Do Saint's Glorify Satan Through Fear Of Sickness, Pain, Trouble, And Death

Thread starter #1
Job said, "The thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me" ( Job 3:25 ). Fear comes through wrong thoughts, and wrong thoughts are the seeds of future acts. Thoughts are blueprints of future acts. Every thought projected into the subconscious mind is eventually brought into active mind, and if entertained there it will pass into the cells and tissues of the body. What we think becomes, to a great extent, materialized. This is especially true with thoughts that affect the physical, material, and spiritual life. When thoughts concerning these realms are persisted in tenaciously they cause certain events to be brought to pass. This of course applies to the realm of human possibility.
The devil's chief work is to get men to think wrong thoughts, that they are sick, weak, helpless, unhappy, mistreated, by God and man; that they are facing certain calamities financially, physically, mentally, morally, and spiritually; and that they have to accept these conditions as the will of God because the conditions have happened. Satan knows that if men get a mental picture of a thing by believing it strongly, they will act accordingly to make it a reality. If he can get them to think about sickness, failure, or whatever it is they are subject to then they will talk about these conditions and soon the conditions will materialize. If he can get them to moan and grumble and be discouraged about any difficulty, it will soon develop.
Paul said "God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of sound mind" ( 2 Tim. 1:6 ). Job's spirit of fear was not from God. This no doubt was one of the reasons God permitted him to be tested. He was perfect in many ways, but not in being free from fear. If he was not free from fear, he did not have perfect love, and thus there was plenty of room for refinement in his life.
If one would ignore, minimize, deny, and refuse sickness, poverty, troubles, fears, worries, sin, suffering, or whatever it is that should not be in the life of the child of God, he would soon have nothing to fear and worry about. What we are today is the result of the thoughts and fears of yesterday. Sins, sickness, failures, and unhappiness we sow today are the results of the thoughts and plans of yesterday. If the thoughts would have been killed no such wrongs would have been committed.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I think that you either believe in the teachings of Jesus or you don't. You can't say you believe but then doubt. Stuff happens to everyone and a lot of it is out of our control. I learned a while back to live in faith and not fear and it has helped me deal with "things" that are out of my control. If you are not afraid of dying you have a whole new perspective.

They could only glorify Satan if he could cause all of those events through our thoughts. I'm not sure Satan has that power thus how would that glorify Satan?

I would also agree that even though we pray and believe, not everything is in our control. We have trials, tribulations, and temptations.

I do believe in the power of positive thinking and prayer but at some point we must use our own abilities to overcome with God's guidance through His spirit.

Related to fear and our own abilities to overcome, some fear is useful in the forms of preventative medicine and for us to not do dangerous activities, etc.

But I do see the point of our thoughts controlling our well being, just not in a supernatural way. Satan doesn't have that power.

Thread starter #7
Saints glorify Satan by permitting him to keep them sick, no child of God has to be sick or stay sick. It is the right of every believer in Christ to have perfect health and freedom from the works of the devil. the following passages prove this: "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty . . . . A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee . . . . there shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling" ( Ps. 91 ); " Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sickness" ( Matt. 8:16-17 ); "And ALL THINGS, WHATSOEVER ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive" ( Matt. 21:21, 22 ); "Ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" ( John 15:7 ); "If the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you" ( Rom. 8:11 ).

The responsibility then of getting healed and remaining healed is up to the individual. If one wants healing let him resist the devil. let him pray in faith, nothing wavering. let him believe that he has got the answer. Let him believe that he is healed. Let him reject anything to the contrary. If God has provided healing through Christ, then it is the right and the duty of every person for whom Christ died to get the benefits for which He died. If it is the moral obligation of each person to consecrate himself to the best good of all society, then it becomes an obligation to exercise faith and get well so that he can be a better citizen of that society and show others how they, too, can get such benefits. Matthew said, "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven ( Matt. 5:16 ).

As long as one man or woman is sick, he is not living up to his duty to society, and he glorifies Satan more than he does God. God can get glory only in healing and delivering men from the works of the devil, not in permitting the devil to have the victory over those whom Christ died to liberate. If every person would make up his mind that he is going to devote his whole life to God and that he is going to glorify God wholly, he would defeat Satan and refuse to be held in bondage by him any longer. He would be sustained by God and Christ, and the work of Christ on the cross would be effective in the bodies of all. Let no man say that he is glorifying God when he is sick and defeated in life and the works of the devil are being manifest in him instead of the works of God. Christ came to destroy the works of the devil and give life more abundantly , and those who do not permit Him to complete this work in them are causing the work of Christ to be a failure in them ( John 10:10; 1 John 3:8; Acts 10:38 ).

Last edited:

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Ephesians 4
4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. 7 But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift.

Hebrews 11
1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. 2 For by it the people of old received their commendation. 3 By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

One faith - like a simple child, sure that whether I am sick or well, happy or sad, up or down, in deep despair or not, my God and Savior Christ holds me in his hands. Full trust in Him who holds me but imperfect when I don’t keep my eyes on Him! In as much as a man walks by the Spirit, I shall walk with Him and trust Him by His grace to put me back on the path when I fail!

Of course, I have previously posted every scripture in the Bible on the discussion of faith in the DBV. I encourage you to go find them and read them if you like.

Thread starter #10
Ephesians 4
4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. 7 But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift.

Hebrews 11
1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. 2 For by it the people of old received their commendation. 3 By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

One faith - like a simple child, sure that whether I am sick or well, happy or sad, up or down, in deep despair or not, my God and Savior Christ holds me in his hands. Full trust in Him who holds me but imperfect when I don’t keep my eyes on Him! In as much as a man walks by the Spirit, I shall walk with Him and trust Him by His grace to put me back on the path when I fail!

Of course, I have previously posted every scripture in the Bible on the discussion of faith in the DBV. I encourage you to go find them and read them if you like.
Thanks but I don't need to I know what the bible says about Faith, this is one kind I will post the other 13 and you can read them if you want !

COMMON FAITH ( Titus 1:4 ). It is called " the mutual faith" ( Rom. 1:12 ). This is the faith that is common to all men who claim to be Christians. It is common because of the few commonly accepted truths held more or less alike by all Christians, such as belief in Christ as a Saviour and in eternal life. The uncommon kind is that rare faith in apostolic power and in the fulness of God in the lives of all Christians. It is faith in these truths that brings controversy because the average church member has not been taught that he can have all the benefits of the gospel which were experienced by early Christians. That all men can have this uncommon faith and power has been made clear.

Madman

I know that priests, and Nuns, i.e. Mother Teresa, have gone into the most infectious parts of the world to care for the sick and dying.

That most certainly glorifies God.

gordon 2

If scripture has any witness regards your point BP, the first Christian ministers as recorded in scripture suffered illness and so much so that Paul who suffered himself suggests a prescription to Timothy who suffers illness.

But also if one objectively studies the life span of human beings illness is sure as death and taxes. Even if someone has lived a relatively healthy life in the first 3/4s of the life span in the last quarter as organs and systems diminish in function or fail, illness is inevitable.

Last edited: