buddy to bust some clays. I knew my neck wasn't ready when one of the stations tossed 'em overhead and I turned too quick & went up after it.....ouch. I'm glad I went, though, as my friend was using an autoloader that his father left for him when he passed earlier that year.

Neither of us go more than oncer or twice a year....so missing is something we have down to a routine. He broke out his dad's Beretta and couldn't hardly miss 'em.
Never seen anything like it. (y)

Hang in there & heal up. Hope it goes well for you.

snooker1

Went "skills building" after work today, my goal was 10 rounds at 150 yards, 10 rounds 250 yards and 10 rounds at 350 yards. I got off 8 rounds before the first bolt of lightening and I called it a day. Browning X-Bolt 223.

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 23

Jester896

Senior Clown
Went "skills building" after work today, my goal was 10 rounds at 150 yards, 10 rounds 250 yards and 10 rounds at 350 yards. I got off 8 rounds before the first bolt of lightening and I called it a day. Browning X-Bolt 223.

you musta been lookin at the weather and not the target::ke:

snooker1

Tuesdays drill was a moving and shooting drill (handgun). 6 Targets 3 total stations, (3) good guys and (3) bad guys they are mixed up, you have 2 seconds of face time at each station to define the threat and shoot, the threat could be one, both or none of the targets. Two of us ran this drill 6 or 7 times full speed at around 1500 hours with a heat index of around 108. At the end of the drill we set up two targets at 100 yards, set up our 22-250 rifle, Then we ran full speed 75 yards out, 75 yards back and proned out and had 3 seconds to load a round a shoot a metal target at 100 yards.

Mexican Squealer

Just finished letting my little girl shoot my new AR...she dumped 30 rounds and wanted to keep going. Being new to AR’s, I had no idea they would be this fun to shoot. My daughter loves it too. We are about 70 rounds lighter now. Good times

transfixer

Not today, but if I can manage it I'm going to the lease this weekend to do some shooting, got a 7.62x39 AR I need to finish dialing in, and need to put some rounds through my G23 and my CZp10s just to stay in practice.

Dub

Do you give lessons ?

I could use 'em. 8 rds at 150yds looks solid to me.

Tuesdays drill was a moving and shooting drill (handgun). 6 Targets 3 total stations, (3) good guys and (3) bad guys they are mixed up, you have 2 seconds of face time at each station to define the threat and shoot, the threat could be one, both or none of the targets. Two of us ran this drill 6 or 7 times full speed at around 1500 hours with a heat index of around 108. At the end of the drill we set up two targets at 100 yards, set up our 22-250 rifle, Then we ran full speed 75 yards out, 75 yards back and proned out and had 3 seconds to load a round a shoot a metal target at 100 yards.

Tired me out just reading about the running. :rofl:

Just kidding. Sounds like you worked in some stress to make it really test awareness, nerves, breathing and accuracy.

Just finished letting my little girl shoot my new AR...she dumped 30 rounds and wanted to keep going. Being new to AR’s, I had no idea they would be this fun to shoot. My daughter loves it too. We are about 70 rounds lighter now. Good times

Great fun, there. (y)

I don't know much about AR's.....only that ammo goes quickly and the grins last all day after shooting them.

Not today, but if I can manage it I'm going to the lease this weekend to do some shooting, got a 7.62x39 AR I need to finish dialing in, and need to put some rounds through my G23 and my CZp10s just to stay in practice.

Sounds like some good fun.

Guys at work were discussing AR's in that round the other day. Conversation was started when somebody mentioned wanting an AK.

You mentioned dialing in and staying in practice.

I'm rusty on pretty much everything. Dialing in is what I need to do soon with a couple hunting rifles and an AR pistol I picked up.

My hand-gunning is off. Some from rust....some from needing some instruction to work on fundamentals.

I just hope we will all be able to source the ammo & components needed for our desired shooting. ::;

Ran a couple handguns to the range today for a rushed 100rd shakedown of each. The 9mm was my first time shooting. This was 3rd time with the .45. If both continue to prove trouble free......plan is for both used for carry.

25' on each. Not carefully aimed...come up from a low ready & pull trigger as soon as front sight crosses target.

The 9mm has wider grip and longer trigger position. Very natural handling.

Looking forward to really getting familiar with the triggers in each.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Had Grandboy out yesterday shooting his 410 at some horrid squirrel drawings I made on notebook paper...

He has a pretty good understanding that his gun is good to around 30 yards, before being uncertain of putting enough pellets in a tree rat...

Also let him shoot at a few pine cones up in trees, and he gets that altitude counts toward his 30 yard useful distance...

Sharp kid.

transfixer

The AR is one I put together a while back, mistakenly thought it would need a hvy buffer and xtra power spring, it didn't ! I use adjustable gas blocks so now that I have went back to stock buffer and spring, I've got to start over with the gas adjustment, and then sight in the scope . If it ends up shooting well, which I believe it will, then I will use it some for hunting this fall

georgia_home

Last weekend and this weekend, skeet. Did ok last Saturday...

Picked up a 20g, used 870, just before Christmas last year. Really enjoying it. The texture of the grip is nice and aggressive. Tore a blister by the 2nd round.

The shuck on the doubles is pretty quick. Forgot how much fun pumps and 20’s are.

Dub

Happy 4th Everyone.

Snuck over to the crowded indoor and ran 3 guns.....all are or will become carry weapons.

25' for everything today. No issues.

First up was the runt of the group. This little alloy framed .45 is proving itself nicely. 100% reliable from day one & accurate when I do my part.

Two single shots from low-ready. An aimed 7rd mag run and then a slowly fired aimed 7rd mag.

Next was 51 rounds from the EDC X9.

First mag was low-ready to center mass. Next two mags low-ready to center mass (1 shot) & to head (1 shot).

Finished off with 100rds of gubmint .45 action. This one remains 100% reliable. 400 rds through it now. Only bobble was a failure to lock back on empty slide on first outing...with new factory mag first use. Been using same mags for each session and no repeat issues of any kind.

First shot head shot & then chased it with remainder of mag.

Remainder were taken quickly at center mass....up from low-ready & chasing them.

Knocking the rust off and some trigger time is sure nice.

Last edited:

transfixer

Went out to grab a bite to eat and decided to drop in Academy Sports just to look around, good thing I already have ammo to shoot , cause they didn't have anything but traditional deer rifle cartridges, some 17 and 22 mag and shotgun shells !

Gun case probably had less than a dozen pistols, half of them were revolvers, :crazy:

georgia_home

Three rounds of 5 stand today, and 3 rounds of skeet.

Fun, but 5 stand humiliates me.

Skeet, I do ok I guess. Usually between 20-23. Final round today was my first 25/25 in a couple years.

A little warm by 10am. Pushing 95 as I got done

Dub

Went out to grab a bite to eat and decided to drop in Academy Sports just to look around, good thing I already have ammo to shoot , cause they didn't have anything but traditional deer rifle cartridges, some 17 and 22 mag and shotgun shells !

Gun case probably had less than a dozen pistols, half of them were revolvers, :crazy:

I stopped at the local Academy last week. I wanted to look at scopes....trying to decide on reticle choices between a couple low budget models.

Ammo & guns were scarce. Some shotgun shells and some hunting rounds was about it. Guy at the counter said they were ordering all they could but was disappearing off the shelves.

Three rounds of 5 stand today, and 3 rounds of skeet.

Fun, but 5 stand humiliates me.

Skeet, I do ok I guess. Usually between 20-23. Final round today was my first 25/25 in a couple years.

A little warm by 10am. Pushing 95 as I got done

Sounds like a super morning....and you beat the heat as best you could.

I'll say this...everytime I begin to gripe about the heat & humidity....I'll usually stop short and remember the mild winters. As a kid I used to love cold weather. Now....the only thing I appreciate it is the reduced snake & gator movement. :rofl:

Perfect shooting on the final round !!!! :cheers: Well done. That'll have your fire stoked to get back out there next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.