Did you shoot anything today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckdog

Yesterday I installed a reduced power mainspring and the smaller grips on the Taurus 605 Poly 357 mag.

The reduced power hammer spring makes a world of difference in the D/A trigger pull. It's well worth the investment. Reliability is unchanged, pops a cap with authority!

Speaking of authority, changing to the much shorter grip makes a world of difference too. You know that you're squeezing off a 158gr W296 powered magnum with them installed.

I can't get over how much I like this revolver. A few years back I likely wouldn't have given one a second look.

T357 Short Grip.jpg

rosewood

Yesterday I installed a reduced power mainspring and the smaller grips on the Taurus 605 Poly 357 mag.

The reduced power hammer spring makes a world of difference in the D/A trigger pull. It's well worth the investment. Reliability is unchanged, pops a cap with authority!

Speaking of authority, changing to the much shorter grip makes a world of difference too. You know that you're squeezing off a 158gr W296 powered magnum with them installed.

I can't get over how much I like this revolver. A few years back I likely wouldn't have given one a second look.

View attachment 1094561
I have those kits on all of my taurus revolvers save the 22mag.

chuckdog

Recently installed a couple of TandemKross goodies in/on the S&W Victory 22. Finally got it outside for test firing. I put a box of S K Rifle Match through it with excellent results.

SW Victory Accessorized view.jpg

If you own one of the Victory 22's you likely know it's not easy to open the slide with the hammer down. The Halo loop does nothing for the looks of the weapon, but it makes a huge difference in ease of operation.

The factory trigger has over travel adjustment, but no means of removing the creep. The TK trigger adds the ability to remove almost all creep. I left a bit of pre-travel for reliability. Adjust it too close and the disconnect may not fully disengage. The pistol has an entirely different feel with the flat TK trigger. It does change the grip to trigger face distance. While I like the new feel, others may not like the added distance.

While inside I was also able to remove the dastardly magazine disconnect with no ill effect!

I feel like the trigger upgrade is an excellent value, worth every dime. The Halo ring is a great and needed addition for my less than fully functioning hands, but at close to $50 a bit over priced.

The pistol is much easier to operate. Staying on target is much easier with minimum trigger travel and no more magazine disconnect. Bottom line, the pistol shoots better and is easier to operate!

Dub

Recently installed a couple of TandemKross goodies in/on the S&W Victory 22. Finally got it outside for test firing. I put a box of S K Rifle Match through it with excellent results.

View attachment 1094778

If you own one of the Victory 22's you likely know it's not easy to open the slide with the hammer down. The Halo loop does nothing for the looks of the weapon, but it makes a huge difference in ease of operation.

The factory trigger has over travel adjustment, but no means of removing the creep. The TK trigger adds the ability to remove almost all creep. I left a bit of pre-travel for reliability. Adjust it too close and the disconnect may not fully disengage. The pistol has an entirely different feel with the flat TK trigger. It does change the grip to trigger face distance. While I like the new feel, others may not like the added distance.

While inside I was also able to remove the dastardly magazine disconnect with no ill effect!

I feel like the trigger upgrade is an excellent value, worth every dime. The Halo ring is a great and needed addition for my less than fully functioning hands, but at close to $50 a bit over priced.

The pistol is much easier to operate. Staying on target is much easier with minimum trigger travel and no more magazine disconnect. Bottom line, the pistol shoots better and is easier to operate!

The finish on that gun is super.

Looks like something Ed Brown would do on their stainless pistolas.

rosewood

rosewood

Kowtown

I don't want to make it out of .44Mag since my supply is limited and want to use 185-200 gr boolits...something else I don't have. I have dies.
@Jester896
I can hook you up with about 100 44sp used brass and I have about 50 200 grain Speer HPs. Also have a couple of boxes of Remington lead round nose loaded ammo.

I have quite a bit of 44 lead bullets in 240grn. I even have 400+ lead swc that I need to put on the scale.

Last edited:

Baroque Brass

Was working at the range yesterday and a young man had a brand new Bergara .300 PRC with a Vortex Venom 8x25x55 scope. Sweet setup, he offered for me to shoot it, which I did. Super nice trigger, it broke before I was expecting it to but still hit a 4” plate dead center at 100 yards. It’s pushing a 225 grain bullet at almost 3000 FPS. That’s a lot of energy. Extremely good ballistics on the round, he plans to shoot long range competition.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Quick pitstop at range this morning With the 2011.

122 rounds. Mixed between 115gr & 124gr.

Zero feed or function problems.

Singles, doubles & Mozambique drill.

The duty-rated heavy trigger pull will take some getting used to. Will likely swap out with a longer flat trigger.

Err’ythang went left.

Gotta do a pile of work on the shooter…that’s the true limiting factor.

5F5B2E65-CDC4-4E88-BB58-5726CCAE763E.jpeg

23CDD37C-0F1E-4925-B310-7207C70824A9.jpeg

6E5C4C11-DEF9-4EA2-99E1-F23ABB20F16E.jpeg

rosewood

Quick pitstop at range this morning With the 2011.

122 rounds. Mixed between 115gr & 124gr.

Zero feed or function problems.

Singles, doubles & Mozambique drill.

The duty-rated heavy trigger pull will take some getting used to. Will likely swap out with a longer flat trigger.

Err’ythang went left.

Gotta do a pile of work on the shooter…that’s the true limiting factor.

View attachment 1095514

View attachment 1095516

View attachment 1095515
Was just noticing all of the battle scars on that range. Pretty sad how bad some folks are. Down right scary. NOT talking about Dub though. He is hitting the perp where it hurts.

Rosewood

Dub

Was just noticing all of the battle scars on that range. Pretty sad how bad some folks are. Down right scary. NOT talking about Dub though. He is hitting the perp where it hurts.

Rosewood

I have wondered that same thing about the errant rounds.

Place has been around forever.

Makes me wonder if the place also had a three-drink minimum before range admittance. Also wondering if they rented full auto stuff ?

I really like their staff and RSO’s are good dudes.

Not sure about how it was many years back.

ChidJ

Went out and worked on some positional shooting on the clock this morning. 27 rounds of 300WM sent in total. Trying to get ready for a match next weekend. Sorry but didn't take any fun pictures today. Was in a rush. Had the kids in the truck honking at me haha

Baroque Brass

Rosewood
The range where I work has flags at the end of the rifle range. There are bullet holes in the flag poles. We see people that really can’t shoot and know little about their guns. That will increase as we approach deer season. They know nothing about scopes and MOA, as long as they’re in the black at 100 yards they’re happy.

SC Hunter

The range where I work has flags at the end of the rifle range. There are bullet holes in the flag poles. We see people that really can’t shoot and know little about their guns. That will increase as we approach deer season. They know nothing about scopes and MOA, as long as they’re in the black at 100 yards they’re happy.
I had a guy that I worked with that as long as he could hit the beer box at 50 yards he was happy. He missed deer regularly haha

Status
Not open for further replies.