DNR REGISTRATION INFORMATION

Question.
Recently purchased a Waterbug (gheenoe type) boat from a man in GA. It did not have a title as he only used it in private waters. The man he bought it from, many years ago, had an old GA reg. number I am trying to register the boat in SC, and was wondering if there is anyway I can look up the old GA reg. Number, and get the year, make, model, and Hull I.D.
Or do I just need to wait until Monday and take my chances with the GA DNR Boat Reg. Office.

dsweat

Question.
Recently purchased a Waterbug (gheenoe type) boat from a man in GA. It did not have a title as he only used it in private waters. The man he bought it from, many years ago, had an old GA reg. number I am trying to register the boat in SC, and was wondering if there is anyway I can look up the old GA reg. Number, and get the year, make, model, and Hull I.D.
Or do I just need to wait until Monday and take my chances with the GA DNR Boat Reg. Office.

Visit www.gooutdoorsgeorgia.com

User friendly and lots of detail about vessel registration.

Jim Baker

Staff member
Question.

Did you get a Bill of Sale with the Hull ID No. on the BOS. That is where you will need to start.

Look for the HIN on the right side of the stern. Have that ready and call DNR. They can tell you what you need to do. I have found them to be responsive.

bilgerat

Senior
there used to be a online dnr data base of all old Ga registrations but they took it off line years ago. you may have luck calling dnr

I recently bought an old boat that had an old registration number on it. I also did not know anything but the boat mfg.

I went online to try and register it. During the process it asks you enter the old registration number of the boat you want to transfer. if it finds the old registration it will show you the data you are looking for. (Or it did when I used it.) You then have an option to cancel the registration after that screen comes up. So, you could try that just to see if the data is there.