DNR biologists consider CWD a real threat to Georgia's deer herd

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Wasn’t CWD created by a “Wildlife Biologist” at a research facility in Colorado?

No. "Wildlife biologists" did not create it. Deer were impounded in an enclosure that previously held sheep infected with scrapie and from there it is surmised the scrapie made the species jump to the deer because the deer in the impoundment all came down with CWD. That was an unintended consequence, not a designed plan.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
No. "Wildlife biologists" did not create it. Deer were impounded in an enclosure that previously held sheep infected with scrapie and from there it is surmised the scrapie made the species jump to the deer because the deer in the impoundment all came down with CWD. That was an unintended consequence, not a designed plan.

Not a designed plan but Wildlife Biologists are the ones to blame for this. CSU & CWOD are the ones that started this. If they weren’t involved this would not be the epedemic it is now.

And now there are studies that Prions can bond to plants making food plots a threat.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
“The sheep didn’t show evidence of scrapie at the time,” Schoonveld said. “I know because I went into pens where I had 40 or 50 deer in reserve and 30 to 40 sheep. I got what I needed from that pen, but it wasn’t until later I was told those sheep came from a scrapie project. Since scrapie and CWD is so closely linked, what else could it be?”

Browning Slayer

“The sheep didn’t show evidence of scrapie at the time,” Schoonveld said. “I know because I went into pens where I had 40 or 50 deer in reserve and 30 to 40 sheep. I got what I needed from that pen, but it wasn’t until later I was told those sheep came from a scrapie project. Since scrapie and CWD is so closely linked, what else could it be?”

And Larimer County had a "high" infection rate of scrapie. Starved deer "under severe stress" were placed into common pens with sheep to "determine stress induced activity", time induced to time of death. Nuclear radiation studies had deer and sheep injected with, fed or exposed to contaminated radioactive materials to determine death dosages and behavioral aberrations...

Deer with CWD weren't found in the wild until the 70's and within 5 km of the reasearch facility it was founded in..

And boom, CWD was created...

XIronheadX

Reindeer: "It is a mystery how this disease arrived on a mountaintop in Norway. Benestad and Vikøren think it unlikely that it was it imported. They suspect that it might have arisen spontaneously, or jumped the species barrier from a prion disease in sheep called scrapie, although such a jump has never been seen before."
https://www.nature.com/news/deadly-animal-prion-disease-appears-in-europe-1.19759

CWD wasn't identified until 1977 in the family of TSE's. Scrapie, Mad Cow, Creutzfeldt-Jakob(humans)

Browning Slayer

Reindeer: "It is a mystery how this disease arrived on a mountaintop in Norway. Benestad and Vikøren think it unlikely that it was it imported. They suspect that it might have arisen spontaneously, or jumped the species barrier from a prion disease in sheep called scrapie, although such a jump has never been seen before."
https://www.nature.com/news/deadly-animal-prion-disease-appears-in-europe-1.19759

I guess and pick and chose what to post from the article. "It's been reported in South Korea by imported animals".. That's how it got in Norway!

XIronheadX

I guess and pick and chose what to post from the article. "It's been reported in South Korea by imported animals".. That's how it got in Norway!

That's why the link is posted. Yeah it got to the top of a mountain in Norway on a peninsula. Good gawd. Read the article. Or believe in some Nuclear story 5 minutes after asking where it came from.

Browning Slayer

That's why the link is posted. Yeah it got to the top of a mountain in Norway on a peninsula. Good gawd. Read the article. Or believe in some Nuclear story 5 minutes after asking where it came from.

The disease is being imported via black market or by legal means.. There is no denying it's origins. It's coming in by truck, boat or plane. It doesn't take a Biologist to see that.

JBowers

Good grief.

XIronheadX

The disease is being imported via black market or by legal means.. There is no denying it's origins. It's coming in by truck, boat or plane. It doesn't take a Biologist to see that.

Scrapie was first known in 1732. Nuclear fission 1934. lol Maybe space ship and traveling back in time.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Browning Slayer

Scrapie was first known in 1732. Nuclear fission 1934. lol Maybe space ship and traveling back in time.

When was CWD found? Where? When was you're Norway case found? How about the Korea case?

Koreas case came from "imported" Elk..

Again, the Origins can't be argued. The data is there. Even in you're article but you choose to only look at certain parts. The facts are out there for people that want to look.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Just to correct your statement, the DNR Biologists do NOT agree with the practice of baiting or supplemental feeding. Unfortunately, Georgia's wildlife agency does not have the authority to make decisions relative to this matter. Those decisions are left to the lawyers, car salesmen and olive oil farmers who populate the House and Senate.

A backhanded swat at TW.... I love it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't disagree with anything you said, except that statement. Feeding deer has been proven to increase disease transmission.

http://www.bioone.org/doi/abs/10.7589/0090-3558-39.1.84

http://www.emwh.org/pdf/wildlife di...g on Infectious Disease Transmission Risk.pdf

A question: Is CWD known to spread from state to state by means other than transporting live or dead deer from infected areas, i.e. deer farms transporting breeding stock or hunters bringing back infected kills? I'm not talking about a couple miles across a state line, I mean like across two uninfected states and hitting a state where it was previously unknown?

I could be wrong, but I think that high-fence deer farming is the main spreader of this disease, and is the main thing we need to guard against?

ProAngler

Why? It's not fair that you should get to hunt deer over bait and then will not agree to let me hunt turkey over bait!

It's simply not fair!

Unless you believe that all animals should have the same regulations, this is an illogical argument. I’m just going to assume you agree that different species should be managed differently

XIronheadX

When was CWD found? Where? When was you're Norway case found? How about the Korea case?

Koreas case came from "imported" Elk..

Again, the Origins can't be argued. The data is there. Even in you're article but you choose to only look at certain parts. The facts are out there for people that want to look.

The didn't import reindeer to Norway. Hence the quote. And a moose too. https://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/press/news/170118

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
This question is for C. Killmaster.

Have the states that discontinued baiting / supplemental feeding via troughs etc identified what percentage of hunters were using whole grains in their baiting practices and what percentage were using manufactured protein based supplement feeds?