Dillo Trapper

R and D

They were bad on me this year also...if my dogs in pen bark I know there is one in my yard. Thermal on my suppressed Ar in .223 works like a champ....**** of a mess though! I don't have neighbors though.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Just leave a beer or two out in the yard. Drunk Dillos can’t seem to keep from trying to cross the road.
View attachment 990845

STAN, WAY BACK MANY YEARS AGO, MY REDNECK FRIENDS AND I USED TO DO THAT AND WE USED AN ICE PICK AND A BEER CAN AND SOME SUPER SMALL DIAMETER WIRE TO RIG IT SO THAT IT WAS HARD TO SEE THE WIRE. WE WOULD PUT THEM RIGHT ON THE SIDE OF THE PAVEMENT (OUTSIDE OF THE FAR RIGHT "WHILE LINE". BUT VERY VISIBLE FOR MOTORIST TO SEE). IT BECAME A FUNNY "SPORT" OF SORTS BACK THEN.

IT IS NOW A HECK OF A LOT MORE DILLOS THAN IT WAS BACK THEN TOO !!!! HECK EVERYBODY NEEDS A LAUGH EVERY NOW AND THEN !!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

tbrown913

When I was an officer we had one tearing up city hall. Found him one night and used my baton across the head for an instant kill

nmurph

I usually have a machete in the back of the Mule, or find one of my son's baseball bats under the garage, and sneak up on them in the yard.

I love to come across them in the woods. I find a suitable stick and commence to stalking...feels pretty primal. It's not too much of a challenge to sneak up on them in the yard, but getting to clubbing distance in the woods is more of a challenge.

Core Lokt

No funneling them to the trap needed. By our build an actual 'dillo trap. It's a wooden box. The bait is the 'dillo scent. Set it where you see their sign and go to town catching them. I'm at # 36 so far in the last 14 months.

You can build 2 with 1 sheet of PT 3/4 plywood. Getting them scented is a bit tough if you don't have access to a scented one you can use to catch one to put in the new trap. I've had others dig under the trap while one was in it.Never let one die in the trap.

I relocate down the road and shoot with 20g once it's out of the trap.