Did you shoot anything today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deerslayer357

Had a little range time with the new browning x bolt bells canyon 300 win mag- shot 2 1” groups at 100 with the only available ammo I could find. Mostly plinking and emptying brass to start load work up. Tumbled the brass and planning on loading a ladder tonight/tomorrow

bullgator

Checked my 2 6.5x55 rifles and and my 7-08 at the range today. All good for next week at my cousins in Jefferson. I also have a January hunt at some place in Alabama my buddy booked.

deerslayer357

Shot the 300 win mag ladder with 165 TTSX’s- looks like 70.5 grains is going to be the winner. Now to load some more and chronograph them

SC Hunter

I got around to shooting my new to me bergara the other day. I had the same rifle in 308 a while back but sold it for more than I paid for it and because I was wanting a manbun rifle. I ended up trading a 30-06 I hadn't shot in years for this Bergara Ridge in 6.5 needmoor.

100 yards via rangefinder off of sand bags 3 shots 129 grain SST that was witnessed by 2 other people. I've shot custom guns that I didn't shoot as well. Trigger on this rifle is excellent and it could quickly become my favorite. I shot that 3 shot group and adjusted it and shot at another dot ? I was proud of myself and didn't want to mess it up. I know others can do it with any rifle but I was very happy with it. @Jester896 those SST came from Shiloh Road.

Attachments

• IMG_20211121_090813694.jpg
    IMG_20211121_090813694.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 20

tcward

I got around to shooting my new to me bergara the other day. I had the same rifle in 308 a while back but sold it for more than I paid for it and because I was wanting a manbun rifle. I ended up trading a 30-06 I hadn't shot in years for this Bergara Ridge in 6.5 needmoor.

100 yards via rangefinder off of sand bags 3 shots 129 grain SST that was witnessed by 2 other people. I've shot custom guns that I didn't shoot as well. Trigger on this rifle is excellent and it could quickly become my favorite. I shot that 3 shot group and adjusted it and shot at another dot ? I was proud of myself and didn't want to mess it up. I know others can do it with any rifle but I was very happy with it. @Jester896 those SST came from Shiloh Road.
Love a good cloverleaf!!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.

VERY nice ?!!

Jester896

Senior Clown
@Jester896 those SST came from Shiloh Road.

I know you will be glad when those groups tighten up:cool:
He and I have loaded a bunch of them manbun things recently
I think that is the best one out of the box I've seen...and the others aren't far behind it.
Nice shootin!

looks like that is a good load for that rifle...got an even black line all the way around the bullet hole...they are going straight in.

SC Hunter

I know you will be glad when those groups tighten up:cool:
He and I have loaded a bunch of them manbun things recently
I think that is the best one out of the box I've seen...and the others aren't far behind it.
Nice shootin!

looks like that is a good load for that rifle...got an even black line all the way around the bullet hole...they are going straight in.
I'm going to get some more of them from him for sure. I was more than impressed with it for sure. I don't think I've ever shot a deer with an SST before but we are going to try it and see how it does.

killerv

Finally got the PC9 out, too much fun. I just wish 9mm was back at old prices. I made myself only take one box out with me so I wouldnt shoot too much up.

0Tcz9xo.jpg

Dub

Excellent !!!!

You are off to a great start with that one.

Very encouraging.

Finally got the PC9 out, too much fun. I just wish 9mm was back at old prices. I made myself only take one box out with me so I wouldnt shoot too much up.

0Tcz9xo.jpg

Those pistol cartridge carbines are super-fun. Slap a red dot on one and let it ride.

Top off a number of the Glock 33rd sticks and enjoy the trigger time.

killerv

Excellent !!!!

You are off to a great start with that one.

Very encouraging.

Those pistol cartridge carbines are super-fun. Slap a red dot on one and let it ride.

Top off a number of the Glock 33rd sticks and enjoy the trigger time.

I cant decide if I want a dot on it or not, thinking about keeping it simple. It throws up well like a nice fitted shotgun and both my son and I were poppin cans at 25 yards no problem.

Reactions: Dub

Skeeter XRi

I did (yesterday actually), and I'm happy to report this thing finally started shooting something resembling groups. It was an old barn gun in pretty bad shape that got a facelift but prior to yesterday wouldn't shoot into 6" at 25 yards. After a serious bore scrubbing it's down to about an inch with cheap bulk ammo, serious glare in the scope at the home "range", and a horrible trigger. A little more time experimenting and it might be skwerl worthy.

Whoohoo!!! I hate a rifle that won't shoot.

jimRem 550.jpg

rosewood

Shot my first loads in my "new to me" 9x25 Clark barrel in my P16-40. Using Longshot powder and 125 HAP bullets, got 3 shot groups at 10 yards off bags touching. Hit about 1670 FPS to boot. And I have seen flatter primers in my 10mm loads. Found my go to load with 2 loads on first range trip. Gotta work up some loads with the 68 grain Lehigh bullets soon and see how fast they will go. I am thinking around 2200 FPS, but there is no published data for it.

I did find that I had too much head space. I didn't have any split brass yet. I had adjusted my die to be right at the hood of the barrel, but the fired brass tells me I was dang near .025 too much headspace. Backed my die out and will push the shoulder back less on my next round of testing.

Tried out some more 308 gr WFNGC I cast myself in my new CVA scout 44mag. Groups around 1" at 50 yards, may be able to improve, but may leave it there for white tails. Hitting about 1550 FPS at the muzzle. No pressure signs at all, could probably add another grain or 2 of H110 and still be safe. Recoil isn't near as bad as I thought it would, not bad at all. May try more powder later next summer to see if I can tighten the groups.

Some ranges trips suck, this one left me smiling.

Rosewood

Status
Not open for further replies.