Different Gospels

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
PAUL AND PETER

How different concerning the Divine program of Acts 3:19 to 24. “Spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.” Acts 3:21, It is a great blunder to confuse the kingdom program of Peter with the Joint “Body” in Paul’s messages.

Now another comparison of Paul’s statement with Peter’s.

“For this cause I PAUL, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given me to you-ward: How that by revelation He made known unto me the mystery; (as I said afore in few words, Whereby when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto His holy prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the same Body, and partakers of His promise in Christ by the gospel: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of His power. Unto me who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the dispensation of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, Who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in the heavenlies might be known by the Church the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which He purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord.”Ephesians 3:1 to 11​

“And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me: Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles to take out of them a people for His name. And to this agree the words of the prophets as it is written, After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon Whom My name is called, saith the Lord, Who doeth all these things. Known unto God are all His works from the beginning of the world.”Acts 15:13 to 18​

“And when James, Peter and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision. Only they would that we should remember the poor, the same which I also was forward to do. But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come; he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.”Galatians 2:9 to 12​

After you have read of Peter’s conduct in Galatians 2:9 to 12 answer whether or not you think the Lord gave to Peter the gospel of the grace of God for Gentiles!

In Ephesians 3:1 to 11 and Colossians 1:24 to 26 we find “the Mystery”, which Christ revealed to Paul centuries after it had been hidden from Israel’s prophets. Before the risen Lord revealed “the Mystery” to Paul, Peter was as ignorant of that Divine truth as were Israel’s Old Testament prophets. What Amos foretold in Amos 9:11 to 15, (Acts 15:13 to 17) had not one thing to do with “the Church of the Mystery.” Amos was wholly ignorant and silent concerning the truth of Ephesians 3:1 to 11. Note Ephesians 3:11, “God’s eternal purpose in Christ.” This eternal purpose of God was altogether different from Israel’s kingdom and kingdom salvation promised the Gentiles. Because there is no hint or trace of “the Mystery” or the Joint-Body of Ephesians 3:6, in any former inspired writings, the Apostle Paul calls this particular truth “the Unsearchable Riches for Gentiles.”

“Unsearchable”
means “untraceable” or “unprophesied.” So once again we see that Israel’s kingdom program was prophesied; but that God’s “grace” dispensation and “Body” program was not prophesied. Therefore the visitation of Gentiles mentioned in Acts 15:13 to 17, was different from Ephesians 3:5, 6.

In declaring the program of Acts 15:13 to 18, James and Peter affirm “and to this agree the words of the prophets.” This has special reference to Amos 9:11 to 15. When the Holy Spirit moved upon Amos to write the prophecy of chapter nine He did not have in mind one thought concerning the Joint-Body, but the kingdom of heaven, which Peter and his fellow apostles proclaimed. Do not forget Galatians 2:7 and the fact that Christ committed this “circumcision” gospel to Peter after His resurrection.

We learn, in Acts 2:14 to 17, that the Holy Spirit came in fulfillment of Joel’s prophecy concerning Israel’s last days or “kingdom” days. In Acts 2:27 to 33, we learn that Christ was raised from the dead to take David’s throne in fulfillment of King David’s prophecy. We learn of the prophesied Kingdom days in Acts 3:19 to 21. We learned in Acts 5:29 to 32 that God raised Christ from the dead to be Prince and Saviour, to give repentance to Israel. We learned that Peter preached to Cornelius and his household concerning Jesus of Nazareth, the Word sent unto the children of Israel; that Cornelius loved Israel, and was seeking the Kingdom of God.

We learned that the Lord Jesus gave to Peter the gospel of the circumcision. Note what Peter preached to Cornelius “But in every nation he that feareth Him, and worketh righteousness is accepted with Him.” Compare and contrast Romans 4:4 and 5: “Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to Him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.”

Then we learned that after Peter preached to Cornelius the twelve apostles were reduced to eleven apostles by the death of James. Then any record of the acts of the Eleven in the Book of Acts ceases, except as they have dealings with Paul. In conference with him they agreed to go to the Jews. Galatians 2:9.

GOD CHANGED HIS PROGRAM

In the first nine chapters of Acts we find the residue of Israelites fulfilling Amos 9:12, by seeking after the Lord. In those chapters we find no message addressed to Gentiles. Then it is admitted by most Christians that Peter used the key of the kingdom to let in Cornelius the Gentile. Those Gentiles were seeking the Lord in fulfillment of Amos 9:12. In the ministry of reconciliation after Israel was set aside God sought the Gentiles.

After the number of the apostles ceased to be “twelve” God began a new Divine movement and the Israelitish Kingdom of Heaven was postponed. So in the first ten chapters of Acts we have a suggestion of what God’s Divine program will be when the Lord comes to be King on David’s throne.

It has been thought by some men of God that Cornelius and the centurion of Luke 7:1 to 8, were one and the same. No one can prove this, but note Luke 7:4 and 5:

“That he was worthy for whom He should do this: For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.”​

Now note Acts 10:22: “And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nations of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into this house, and to hear words of thee.”

Whether or not they were different or one and the same we learn in the study of the Four Gospels and the Book of Acts this interesting fact: so far as there is any record in the Scriptures, the Roman centurion of Luke 7 and Matthew 8 is the only Gentile man to whom Christ on earth gave a kingdom blessing. Remember our words, “so far as the record is concerned.”

So far as the record in Acts is concerned the household of Cornelius is the only company of Gentiles to whom any of the twelve preached. After that the Jerusalem pillars agreed to go to Jews. Galatians 2:9.

Then the first Gentile to whom Paul preached, according to the “Acts” record, was a Roman official by the name of “Paulus” (Acts 13:6 to 14) and Saul then became “Paulus” or “Paul.” Because of the blindness of an unbelieving Jew, Paulus believed and was saved. Then Paul was sent to preach salvation to the Gentiles to provoke Israel to jealousy. Peter never preached salvation to Gentiles to provoke Israel to jealousy.

The Lord Jesus gave the so-called “great commission” of Matthew 28:19 to 20, to the Twelve. They were given the gospel of the circumcision. They agreed to go to Israel. So we ask what this commission had to do with the Truth of Romans 11:15 and II Corinthians 5:18? A new commission was given when God sent blindness upon Israel. May the Holy Spirit anoint our eyes to know the difference between Peter’s message of “repentance and restitution” before God’s judgment fell upon Israel and Paul’s “reconciliation” message after the truth of Romans 11:15.

“FOR IF THE CASTING AWAY OF THEM BE THE RECONCILING OF THE WORLD, WHAT SHALL THE RECEIVING OF THEM BE BUT LIFE FROM THE DEAD?” Romans 11:15.​

“AND ALL THINGS ARE OF GOD, WHO HATH RECONCILED US TO HIMSELF BY JESUS CHRIST, AND HATH GIVEN TO US THE MINISTRY OF RECONCILIATION.” II Corinthians 5:18.​

It is ridiculous, in the light of Galatians 1:11 to 17, Galatians 2:1 to 15, Romans 11:11 to 30 and Ephesians 3:1 to 11, to teach that Paul perpetuated the ministry, message, and program which Christ committed to the Twelve.

Pastor J.C. O'Hair

Israel

BANNED
To make a whole case of Peter's acting somewhat hypocritically as speaking against his revelation of the gospel of grace...is any man's to make.

Provided that man has never been caught/found/revealed as "knowing better" but succumbing to certain peer pressures himself. Also, the only way one can rightly be accused of being hypocritical is to be caught practicing against what one preaches.

This no less begs the question of what is preached to a "natural" Jew today? Are any (or all) of Paul's revelation sort of off limits? Kinda stick to only the red words? I have no problem being ridiculous

It is ridiculous, in the light of Galatians 1:11 to 17, Galatians 2:1 to 15, Romans 11:11 to 30 and Ephesians 3:1 to 11, to teach that Paul perpetuated the ministry, message, and program which Christ committed to the Twelve.

and am quite satisfied the "red" words of the Lord will save any (either Jew or Gentile) to such sufficiency as he need come not behind any other in understanding of the Lord Jesus Christ.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" 2 Timothy 3:16,17

Man put the red in the word. All of the word is the word of God and it has to be rightly divided.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

Israel

BANNED
So much has been laid to this scripture as though Paul were appealing to Timothy to form a separation when it means this:

3718. orthotomeó
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
rightly divide.
From a compound of orthos and the base of tomoteros, to make a straight cut, i.e. (figuratively) to dissect (expound) correctly (the divine message) -- rightly divide.

Far from meaning to separate into what is concluded to be the ministry of Jesus Christ and other "more up to date" stuff (as purportedly ministered only to Paul and through Paul) it is all and only about right exposition of the message, rightly handling the scriptures without any duplicity, craftiness, or purpose of seeking to gain advantage for oneself over others. And if one wants to take it to the extreme of context..."the scriptures" there mentioned, and at that time, went no further in collection than Genesis to Malachi.

I do not disagree that red/black word becomes immaterial in that regard, as "the word of truth" is according to the ministry of the Spirit's revelation and application.​

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Prophecy and Mystery with the timeline

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Introduction to Galations a perverting of the Gospel

Israel

BANNED
around 1:40- 1:55

"the thing we have to understand is that the church age was never revealed...consequently there is nothing of the church in the Old Testament or the gospels and we have to realize..."

I know what it is to both speak, write and have even made a few vids myself, so I know "going on record" with certain matters often leaves one in a position of reconsideration and sometimes retraction with repentance.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Again he is speaking of the Body of Christ which is a Pauline revelation and primarily Gentile in makeup and is Heavenly.

The Kingdom (church) assembly which is an earthly kingdom promised to Israel by covenant as this is how the word church (assembly) should have been translated as that is the meaning of the word it was translated from the greek word ekklēsia which means ASSEMBLY, was prophesied in the old testament and is the millennium kingdom of Christ which is future and takes place after the rapture of the Body of Christ, church aka assembly.

The word church is miss-leading in some of its use. It simply means a called out assembly and is the meaning of the greek ekklēsia.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Galaltions 1 Law and Grace

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Galations 1

Madman

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" 2 Timothy 3:16,17

Man put the red in the word. All of the word is the word of God and it has to be rightly divided.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
What "Scripture" is being referred to in 2 Tim.?

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Law and Grace

Israel

BANNED
What "Scripture" is being referred to in 2 Tim.?
And if one wants to take it to the extreme of context..."the scriptures" there mentioned, and at that time, went no further in collection than Genesis to Malachi.

Do we read Paul?

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
In the dispensation of the Grace of God, there is little understanding of its significance on the part of fundamental Christian believers. There is one particularly evident reason for this lack of comprehension: ignorance of the identification and ministry of the Apostle Paul. Unless one recognizes the distinctive message committed to Paul, one is left in darkness and confusion as to his spiritual standing, purpose, and destiny as a child of God.

Fact: While ministering in His fleshly presence on earth, the Lord Jesus Christ addressed and instructed none but the nation of Israel (Rom. 15:8; Matt. 15:24).

Fact: Saul of Tarsus (archenemy of Christ and persecutor of His church) was saved and appointed to become Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles (Rom. 15:15,16; 11:13; I Tim. 1:12,13; 2:7; II Tim. 1:11).

Fact: Paul became the exclusive dispenser of a secret revelation given to him by the heavenly seated Christ (Eph. 3:1-9; Gal. 1:11,12; II Cor. 12:2-4).

Fact: Under Paul’s ministry the Church which is the Body of Christ was established according to the revelation of the mystery (Rom. 16:25,26; Col. 1:23-27).

Fact: The Church which is the Body of Christ is composed of both Jew and Gentile, the law as a wall of partition between Jew and Gentile having been taken out of the way (Rom. 10:4; 6:14).

As our apostle, Paul makes two statements that clearly steer us in the direction of discernment in understanding Scripture. (A)—”All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (II Tim. 3:16). (B)—”Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth” (II Tim. 2:15).

All Scripture is written for our enlightenment but not all Scripture is written to us nor about us. We must study all Scripture in the light of Paul’s epistles. Only in the letters of Paul do we find direct instruction as members of the Body of Christ.

Paul’s distinctive message and ministry must be recognized in order for believers in this dispensation of Grace to know their relationship with God. Once this is accomplished, we find that our identification with our apostle is manifold. He is much more to us (as members of the Body of Christ) than our apostle. He is our example (Phil. 3:17), he is our minister (Col. 1:25), he is a father figure and instructor (I Cor. 4:14-16).

The letters of Paul are directed to believers who have been saved under the Gospel of the Grace of God in the dispensation of the Grace of God. Paul calls this gospel “my gospel” (Acts 20:24; Rom. 2:16; Rom. 16:25; II Tim. 2:8). As our mentor, Paul enlightens us regarding our spiritual relationship and responsibility. We are to “walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called” (Eph. 4:1). “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you” (Eph. 4:32). “Walk in wisdom toward them that are without” (Col. 4:5). Paul prays for us, “that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him” (Eph. 1:17).

Our apostle urges us to totally dedicate ourselves in the service of Christ (Rom. 12:1). He affirms that we will “suffer for His sake” (Phil. 1:29; II Tim. 3:12). We are assured of enablement to perform the ministry to which we are appointed: “For the love of Christ constraineth us….” “I can do all things through Christ, who strengtheneth me” (II Cor. 5:14; Phil. 4:13).

As the believing remnant in this dispensation of God’s grace, we are to engage in the “Ministry of reconciliation” (II Cor. 5:18,19), speaking the truth in love (Eph. 4:15), preaching the Gospel of the Grace of God (Eph. 2:8,9), and redeeming the time (Eph. 5:16) until we receive our final and glorious inheritance (Col. 3:4). “And so shall we ever be with the Lord” (I Thes. 4:17).

Pastor Robert Hanna

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Galations 2 Law and Grace

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Galations 2 Law and Grace

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Galations 2 & 3, Faith plus nothing

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.