Digital Coupons

B. White

I remember when folks used to complain about having a Kroger or Ingles card. It never bothered me, since it was just a quick scan. I usually shop at Ingles, but Piggly Wiggly has had bacon a few times for 2.99 a pack using the digital coupons. I went through the hassle of adding their app and when in the store asked an employee if 2X coupon meant I could by two of something or could use it two different times. She said I could use it two different times. Well, she was wrong. Used it once and that was it. If you don't post it clearly on your website, at least make sure your employees can answer questions.

Kroger had ribeye for 6.99 a lb yesterday using digital coupons. The nearest one is 40 mins away, but I was driving by so I downloaded the app. The sale sign had a barcode to scan, but it didn't work. Asked a young guy in the meat department and he gave me a lot of info, but I still couldn't add it to cart. Asked another young guy in the meat department and he said the first one knew more about it than him. Went to customer service and she said previous info was incorrect, but she couldn't figure out why it wouldn't give me the option to clip the coupon and sent me back to scan it, which I already tried.

Another shopper walked up and she was looking at the ribeye. I asked her if she used the app. She said she had it on her phone, but has never been able to get it to work. I asked her how she got savings, thinking maybe a cashier had a work around. She said "I just don't get any savings, and I work here"!!!! I kept messing with it and 30 mins after starting I figured out how to add it and in the process found it would not work when connected to their wifi. This experience made me appreciate the Piggly Wiggly app. I would just think it was me and realize I'm old and ornery, but if four store employees younger than me can't figure it out, something is wrong. I'm sure there is a simple way once you learn it, but if I had a business with an app that was not intuitive for the customer, I would find a new developer and get it fixed.

Hoss

I recently started using the Kroger app. I got it to get the digital deals like the ribeyes. I have tried scanning the QR code in the store, but never got that to work to get the coupon. Now I get an early preview on Tuesday of the weekly flyer coming out Wednesda and then I go and clip any coupons I think I want before going to the store. Automatically goes to my Kroger card and is applied when I check out. Down side is while you can buy multiple items on the same coupon typically up to 5, you can only use the coupon once so you have to get all 5 at the same time. when you buy stuff like briskets, you better have a big freezer.

KingTiger

I clipped the digital coupon for the rib eyes yesterday before heading to Kroger. I used my home PC & it seemed fairly simple.

However, when I got home I noticed I had been charged $7.99/lb. instead of $6.99/lb. that the coupon advertised.

I don't know if you have to tell the cashier that you have clipped the digital coupon. I figured the discount would have been applied automatically when I scanned my Kroger card?

Hoss

So I believe if uop look at the product line on your receipt, it shows the price without the discount. The discount shows up at the bottom of the receipt and is deducted before the total is shown.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
We don't have the app but get help at self checkout to work it out.