Did you shoot anything today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SC Hunter

I shot about a 100 pound sow with a .17 this afternoon while we were picking up clothes for a kid spending the night with us. One of my step sons friends rode home with us from a ball tournament and we stopped by their house. We rode in my truck and I keep that gun in there year round. As we pulled in the pig was standing under a corn feeder about 100 yards off. Little buddy said shoot it my daddy hates those things. ? no pictures as dad was pulling in behind us and we loaded her up to haul off. Little 17 grain v max is trouble.

Bobby Bigtime

Went to the range with a couple of my students today. We shot multiple firearms for three solid hours. It was a ton of fun. When the boys were shooting my Finnish m91, I told them it was dead on at every range no sight adjustment was necessary. They laughed and laughed until they shot that beauty and found the old man was telling the truth. Yes I know it sounds crazy and those boys were flabbergasted. One of the great mysteries.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Shot my .350s this morning, a BCA AR, and Axis Compact Youth...

Couldn't remember for the life of me if they were sighted or not...

They are, and were all along...

The price you pay for getting old, and having too many toys, I guess...

Reactions: Dub

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Also got out the Hawken this evening, and shot up about 5-6 oz. of 3f...

Report is in the MZ forum.

pacecars

Hope you did not take offense. I know grown men that hunt deer with .243s and Turkeys with .410s. It is a brave new world we live in were anything is accepted. I’m just one of them dang ol country white boys that never consider anyone’s “feelings” ...ever. Good news is in 40 years we will be all gone, you just have to ignore our terrible manors and wait is out. ?
my Turkey gun is a 28 gauge O/U, I shoot deer with everything from a .223 to a .45-110 and soon to be a .50-90, for most of my life I have carried a 10mm of some sort daily but have recently switched to a Wilson Combat EDC X9. I never cared for a 9mm until I got this gun. Lots of nice choices in 9mm ammo. I would still like to try a .50 GI though

georgia_home

More skeet yesterday. Found my ou shoots a little high left on the pattern board.

ChidJ

Shot with this sweet little wheel gun today. S&W 329PD. Been carrying this most of the time this year. Only run one cylinder at a time though and have shot maybe 200 rounds (all full house 44 mag) through it this year. Too much hand punishment. The steel target is what I shot. I’ve had this particular target for about 10 years now; since I was a wee private in the army. Dragged it out to the desert many times. Lots of fun memories made all the way across the country and back again.AC3A6B81-7042-47D1-85BA-BA2E9F544D4B.jpeg7F64E567-7F04-453F-A998-DB87F471BA5D.jpegThat revolver weighs about the same as my Glock 29 without a magazine in it

Dub

Shot with this sweet little wheel gun today. S&W 329PD. Been carrying this most of the time this year. Only run one cylinder at a time though and have shot maybe 200 rounds (all full house 44 mag) through it this year. Too much hand punishment. The steel target is what I shot. I’ve had this particular target for about 10 years now; since I was a wee private in the army. Dragged it out to the desert many times. Lots of fun memories made all the way across the country and back again.View attachment 1036958View attachment 1036959That revolver weighs about the same as my Glock 29 without a magazine in it

Nothing but love for the .44RemMag from me. Such a sweet round for all sorts of shooting....hunting, plinkstering & even social work.

That being said, full house loads in that thang would be like shaking hands with a devil. :rofl:

I’ll bet it carries much better than my smallest.44, though. You’ve got the right grips on her. I like those sights, too. The trigger is known greatness.

Fun gun.

georgia_home

Funny what you learn about people.

Went shooting the last two weekends. My shooting buddy and I.

There’s an older guy there. Looks to be maybe 80ish. My shooting partner is 72. Ima young spry Mid 50.

Any, we’ve see each other for years, on the skeet field exchange pleasantries and stuff. Talk shooting, politics, stuff.

The things you learn. Buddy is viet nam marine get, ex aerospace guy. The older guy, bolegged like crazy is ex mil and use to work at the nuke test sites out west. Anyway....

Shot 4 rounds of skeet last week and 2 this week. 100’ by 10am and still beautiful!

Just be sure to be in the car by 10!

Didn’t shoot too well. But it was fun!

ChidJ

Nothing but love for the .44RemMag from me. Such a sweet round for all sorts of shooting....hunting, plinkstering & even social work.

That being said, full house loads in that thang would be like shaking hands with a devil. :rofl:

I’ll bet it carries much better than my smallest.44, though. You’ve got the right grips on her. I like those sights, too. The trigger is known greatness.

Fun gun.

The wood grips it came with... not sure why. They look nice but the exposed frame in the rear punishes the webbing of the hand. The larger grips that wrap around the back are much better.

The recoil is a bit overstated online, though. Just a tad harsher than the short barrel 460 mag. Still waiting to get my hands on a 360PD to see which is worse

Nimrod71

Yes. Went to Bullard Creek range and shot rifles with four friends this morning. I haven't shot my 700 - 308 Sniper in over two years. I was surprised I was shooting against two 6.5 CM and 6 mm CM and two 223, I had two three shot groups at one inch. My friends targets looked better but they were shooting smaller rifles.

frankwright

I took my AR .223 to the range today. I am going to shoot an indoor carbine match and had not shot the .223 in quite a while. I have been shooting the AR9 9mm a lot lately!
USPSA had left all their stages set up from last week till this week's 3 gun match. You can shoot in the bay as long as you don't move or damage any walls or props.
I shot all kinds of different targets from close in to a little farther. I had to get my holdover straight in my head so I could hit targets from 7 to 25 yards too.
Nice cool morning with a little breeze.

heggy

My best stage of the day at the Light Rifle match. Shot an 87 after missing the sighting target with my first shot. Thank goodness for the alibi!
No need to show the other 5 stages. They were not as nice.
best_stage.jpg

Nimrod71

Trying to get my grove back. I have not been shooting much the past few years because of prices and shortages of reloading components. Well I have started back by putting a Magpul stock on my heavy 6. The original stock was a laminated wood that just didn't feel right, to slick. I held a Bergara with a Magpul a while back and I liked the way it fit. I had put a Vortex HST 6 - 24 on it last year but I just couldn't get it to group which I blamed on the slick stock. Well I carried the 6 out yesterday and put some rounds down the 100 yard range. I was impressed with how much better the rifle handled and it showed on the target as well. Three shots in small clover leaf and 5 you could cover with a quarter. I pulled two shots off, or that's my story. I also fired up my M24 an burned up a few rounds with it. I haven't shot this rifle in years, it still shoots great, it shoots better than I can hold it. Now I am off to the loading bench for an afternoon of work.

bullgator

Shot with this sweet little wheel gun today. S&W 329PD. Been carrying this most of the time this year. Only run one cylinder at a time though and have shot maybe 200 rounds (all full house 44 mag) through it this year. Too much hand punishment. The steel target is what I shot. I’ve had this particular target for about 10 years now; since I was a wee private in the army. Dragged it out to the desert many times. Lots of fun memories made all the way across the country and back again.View attachment 1036958View attachment 1036959That revolver weighs about the same as my Glock 29 without a magazine in it
That with a stout 44 Special load would be sweet.

bullgator

I’ve never had success getting accuracy with Barnes bullets. I decided to try one more time. This is the .284 120gr. TTSX in my 7mm-08 Remington LVSF.

Rl15 on left at about .480 and CFE 223 at .380 for 3 shots.68B871EA-B3DD-4531-8495-7C00FE00F3D0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.