Differences between gun and bow hunting

Taylor Co.

I did not intend to...

hijack your thread. I am sorry! I too enjoy bowhunting more and this yearwill be the first time that I will not pick up the gun, unless I purchase a pistol anyway...the thrill with a scoped modern firearm for me is not alive. That is why that I have chosen to bow only this year.

Taylor Co.

This guy can not be serious!!!

THunter said:
Gun hunting is for men. Bow hunting is for girls. Bowhunting is for those who enjoy purposely handicapping themselves and setting themselves up for failure--both dangerous tendencies in my opinion. I believe if you would have given an Indian a choice, they would have chose a rifle. The entire purpose of deer hunting is to kill a deer. The weapon which does that quickly and at the maximum range is the preferred weapon. If your intent is to enjoy the woods, not necessarily kill a deer, then use a camera. The challenge of deer hunting is not to get a deer as close as possible then use an inferior weapon to kill it. The challenge is to figure out a deer's weakness, then use that weakness against it, and then kill it as quickly and efficiently as possible.

THunter
Unbelievable!

Razorback

Can we all agree we are hunters and our methods of killing/harvesting a deer do not matter as long as its legal and as quick & clean kill as possible.

Randy had posted in another thread that basicly stated united we stand divided we fall.

If we are divided by the method we hunt; traditional bow, compound bow, crossbow, flint lock, cap & ball, inline muzzle loaders, hand gun, long gun or spear for that matter we will fall. So we all hunt and we are hunters, some just choose a different method.

Me I'm going for any deer by compond bow (have not taken a deer by bow yet) and a big buck w/ either my .44 lever gun or 7mm08 bolt gun.

Good Luck everybody,

Razor

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
ok, dog gone it!!..........

enough on this.....quite postin'!! :rofl: :cheers: ......(half of it's yours, Razorback).lol :D :flag:

Mr. Hunter is talking out his rear end.You can give a child a rifle and tell him to put the cross hairs on a target and pull the trigger.It takes a real marksman to take a mature whitetail with a bow.A good shot with a bow is just as deadly as a good shot with a gun.There are hundreds,or thousands of deer lost to gun shots every year. The point is if you do what your supposed to, and make a good ethical shot the results are the same.If Mr. Hunter would like some lessons on how to kill a big buck with a bow,I could save him thousands of dollars, and hundreds of miles he spends each year to go out west to kill a deer. :whip:

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
C'mon guys. Man, can anybody take a joke. I don't think Thunter was being serious. He's just joking and probably seeing who's gullable and who isn't!!!

A pair of silk panties are nice during bowseason. Keeps me nice and cool down there!!!! ;) :rofl:

Tommy

broadhead

coon dawg said:
enough on this.....quite postin'!! :rofl: :cheers: ......(half of it's yours, Razorback).lol :D :flag:
ok coon dawg #58
#65 is just around the corner.
Looks like your faith in humanity is gonna ring true! :banana: :D

Tommy,
You're right. Things do have a way of being taken too seriously some times.
B-head

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

broadhead said:
ok coon dawg #58
#65 is just around the corner.
Looks like your faith in humanity is gonna ring true! :banana: :D

Tommy,
You're right. Things do have a way of being taken too seriously some times.
B-head
dang!!!!!..........guess I should have voted #75!!! :( :D :D

Latest posts