Do not fret.

Madman

Don’t forget this week the truth of who you are.

The person “who surrenders himself without reservation to the temporal claims of a nation, or a party, or a class is rendering to Caesar that which, of all things, most emphatically belongs to God: himself.” CS Lewis

StriperAddict

It's a hurtful thing to settle for lesser than the truth. Yet valor joined with benevolent providence while defending liberty may have its day.
And anything else than that on this subject might incite political criticism, that's not my intention here.

It's that first sentence that has me all encouraged, and of the same I'll stand and shout forever! :wink:

Israel

BANNED
Had our King said something other or less than "All authority" or limited His purview to either/or rather than "and" in "Heaven and earth"...we might be left wondering as to the limits of our hope.

gordon 2

For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord's freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ's slave. 1 Corinthians 7:22

And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32

Personally I settle for lesser truth everyday--such is heaven and earth, although some there and to it with great faith, some have a lesser faith and for those so troubled and vexed by the toss within the world I stand paralyzed except for love . I cannot but love the saint, but also I must in the slavery of freedom love the sinner. I cannot say of myself to live, to be alive to freedom and not love as least in part as Christ does--and so live and love in the world. As long as there will be a world I cannot be free and if ever I claim freedom and to know it (freedom) , to live it, my mind is in the world.

I am not only myself, I am you and Him. You are and He is the greater part of who I am--myself I account as near nothing but for the steadiness of eternal life in the wind.

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
amen

gordon 2

Perhaps I shoot with overkill...

Simply to be frank there is more to freedom than the Dissenter's freedom (s). I have always been in awe when I meet friends of mine with origins in Lebanese Orthodox Christianity-- in the way they greet me so very different than others. It goes some thing like this:

With a big smile, pearly whites showing: "How are you! So nice to see you and how is your family?" !!!!!!!!!!! How is my FAMILY!?

It is the only people that have ever greeted me consistently in this manner in North America. " How are you? How is your family?"

My point is that in some areas of the world, and of the Christian world, an individual is not single, he/she is also the people he/she lives with.

I think that is a view perhaps rare in those who's origins are from Dissenter Christianity-- but I might be incorrect and a shot with overkill... but I think there is something to it regardless.

So in the context of my friend's greetings, I am NOT free if my family-- the people I live with-- is/are not free. Now I don't know about you but family can get fractal--- at least in my brand of Christianity. Brothers and sisters...

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Our Pastor said Sunday morning that the outcome of this election WILL NOT change the mission of our church.

Israel

BANNED
Perhaps I shoot with overkill...

Simply to be frank there is more to freedom than the Dissenter's freedom (s). I have always been in awe when I meet friends of mine with origins in Lebanese Orthodox Christianity-- in the way they greet me so very different than others. It goes some thing like this:

With a big smile, pearly whites showing: "How are you! So nice to see you and how is your family?" !!!!!!!!!!! How is my FAMILY!?

It is the only people that have ever greeted me consistently in this manner in North America. " How are you? How is your family?"

My point is that in some areas of the world, and of the Christian world, an individual is not single, he/she is also the people he/she lives with.

I think that is a view perhaps rare in those who's origins are from Dissenter Christianity-- but I might be incorrect and a shot with overkill... but I think there is something to it regardless.

So in the context of my friend's greetings, I am NOT free if my family-- the people I live with-- is/are not free. Now I don't know about you but family can get fractal--- at least in my brand of Christianity. Brothers and sisters...

Of course!

Perhaps I now shoot with overkill

Simply to be frank there is more to freedom than the Dissenter's freedom (s).
Amen!

We are saved by Christ's obedient submission, no matter how much He appears to us as in opposition to the world.

I have always had a fight with a contrarian I know...for he has always sought to justify his own rebellion.

But Christ has come doing the will of God.

Madman

On the last Sunday before the season of Advent begins we recognize the celebration of Christ the King.

As Cyrillic of Alexandria wrote, "Christ has dominion over all creatures, by essence and by nature."