Do any of you remember these?

parrothead127

I never owned one, but a friend of mine did when we were growing up. Over/under, 410 on the bottom 22lr on top. I wished I had one today, me thinks it’d make a great squirrel gun. I remember he and I would take his out and my single shot 410 and bust cans and bottles. We were 12-13. Anybody have one theses days?

Doug B.

My dad has a 20 guage on bottom and 22 on top. He has had it ever since I can remember. I hunted with it some. Never was too crazy about it though.

Dr. Strangelove

My dad has one that was his father's, I used it some as a kid 30yrs ago. Didn't shoot the .410 barrel all that much as the shells were as expensive then as they are now.

Dr. Strangelove

Ours is a Sears Roebuck, plastic stock. The selector switch was broken so it would fire both barrels at once if you weren't careful. We had it fixed but I haven't messed with it since then.

Dart

My granddaddy had one I hunted with when I was younger. I wish I had it now, I don't know who got it when he died.
It was a .410 with 22lr on the top.

Blackston

I had a 22 / 410
That I got on trade for a marlin 22 with a clip from a boy in my neighborhood... He liked mine so much because it shot fast !! I was happy to trade him . Then I found out it was left to him by his grandad. He tried to get it back and I wouldn’t let him ( I was kind of a butt ) .... Well life happens and people grow up and I still had this guys family heirloom I tracked him down and made a trade with him his papas gun for a marlin like I traded him . I miss that gun but it made his Day !!!

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I know of a man that collects them,there are many,many combinations of caliber and shotgun. There were two brothers that I knew as a kid that got a .22/410 apiece for Christmas one year,boy they were pretty.

Last edited:

specialk

I got one.....tad bit too heavy for me to tote all day....but it is a good squirrel gun....

Uptonongood

I never owned one, but a friend of mine did when we were growing up. Over/under, 410 on the bottom 22lr on top. I wished I had one today, me thinks it’d make a great squirrel gun. I remember he and I would take his out and my single shot 410 and bust cans and bottles. We were 12-13. Anybody have one theses days?

Savage .410/.22, my Dad bought one for me in 1955, I was seven years old. It was a great gun for a kid, I couldn’t cock the hammer by myself. I never shot an animal with the .22 but I killed my first dove with the .410, ..it was perched in a tree...Fun memories.

CurLee

My father has a Model 24 in .222 over 20ga.. I think I'm the only one to ever have shot it.

Seemed like a good option for predator hunting where shots could be in open fields or jumping out of the brush at 20 steps.

I soon moved onto carrying a .22-250 on a bipod with an 870 across the lap.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I know of a man that collects them,there are many,many combinations of caliber and shotgun. There were two brothers that I knew as a kid that got a .22/410 apiece for Christmas one year,boy they were pretty.
I ran into a guy once that must have had fifty or sixty of those in all kinds of calibers and gauge combos. He loved them, apparently. My uncle had a .30-30/20 gauge, and the .410/.22.

specialk

Didn't the air force make a similar gun for survival- 22 hornet on top, 410 on the bottom?

yes, at least one branch of service(army maybe)...my dad has one he got at a flea market about 45 years ago....real crude made gun, folded up to slip in a backpack...springfield made a replica a few years back.....

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
There still quite popular in Europe.

Mostly a big game rifle calib. over a 20 / 12 though.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Found a guy lost on our lease on opening day in Upson County 30+ years ago. He was toting a over under in 12 gauge/30-06. Only one I ever saw.

Latest posts