Diggin' up bones...Is anyone else still using a Bushnell Elite with Firefly Reticle?

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
My ugly ol 90s era black plastic, matte finished, 18" Remington 7600 30-06 Carbine wears a Bushnell Firefly 3x9.

Still works all these years later, and no WAY I would change it.

Just curious if anybody else has one and still likes it as much as me...

GregoryB.

Don't have that model but I do have a 1990 model Bushnell Trophy. Been on multiple of my rifles. Now it sits on a 80's model Ruger RSI in 250 Savage. The gloss scope looks great on that rifle.

earlthegoat2

Dont have the Elite but that 7600 Carbine is worth some serious scratch since Remington folded up. Also, a great and underappreciated rifle platform to boot.

Im glad I got a 7615P when I did.

bighonkinjeep

Got a couple of the older elite 3200s I picked up on clearance quite some years ago. I've had more than my share of problems with Bushnell optics over the decades, so I'm not their biggest fan.
These 2 elite 3200s have been solid units and one has been riding my youngest sons 25-06 sporter a couple of decades now since he was a kid. He still hunts with it every year and finds it adequate. The other is pretty much a loaner rifle/kick around optic thats been on several different projects till I'd find a deal on something better.
Even though these 2 of this particular model have been solid, they still haven't earned enough trust back to get me to roll the dice on their other models or higher end stuff.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've got some kind of old cheap Bushnell from the 80s on my .300WM that was on it when I bought it used and abused. I zeroed it, and haven't had to touch it for about 15 years. I've killed a pile of stuff with it over the years, as has my son.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I was referring to the rather nice Japan made Firefly with the thick post, charge it up with a flashlight, glow in the dark reticle.

Not much good for precision, but very quick on game, and buys you an extra few minutes each at dawn and dusk.

If you can find one on flea bay, they are asking more than they ever cost new...

I've killed a bunch of critters with mine, and I was hoping for a deal on the low power variable for a Marlin.

There is ONE offered at $210 shipped.

I don't want it that bad.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Been using one the past few years and the rain guard/fog resistance finally failed. Upgraded to a zeiss conquest v4 this year. I would buy a.new.in box old stock firefly elite 3200 for $210 if I hadn't just spent all my savings on this one.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Been using one the past few years and the rain guard/fog resistance finally failed. Upgraded to a zeiss conquest v4 this year. I would buy a.new.in box old stock firefly elite 3200 for $210 if I hadn't just spent all my savings on this one.

If it were new in the box, I'd own it! But this here one has obvious dings and scratches from a lotta use.

That was a heckuva upgrade PP....The ol Firefly and anything Zeiss ain't even on the same planet! :cheers:

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
If it were new in the box, I'd own it! But this here one has obvious dings and scratches from a lotta use.

That was a heckuva upgrade PP....The ol Firefly and anything Zeiss ain't even on the same planet! :cheers:
I'd been saving for a few years. It's my first "nice" scope.