DNA question......

zedex

Gator Bait
I enjoy DB Cooper info more

DB Cooper is an interesting case. I've read quite a bit about it.

I'm sure since some of the money located, a ton of scavengers and amateur sleuths have swarmed that area. Wonder if anyone traced the flight path, altitude and wind speed/direction and worked back based on timing of events.

Finding the cash is one thing. Finding cooper is another

oldfella1962

DB Cooper is an interesting case. I've read quite a bit about it.

I'm sure since some of the money located, a ton of scavengers and amateur sleuths have swarmed that area. Wonder if anyone traced the flight path, altitude and wind speed/direction and worked back based on timing of events.

Finding the cash is one thing. Finding cooper is another

yes tracing the flight path & whatnot has been done - I saw a special on it.

Speaking of DNA solving a case here's a link. I'm actually amazed that they had vanilla Coke 40 years ago! I never really noticed it back then I guess.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dna-vanilla-coke-colorado-murder-cold-case

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
GSK could have been the Zodiac...he can't be ruled out

I think he was actually ruled out based on his location or something during the years zodiac was active. I think they covered that angle on the Man in the Window podcast about GSK.

jbird1

I think he was actually ruled out based on his location or something during the years zodiac was active. I think they covered that angle on the Man in the Window podcast about GSK.

It's been a while but as I recall, from GSK proboards and redditt, the sluethers had circled back around and could not exclude him by location. There was lots of bad/misinformation about the timeline and his whereabouts during the Zodiac series.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
It's been a while but as I recall, from GSK proboards and redditt, the sluethers had circled back around and and could not exclude him by location. There was was lots of bad/misinformation about the timeline and his whereabouts during the Zodiac series.

Maybe so, but the zodiac killings never fit his MO at all.

jbird1

Has any serial killers ever changed their MO to avoid arrests, or are they creatures of habit?

Zodiac said he was "going to keep killing but it will look like accidents...." in one of his letters. What does that sound like to you?

jbird1

that was also thought to keep his name alive and feared

In my opinion, MOs lead to tunnel vision with investigations. They are helpful to a point but not the be all, end all. Paul Holes, along with other investigators, was convinced JJD wasn't LE. He also said, prior to the ID, that the GSK wasn't the VR/EAR.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Has any serial killers ever changed their MO to avoid arrests, or are they creatures of habit?

I just see the motivations of zodiac and GSK to be linked to different psychological problems. Zodiac was more or less a terrorist and GSK a serial rapist who killed some his victims.

jbird1

I just see the motivations of zodiac and GSK to be linked to different psychological problems. Zodiac was more or less a terrorist and GSK a serial rapist who killed some his victims.

The GSK/EAR was very much a terrorist. He had a whole community held hostage in fear. Read through the case files and tell me he wasn't a terrorist to his victims. He would even continue to terrorize his victims years after the attacks with harassing phone calls. As Contra Costa investigator Larry Crompton states about JDD, "it wasn't a sex thing, its was about terror." As far as the Zodiac, he was killing couples in lovers lane type situations in their vehicles. You can't very well say there was no sexual component to that.

ATLFalconsfan80

The GSK/EAR was very much a terrorist. He had a whole community held hostage in fear. Read through the case files and tell me he wasn't a terrorist to his victims. He would even continue to terrorize his victims years after the attacks with harassing phone calls. As Contra Costa investigator Larry Crompton states about JDD, "it wasn't a sex thing, its was about terror." As far as the Zodiac, he was killing couples in lovers lane type situations in their vehicles. You can't very well say there was no sexual component to that.

Zodiac definitely had something against women...he always shot them more times and the one he stabbed he stabbed twice as many times as the guy...