DLST

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Instead of moving time just make it mandatory for all businesses to adjust there hours. :bounce:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I was BAMBOOZLED! I bought into the Ben Franklin hype when I was younger, and never did my own research. :mad:

Benjamin Franklin, the Father of DST?​

Many sources also credit Benjamin Franklin for being the first to suggest seasonal time change. However, the idea voiced by the American inventor and politician in 1784 can hardly be described as fundamental for the development of modern DST. After all, it did not even involve turning the clocks. In a letter to the editor of the Journal of Paris, entitled “An Economical Project for Diminishing the Cost of Light,” Franklin simply suggested that Parisians could economize candle usage by getting people out of bed earlier in the morning. What's more: Franklin meant it as a joke.

99 out of 100 people back then didn`t even carry a timepiece and probably didn`t own one. As my dear Grandma always said, "a man`s work is sun to sun, a woman`s work is never done."

And if you holler at me one more time, it won`t be harmonious. Done told you once...

oldfella1962

99 out of 100 people back then didn`t even carry a timepiece and probably didn`t own one. As my dear Grandma always said, "a man`s work is sun to sun, a woman`s work is never done."

And if you holler at me one more time, it won`t be harmonious. Done told you once...
I used capital letters when I spelled bamboozled. How is that yelling at you? Are we not allowed to use capital letters in gon forums?

Here is an example of somebody else here on gon forum using entire words in capital letters. I don't see how it's "yelling" when used in context. Am I being singled out?

"Next one up was Great Granddad's hog skinner, now my personal kitchen knife and the reason my SiL knows why I have 2 laws in the kitchen: Don't NO ONE touch my knives or cast iron!"

Last edited:

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Not me. I hate when it's pitch black dark at 5:30 in the winter. It's always dark when I get up and leave in the morning, no matter what the time scheme is. It's nice to come home in the daylight, at least.
Same here. We don't set the clocks until the next afternoon. Don't want to wake up and feel cheated. :bounce: Works for us. Winter is for hibernation and getting fat and lazy.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I used capital letters when I spelled bamboozled. How is that yelling at you? Are we not allowed to use capital letters in gon forums?

Here is an example of somebody else here on gon forum using entire words in capital letters. I don't see how it's "yelling" when used in context. Am I being singled out?

"Next one up was Great Granddad's hog skinner, now my personal kitchen knife and the reason my SiL knows why I have 2 laws in the kitchen: Don't NO ONE touch my knives or cast iron!"

I forgot you are a yankee, ya'll holler at everbody and everything. :rofl: good snitch too. :p

Now you gonna have Capt Jack mad at you. :rofl:

oldfella1962

I forgot you are a yankee, ya'll holler at everbody and everything. :rofl: good snitch too. :p

Now you gonna have Capt Jack mad at you. :rofl:
I was just wondering why you were singling me out for doing what other people do. I'm no snitch I'm just trying to figure out your thought process.
Selective enforcement? I don't know who Capt. Jack is but if they are mad I have no control over that. :huh: I just grabbed a random comment to show that I'm not the only person that uses capital letters, but I'm the only person that you seem to have a problem with doing that for some reason.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I was just wondering why you were singling me out for doing what other people do. I'm no snitch I'm just trying to figure out your thought process.
Selective enforcement? I don't know who Capt. Jack is but if they are mad I have no control over that. :huh: I just grabbed a random comment to show that I'm not the only person that uses capital letters, but I'm the only person that you seem to have a problem with doing that for some reason.

If you have a problem with me, follow the rules of the forum and send me a PM.

Regards

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Wonder if it will have a detrimental effect on turkey hunting like the effects on deer hunting at the November change :biggrin2:
Some say the gobblers will be finished breeding by tonight because the hens will be off kilter till season is over. facepalm:

Toliver

Don't make fun. All the governments know the sun stays out an extra hour when we change our clocks. Just ask AOC.

• Haha
Reactions: Dub

Toliver

We should be seeing DST coming to an end soon since more sun is known to the state of Kalifornia to cause cancer.

Reactions: Dub

Baroque Brass

Knew a feller once that said the extra hour of sunlight when the time changes burns up his garden. Alrighty then....

From what I’ve read, the bill for permanent DST has passed the senate but not the House and hasn’t been signed into law by the idiot in the White House.

There is is no practical reason to continue the idiotic practice of changing the clocks. It’s all about control.

oldfella1962

Knew a feller once that said the extra hour of sunlight when the time changes burns up his garden. Alrighty then....

From what I’ve read, the bill for permanent DST has passed the senate but not the House and hasn’t been signed into law by the idiot in the White House.

There is is no practical reason to continue the idiotic practice of changing the clocks. It’s all about control.

"Knew a feller once that said the extra hour of sunlight when the time changes burns up his garden. Alrighty then...."

cargirl.jpg

"From what I’ve read, the bill for permanent DST has passed the senate but not the House and hasn’t been signed into law by the idiot in the White House."

JB didn't sign the bill because he's still in bed - he forgot to turn his clocks forward. facepalm:

Baroque Brass

Doesn’t matter, even when he’s awake he doesn’t know the time, date, where he is or why he’s there.