DNR Survey Called Me Today

Snakeman

Thank goodness it was after I was awake!!

They wanted to know if I hunted deer in Georgia during the 2004-2005 season. Yeah, right.

How many times did you hunt with a modern firearm? 6

How many times did you hunt with archery equipment? An average of 8 times per week for the entire season (beginning of archery until the end of modern firearms)

How many deer did you harvest with a modern firearm? 0

How many deer did you harvest with archery equipment? 0

How would you rate your overall hunting experience in Georgia for this past season? Good

These weren't all the questions, but were representative of what they asked. Has anyone else been surveyed this year?

The Snakeman

Larry Rooks

I have been hunting in GA for 35 years, lived here all my life and have never gotten a call from DNR about it. I have em in the store about 10 times ayear and never had a question asked about it there either. Oh well :huh:

tgroves

I was surveyed 2 years ago and this past Tuesday they called the house and asked for my son who is 17 and surveyed him
Teresa

taylornelms

GONetwork Member
my dad got surveyed today i guess they didnt want to know whati thought. lol

huntfish

Surveys

Colorado has surveyed me every year for the past 12 years. They even post the results on their web page to provide information for hunters. :clap:

H

HT2

Snake........

Never been surveyed and don't really care to.........

All the info. the "DNR" puts out seems somewhat crazy........ :crazy:

gobble79

I got a turkey survey call about 10 years ago. Same types of questions (days hunted, birds killed, gobblers seen etc).

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Nope never been asked anything.

JBowers

Larry Rooks said:
I have em in the store about 10 times ayear and never had a question asked about it there either. Oh well :huh:
That wouldn't be random and thus not w/in scientific and statistical constraints.

GeauxLSU

They don't want to talk to me....

Never been called, but I have a telemarketing screen machine on my phone so that likely stops them if they even tried. Bummer, always happy to give feedback (no smart comments please). Was surveyed with similar questions by the Georgia Wildlife Federation last year via mail. Gladly completed it and sent it in.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I seem to get a call about either turkey or deer almost every year. For the last 4 or 5 years anyway.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I got the call yesterday. It is the second time in 2 years. They also asked if I liked the new dove season, which I strongly don't.

JBird227

GONetwork Member
They need to post a survey like that on here, and we could just email them. They would get alot more info.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
JBowers said:
That wouldn't be random and thus not w/in scientific and statistical constraints.

JB,

I think the problem we have is that most of us do not understand this statement.

reylamb

Jeff it is all about random samplings, statistical analysis and all that other good stuff I have since forgotten from college. If the survey is not random, then the end results can not be trusted. For example, if I were to hold a political poll at my church, Bush would have held a 100% - 0% lead over Kerry, and that is far from a true statistical sampling, therefore any results would not be valid.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
rey!

:cheers: I understand completly!!!

Statistics was one of my favorite classes in college!

I was refering to those of our members that are complaining because the state does not waste $100,000 on some sort of check in system.

reylamb

Yeah, but then some of us would be complaining that the state is wasting thousands of $$$$$$s on some useless check in system.........It is a loose loose.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Perhaps someone should do a better job of explaining statistics?

I've tried for about 4 years now and have not gotten anywhere!