Its a Tikka CTR 24" 6.5 Creedmoor
Timney 2-stage trigger
Manners T6A stock
Curly maple LOP spacer
Nightforce 3.5-15 F1 in Hawkins Precision rings
Atlas Bipod
SiCo Omega can up front.

frankwright

Yep, USPSA match at South River Gun Club.
I shot my G19 to practice for two upcoming IDPA matches.
Lot of fun, lot of hustling for a fat old man too!

Nimrod71

Tried out my new Glock 20 this afternoon. Went out in the back yard and got started breaking it in. I load 5 rounds just to get the feel of it. Don't want to waste ammo now. I set my target at 30 feet. I fried the first round and I was surprised it didn't kick as bad as I expected. The last pistol I shot was my 44 Thompson. The recoil is more than manageable. From what I have read the bought ammo is load just a little bit hotter than regular 40 S. W. I can tell you I will be loading these hotter. After firing the other four rounds I checked the target and again I was surprised, yes I hit the target. No it was not a perfect clover leaf, I had all five on the note book paper, one dead center and the other four in about a 3 inch circle. I don't think that's to bad for the first time out. I will get better.

Nimrod71

I went to the gun club this morning to try out the triggers I changed last week. I changed the triggers on my 6 mm Rem Varmint rifle and on 700 Rem 22-250 and loaded up some 100 gr. Sierra's for my Ruger 243 rain rifle.

The 6 mm only took 3 shots to get it back on target and 3 more shots to get in one hole you can cover with a dime. It's O K.

The 22-250 has been a problem for a while now. I changed the trigger trying to improve its score. Three shots at 100 yards and not a hole in the paper. Before I took it apart it was shooting a good clover leaf three shot group at a 100. Checking the target it appeared it was shooting about 8 inches to the right. I reset the score for 8 inches to the left. Fired again, still not on the paper. Walked to the target and checked for holes. What I thought were 22 holes were not, moved scope back and put up new target. Fired three more rounds this thing is not working. I have had doubts about this scope for a while. The rifle use to shoot like a laser but the past times I had it out it would not shoot good at all sometimes 3 to 4 inch spread. I put it back in the truck and try it a home.

Now for the 243. This is my rain hunting rifle and I have it sited in for 100 yds. with 100 gr. Hornady. I changed to Sierra's for this round and I wanted to see the difference. There was a surprising difference, the Sierra's hit about 2 inches higher than the Hornady. I use the same powder and primers. Just something to remember when buying ammo, always get what your rifle is sited with. Reset scope and fired three rounds. All three in the quarter size target. Great.

Results of the day: Rem. 6 mm On Target, Rem. 22-250 Work In Progress, Ruger 243 On Target. Another good day at the range.

Reactions: Dub

Stevie Ray

Made a trip to the range to make sure a couple of .270s and a 45-70 were still tracking true, both .270s (Ruger M77 & a Winchester M70) indeed were right on the button and the Marlin 1895 was still hitting 3" high at 50 yards.

I'm good.

Nimrod71

Dub I didn't change anything else, but I expected a little change and the 6 mm was O.K. didn't have to shot but 6 times to get it back in zero. Now the 22-250 is a different story. When I got home I set up a target at 25 yds. and the first shot was about 3 inches to the left. I adjusted the scope and fired 3 more rounds and got on target. I let it cool down and tried it again and fired 3 more rounds and it hit about the same. I moved it out to 100 yds. and it was off to the left about and inch so I moved it over and I fired 3 more rounds. It will do for now, but I will work more on it next week.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Went to range to check zero on my win model 70 270. Dead on.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Rigged up a little Savage MK2 accu trigger Heavy barrel .22 with a 3x9 Bushnell, and a spare AR flash hider. Add one Harris Bi-pod and a squeeze bag, and The Kid has "a cool sniper rifle"!!!

Sighted it dead on at 100, and let him have at it, shooting corn cobs, and snuff cans.

He even hit a can sitting flat...

chuckdog

Took my "old ugly" hardwood stocked pre accu-trigger Savage 30-06 by the range to confirm zero Monday.

2.5" high @ 100 yds using Reloader 22 behind a 165gr Speer boat tail. This is exactly where it is expected to be.

I don't recall the last time I fired the rifle, but it obviously does!

I get a lot of pleasure watching these older utility grade rifles do their thing.

SC Hunter

Took my "old ugly" hardwood stocked pre accu-trigger Savage 30-06 by the range to confirm zero Monday.

2.5" high @ 100 yds using Reloader 22 behind a 165gr Speer boat tail. This is exactly where it is expected to be.

I don't recall the last time I fired the rifle, but it obviously does!

I get a lot of pleasure watching these older utility grade rifles do their thing.
I love an older wood stocked deer rifle that has scratches and dings in the wood. It shows character. I like new guns but I really like a well cared for used gun.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Gave myself five rounds with the G40 MOS. Range was about 35 yards. Target was my railroad tie plate gong.

Tried firing off of my Primos Shooting Stick while standing, and scored either four or five good hits on target.

Wasn't sure about the last round. I either missed entirely, or put it in among the rest of em..

The 10mm knocks too much paint off the gong to tell for sure..:LOL:

ChidJ

Went over to my neighbors newly setup pistol area and took some inaugural shots with my #54 of 400 Colt Match 10. It’s gonna be a super sweet little pistol area once we get it set up. Also good to get some lowlight pistol work in.B2D4EBE6-6980-4DAD-8F0A-80A260BDFCC0.png

Jester896

Senior Clown
I did go to the Skeet Club to do some work Wednesday...I smelt gunpowder burning...I don't think it counted though....I did want to go home and get a shotgun

I did run a little over 100 rounds through my new 43X last weekend

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Sight checked my CZ527 Carbine in 7.62x39...Wolf 154 gr soft points.

It's next up for the deer woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.