Did you shoot anything today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Function checked a Remington 870 Express youth model I bought today, after finding a few cases of 20 ga shells in the shed while hunting for something else...

Haven't had a 20 in years, except my ol single shot. Ain't real sure how I came to have all that ammo, but The Kid will enjoy it soon as his arms get a little longer...lol

Jester896

Senior Clown
tested the difference between small pistol primers and small pistol magnum primers in a S&W 1911 in 9mm. With the same powder charge of CFEPistol you get about 50fps difference according to the Lab Radar.

Reactions: Dub

Mauser

First kill with the canik tp9sf elite mowing around fields today

Snapchat-978832681_copy_600x1093.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-978832681_copy_600x1093.jpg
    Snapchat-978832681_copy_600x1093.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 5

pacecars

I said I would stop but I can’t help myself. I am trying to buy a Winchester Model 54 in .250-3000 Savage

pacecars

Do you give lessons ?

I could use 'em. 8 rds at 150yds looks solid to me.

Tired me out just reading about the running. :rofl:

Just kidding. Sounds like you worked in some stress to make it really test awareness, nerves, breathing and accuracy.

Great fun, there. (y)

I don't know much about AR's.....only that ammo goes quickly and the grins last all day after shooting them.

Sounds like some good fun.

Guys at work were discussing AR's in that round the other day. Conversation was started when somebody mentioned wanting an AK.

You mentioned dialing in and staying in practice.

I'm rusty on pretty much everything. Dialing in is what I need to do soon with a couple hunting rifles and an AR pistol I picked up.

My hand-gunning is off. Some from rust....some from needing some instruction to work on fundamentals.

I just hope we will all be able to source the ammo & components needed for our desired shooting. ::;

Ran a couple handguns to the range today for a rushed 100rd shakedown of each. The 9mm was my first time shooting. This was 3rd time with the .45. If both continue to prove trouble free......plan is for both used for carry.

25' on each. Not carefully aimed...come up from a low ready & pull trigger as soon as front sight crosses target.

The 9mm has wider grip and longer trigger position. Very natural handling.

Looking forward to really getting familiar with the triggers in each.

Nice! I love my EDC

bullgator

0D2A4B74-01DF-4A66-97B1-0D848B20CC73.jpeg81F445D5-9574-4884-8EE7-09C74ABDD129.jpegTook the 6 Dasher to chronograph some loads yesterday. With the Magnetospeed attached to the barrel, these 25 shots were 1.18”. Thats 5 different loads, 4 different bullets, 3 different powders, and 3 different primers. I wasn’t shooting for groups, just data. These are shots 251-275 thru this rifle.

oldfella1962

I went to an indoor range yesterday with my adult son who is a military vet like myself, and he has only fired 9 mils, shotguns and M16/M4 and whatnot. He's never fired a revolver before. We had a ball! I bought a .22 single action revolver a few days ago and I forgot just how much fun shooting can be. He was very impressed with how much better he can shoot with the .22 revolver than a 9 mil. That and not having to clear jams makes revolver shooting in general more reliable and safe.

bullgator

I went to an indoor range yesterday with my adult son who is a military vet like myself, and he has only fired 9 mils, shotguns and M16/M4 and whatnot. He's never fired a revolver before. We had a ball! I bought a .22 single action revolver a few days ago and I forgot just how much fun shooting can be. He was very impressed with how much better he can shoot with the .22 revolver than a 9 mil. That and not having to clear jams makes revolver shooting in general more reliable and safe.
What .22 revolver did you buy?

georgia_home

I am gonna cheat. Well, make it more flexible anyway.

The local county range has a near world class facility. Or pretty close, especially for shotgun stuff. With the COVID, they were locked down like everywhere else... EXCEPT!

They have a special self access / self service program that lets you in even when the place is closed. Anyway, free application and free card. Just pay for targets like normal. $6.75/round for trap or skeet.

So the regular hours are FSS 7a-11a only. It is 100 by 11 this time of year, but summer will end.

So with the program card you get daylight access every day or week, even on days that would been closed pre COVID as well as current COVID hours.

I am thinking this could get expensive! But it does open things up a little.

Shooting Saturday morning and will pick up the card and prepay for some targets. Even have some sporting clay targets in my pocket from last year. Maybe wait for some cooler weather to enjoy those.

I picked up a Springfield Armory XD for the wife. My EDC is a Sig P320 in.45. The SA is a full size 4” barrel, I do not like a compact or anything shorter than 4”.
The guy I bought it from had never even shot it? I really like this weapon. The factory sites were dead on and it handles well. Shot about a 100 rounds of the Winchester FMJ and about 20 of the Underwood extreme defense +P 90 grain which is what she’ll be carrying. I did a lot of research on these loads and they have actually impressed me in the 9mm. I’m a .die hard 45 guy ,bigger is better type but these bullets are the real deal. I’ve seen the drywall tests the gel etc. My brother works at a auto body shop and had an old truck door with window.
I wanted to know what these bullets would do if you have to shoot thru your window at an assailant when there’s no time to roll down the window and driving away is not an option. Results thru the window and in the target with no problem. I’d not hesitate to take a shot with the target anywhere from point blank to 10 feet. You will eat some glass and it will be loud but it can do the job. I’ve seen the same test done with hollow points and the bullets fragmented and hitting a target beyond the window was iffy at best. Thru door panel was like cardboard with bullets staying on target.
Steady shots were accurate as expected and quick 3-4 round bursts all stayed in the kill zone. I’m not changing to a 9mm but for a woman or recoil sensitive with the right ammo it will suffice. Underwood has a 10% discount for Veterans and like 8$ shipping.

Jester896

Senior Clown
::ke:after a very long time I stopped carrying my Ultra Raptor and started carrying various 9s. I even have a 1911 in 9mm :D

Dub

Cool. So what .45 you carrying?

9mm 5” 1911
9mm commander
9mm cco
Wilson Combat EDC X9 (9mm)
Beretta M92 9mm

5” .45acp 1911
Commander .45acp
cco .45acp

5” 10mm 1911 railed or unrailed

It just depends on whichever I’m feeling on a given day as to which gets carried.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I was gonna run a box thru my pair of Taurus G2C vehicle pistols, and swap out the ammo...

Way too danged hot outside. Maybe early in the morn...

dang! last I checked I wasn't a women...or recoil sensitive.
Hope you did not take offense. I know grown men that hunt deer with .243s and Turkeys with .410s. It is a brave new world we live in were anything is accepted. I’m just one of them dang ol country white boys that never consider anyone’s “feelings” ...ever. Good news is in 40 years we will be all gone, you just have to ignore our terrible manors and wait is out. ?

B. White

I picked up a Springfield Armory XD for the wife. My EDC is a Sig P320 in.45. The SA is a full size 4” barrel, I do not like a compact or anything shorter than 4”.

I ran across a new XDM compact 45 with the 3.8 barrel a couple of years ago cheaper than the local places were selling used ones for. My wife shoots it a good bit and is good with it. Replace the 9 rd mag with the 13 rd and I would consider it full size. Been a good little gun for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.