Did you shoot anything today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgia_home

Dub, Thinking of the Ron white skit, about the wife and the thermostat.

Definitely made the right choice in my mrs. We’re both polar bears. Not crazy about any heat, and don’t mind the cold a bit. We can always put cloths on.

Thank god! I don’t have Ron’s money to pay for those divorces.

I stopped at the local Academy last week. I wanted to look at scopes....trying to decide on reticle choices between a couple low budget models.

Ammo & guns were scarce. Some shotgun shells and some hunting rounds was about it. Guy at the counter said they were ordering all they could but was disappearing off the shelves.

Sounds like a super morning....and you beat the heat as best you could.

I'll say this...everytime I begin to gripe about the heat & humidity....I'll usually stop short and remember the mild winters. As a kid I used to love cold weather. Now....the only thing I appreciate it is the reduced snake & gator movement. :rofl:

Perfect shooting on the final round !!!! :cheers: Well done. That'll have your fire stoked to get back out there next time.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Dub, Thinking of the Ron white skit, about the wife and the thermostat.

Definitely made the right choice in my mrs. We’re both polar bears. Not crazy about any heat, and don’t mind the cold a bit. We can always put cloths on.

Thank god! I don’t have Ron’s money to pay for those divorces.

:rofl:

Ron White is hilarious for certain......and agreement on glad I've never gone the divorce route. I am very, very fortunate in having a loving wife of the past 25+ years. She is amazing. We are at odds on the temperature thing, though.

At 51 I'm now feeling the effects of arthritis in the knee joints & spine. Imagine it'll be something I'd best get acquainted with.....ain't making friends with it, mind you....just figuring out how to maneuver 'round for fun stuff & working. 70+ degrees feels best.

My wife's cancer meds have her going through random hot flashes and in general not enjoying summer temps. Typing this from the recliner now & wearing long pants. Cold enough to hang up elk in this house. :rofl: No complaints, though, extremely grateful that the meds are working wonderfully & fighting that evil mess.

Looking forward to this afternoon's grilling. I'll huddle around the grill & thaw out. :rofl:

frankwright

I got up at 4 am, met up with two friends and drove almost 1 1/2 hours to Dawsonville to join 68 like minded individuals ion an IDPA match.
Early start was to try to beat the heat but by the time I finished seven stages it was pretty warm out but I had a good time!

SC Hunter

Loaded a little hot....

I laughed when I watched that! That little tube is stout if it held up to that! If you could anchor it down in the back of a truck or something bb's would clear a street in a heartbeat!

Dub

I got up at 4 am, met up with two friends and drove almost 1 1/2 hours to Dawsonville to join 68 like minded individuals ion an IDPA match.
Early start was to try to beat the heat but by the time I finished seven stages it was pretty warm out but I had a good time!

:rockon: (y)

Dub

I started to shoot my mouth off...but held up...well a little anyway..:cool:

I hear ya.

I have to keep my filter activated at work....now more than ever. It seems that anything that is said can potentially be offensive to someone.

Looking forward to the years ahead, Lord willing, when retirement arrives and I’ll reserve the filter just for Sundays. :)

Not saying it’s the right way to be....it’s just where I’m at. Tired of these foolish liberals everywhere. :rofl:

snooker1

Browning X-Blot 308 at 150 and 250 yards. Glock 27 at 7 yards, 2 shots in 3 seconds on a buzzer from the holster.

Attachments

• 150 Yard.jpg
    150 Yard.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 250 Yard.jpg
    250 Yard.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Handgun drill .jpg
    Handgun drill .jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 4

Dub

Hit the busy indoor range this afternoon to get some trigger time with this pistola pair:

Ran another 100rd through the .45 Baer @ 8 yds. Gun hs 500 rds of 230gr ball through it without problems. On the first shooting it didn't lock the slide back on empty with one of the new LB mags. No further incident.

16rd string running swiftly.

Looking forward to changing to thicker grips when I take it down for good cleaning.

Ran the target back to 25yd. First magazine ever fired through the gun. Running the popup irons. Blurred & sweaty safety glasses left me wanting to slap the red dot on their pronto. :) Maybe by next Friday's session.

I'm pleased with the VZ grip & rail covers. Great traction with sweat & oil. Rail covers also help when the rail temp heated up from round count.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Looking forward to changing to thicker grips when I take it down for good cleaning.

have you checked out the new Fall Out texture? I have been wanting to try out a thinner profile grip on one of mine...maybe when I work on the Rock Island...I did order the thin S/A magwell for it

Dub

I haven’t seen the fall out pattern yet.

The G10 world has new stuff coming out constantly.

I have a set of cocobolo grips for this one waiting on me to swap out when I get it cleaned up.

snooker1

No trigger time today, but I did spend a couple hours alone in the workshop cleaning what I shot during the week and listening to a little Don Williams.

Attachments

• Guns.jpg
    Guns.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 15

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have a set of cocobolo grips for this one waiting on me to swap out when I get it cleaned up.

won't you need to change the bushings too?

I got some trigger time today...my right arm feels like the brother in 50 First Dates

Dub

did you get a staking tool?...you can borrow mine if you need to
Much appreciated. I think I’m in good shape. Picked up one of the Challis tools with that order. I’m hoping it will make easy work of the removal.

My biggest issue is not being able to find the grips I want to use. They are buried somewhere in the spare bedroom where I’ve been stashing reloading gear while we made decisions during house shopping.

georgia_home

Well, something like 25 years, had a little hiccup in the 5 stand yesterday. Well over 15k rounds on this puppy, and a little malfunction. Hello, Brownells...

Switched to the 870/20g for the remainder of the day.

Beautiful day out though.

D449E65E-C52F-4E7A-BC23-FB8D836F9038.jpeg

snooker1

Been a few months since I shot the revolver so I used it as a finger workout. Tried a few different loads with the 223.

Attachments

• 7 yard.jpg
    7 yard.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 100 yard 55 gr 223 Cal.jpg
    100 yard 55 gr 223 Cal.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 100 yards 50 gr 223 cal.jpg
    100 yards 50 gr 223 cal.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 2
Status