Digital auto powder scales

Buckstop

Have a RCBS Chargemester Lite that I dispense with. I like it a lot. Have a Gempro 300 that I re-check each load on. It has a tendency to wander a bit every few sessions. Works better for me off batteries. Easy enough to pick up on via the tare reading and re-zero when needed.

Have a beam scale but have gotten away from it. Digital has saved a lot of time. I don't see myself going back to a beam.

Last edited:

transfixer

I'm going to pick up a Frankford Arsenal intellidropper powder dispenser in the near future, read a lot of positive reviews about them, and some videos comparing them to others, for the price I don't think they can be beat

Nimrod71

I have both digital and beam and I use them both, depending on how I feel that day. I started reloading with a beam scale in 1970. I bought my first digital about 8 years ago. When I first got the digital I liked it better than the beam but over time I kind of got back to using the beam again. Being retired I have time. The prices have gotten a little better on digital and the price on the beams have gone up. I would say, if you don't have a digital go out today and get one, you can buy one a lot cheaper than a beam. The only real draw back to a digital is power, if the battery goes dead or get weak you can't load. A beam doesn't require batteries,

transfixer

I do have a digital powder scale, with a beam scale to verify, I use both normally, but I'm wanting the electronic dispenser to speed up loading , especially rifle rounds.

Geezer Ray

I have RCBS and it works great. Verify about every 10th round and never had an issue. I still like to hand dip most of my charges when only running a few. But, the electro dispenser does speed up production if exactness is not important.

leroy

I'm going to pick up a Frankford Arsenal intellidropper powder dispenser in the near future, read a lot of positive reviews about them, and some videos comparing them to others, for the price I don't think they can be beat

I have almost bought one of those several times, some of the reviews scared me off though

Last edited:

Stevie Ray

I have an RCBS Chargemaster as well as a Chargemaster Lite and really do like using them both together. I'll beam check random loads throughout a session and both dispensers typically hold pretty well, usually not outside of 1/10th every now and again.

leroy

Pulled the trigger on the Frankford, midway has them on sale for 159.00, we will see.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210316-115832_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210316-115832_Gmail.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 7

trial&error

I keep considering this route, but I don't shoot competition. I only weigh hunting rounds every time. I mostly use powder measure with non hunting rounds and weigh every 5th or 10th round. Seems like it would slow me down on 223 loading, based on video.

Latest posts