Did you shoot anything today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChidJ

Well I didn’t shoot anything but I was prepared to! I took a couple of fathers and sons on their first hunting trip today and took the opportunity to bring out this oldie but goodie. I don’t think I’ve ever carried it in the woods before65EB498D-E33E-4562-8AFA-160CB85721D2.jpeg

nmurph

I shot my new-to-me Marlin 25MN. 14rds off-hand at 25yds into a 2 inch circle. I wouldn't win any Olympic medals but I was happy enough for the first time out with it. I want to out it on the bench to see how well it shoots.

chuckdog

Seven years and seven months after I last shot it, I took my FN manufactured Model 70 Featherweight chambered in 7X57 out to the range yesterday (Tuesday.)

I bought the rifle new in April of 2013. I had fired eight rounds through it right after I received it. At that time I loaded 140 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips with as of now unknown powder. My box labeling was damaged.

I took that same Remington brass neck sized it, seated eight vintageVintage 139.jpg 139gr Hornady Spire Point atop 50grs of RL19 @ 3.115" OAL to see what I would find.

The the load was arbitrarily chosen. Never tried this combo before. My guess would be close to 2800 fps at the muzzle.

From a cold clean barrel at 100yds the first two are 4" low and under an inch ctr to ctr. Easy extraction and nice round edged Winchester primers.

I moved the elevation up 28 clicks, then back down 4 and fired a third shot. It came in at 2" above POA, exactly where it should have.

I was running out of light so I stopped for the day.

This combination shows promise. I'm pleased!

Yep, that's $5.18 for 100 139gr bullets and a 1941 Mercury Dime in the pic.

FeatherWeight.jpg

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Shot the 22 mag yesterday!
New cheap scope. A Hawke 3x9 !
It zeroed quick. Set it a tad high at 40ty yards. Looked dead on at about 80 yds.
Guess the varmit gun is ready.
The rifle is a cheap marlin. Stainless. Bolt action.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Function checked the Glock 44 with a pair of 18 rounders from ProMag...

They work fine, but they are a little ticky, and aggravating to load. PM shoulda made the slider tabs bigger, like Glock did.

18 Stingers would surely get more attention than 10, so the ProMags get a (y)

Reactions: Dub

Nimrod71

Just got back for range and I feel a lot better. I have just about got my 6mm Rem back in spec. again. I think I just need to adjust seating depth. I have changed bullet weight from Sierra 85 gr. HPBT to Sierra 70 gr. Match King. Yesterday I took the rifle apart and checked all the screw tork and leveled up the action and scope. The first two shots were 4 inches to the left and 2 inches high. After adjusting the scope I fired 5 shots. Three of the shots made one hole and the other two ever left and right of the three. All five could be covered with a quarter. The three together were under a dime.

snooker1

I changed the zero on my 308 hunting rifle today. I zeroed it at 1 inch exactly above bullseye. Then I backed it up to 250 yards and shot. I was shooting 168 grn Barnes VOR-TX factory ammo. Very pleased with the results.

Attachments

• 308.jpg
    308.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 3

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I shot 4 hogs. No pics.
Gave 3 away. Having sausage made out of one.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Put a Sightmark Minishot on my Ruger MKII...

IMG_20201207_161645013.jpg

Took me 10 minutes to hit a corn cob 3 outta 5 kneeling at 25...

cmshoot

Qualified at work, with the issued SIG P229 .357SIG. Probably the last time I’ll qual with it, as we’re going to Glocks the first part of the new year.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Fired 30 rounds with the MKII-RMR today.

Covered the last 10 with a snuff can, for about a 25% improvement over yesterday.

Good time to quit...

Status
Not open for further replies.