Do u Think

reble369er

Do u think the deer hunting will be better this year than last year... and who on the site will kill the biggest deer ::ke: ::ke: ::ke:

Jeff Phillips

No, the hunting will continue to go downhill until we reduce the doe harvest.

If I had to bet, I'd put my money on Coon Dawg to kill the biggest. He has good land and hunts every day of the season! Must be nice ;)

GeauxLSU

It will be exactly like last year and every other year. People who get what they are after will think it's a great year and those who don't will complain. ;)
I'll probably be complaining again. :eek:

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
GeauxLSU said:
It will be exactly like last year and every other year. People who get what they are after will think it's a great year and those who don't will complain. ;)
I'll probably be complaining again. :eek:

Phil?????

I've never heard you complain, of course this will be my first deer season on here! ::ke:
git'r

FootLongDawg

It's got to be better than last year!!! I will take Coondawg also. If this was golf, he would be like Tiger Woods. He's a Biologist, stays in the woods night and day...he's just got to shoot the biggest deer. No pressure there dawg ::ke:

Ol' Buckmaster

Deer hunting will be great this year. My bet to kill the biggest deer would be Randy. When he's in the woods the deer don't stand a chance.

Handgunner

I'm always hopeful that it'll be better than the year prior. Having said that, I only saw 4 deer last season... and missed 2 of them. :banginghe But, that was my fault and I was in a rut... Could had seen more deer had I been more vigilante'.

As for who'll kill the biggest? Me... *fingers crossed*

PS -- I moved this thread to the deer hunting forum so it'll hopefully get more responses.

Timberman

Me thinks this year will be fantastic, and if the weather is good, I believe we could have a season like we've never seen. Last years bumper acorn crop accomplished several things...it scattered the deer last year decreasing the kill, which along with the statewide second buck having 4 points a side having been in effect for several years now, a goodly number of bucks progressed into older age classes...just look at all the trail cam photos this year...also bumper acorn crops manifest themselves by way of increased body weights and larger than average antler growth the year AFTER the crop, which is of course this year. Plus we've had plenty of rain this year keeping plenty of browse and with many areas finally getting their herd under control, most have plenty to eat. That might be what it takes to push borderline deer over the top. Also because last year was so excessive in terms of acorns, this year will be slim, causing more movement of the deer, food plots will be more effective, a hot acorn tree will bring em from all over etc. Many trees in my area are aborting their crop, already dropping caps and a little shriveled nub of an acorn.

We've never had this combination of factors hit like this before...May be a while before it happens again. There are a lot of bucks out there... :clap:

As far as the biggest deer...either Short Stop or HT2. SS is a good hunter in a good area and HT2 is gonna get a chance just cause it's time for some sun to shine on him... :cheers:

Last edited:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
This year will be just as great as last year!

I'll be setting on hardwood ridges enjoying nature and seeing a few deer along with a bunch of other wildlife. I'll enjoy hot afternoons, cool mornings and lunches in my truck in the midst of storms. Blowing snow in the mountains and drizzles in South Georgia swamps. I'll be meeting other hunters at the check in stations and maybe even have reason to visit a processor!

It'll be great! And I can't wait!

BTW, though he complained mightily last year, Jeff Phillips took a very nice buck last year and likely will again this year!

JBowers will take yet another fine deer this year if the buck doesn't take him first! (If you didn't read his adventerous hunt story last year you owe it to yourself to search for it).

Coonie will certainly take a nice deer but will also take some fine new hunters out for a great experience!

It's all good!

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
If it is half as good as last year as far as the deer I saw, then I am pumped. I saw more deer than I ever have last year. A lot of young bucks were passed between myself and my dad. There are not near as many acorns on our land this yearso finding a good producing tree should be good.

Scout-N-Hunt

Better than last year, 2 new leases to hunt with lots of potential. Last year was very good, so no complaining here. Setting up our own lease/club & hunt camp right close by is turning out well & will hopefully result in less headaches than last year :rolleyes: .

As to who will kill the biggest buck??? Your guess is as good as mine ........ :huh:

H

HT2

For us I think it will be even better than last year.......

Our harvest has gotten better and better over the last 3 years........The amount of mature does and mature bucks have gotten better every year.......I expect nothin' but the same this year.........

Jeff Phillips

Jeff Young said:
BTW, though he complained mightily last year, Jeff Phillips took a very nice buck last year and likely will again this year!

I expect I'll get at least 1 real good deer this year, and add a couple of does too. I am setting Hntrchk and Red Tail up on the best sign on the lease, then I'll head off and find me another 1 to hunt.

My complaining, which I expect will continue, is over reduced sightings. It's awful hard to keep a youngun interested when he hasn't seen a deer in his last 5 or 6 or 10 times on stand. I firmly believe we are taking too many does in many areas!

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I think it's going to be better. I'm not banking on the amount of food to be on the ground this year as last. The deer are going to have to move around a little more to get a full belly.

Tommy

gabuckeye

I have had two really great years in a row with a nice buck taken in each. With that said, I really have high hopes that this year will be an even better one. I have joined a new club in SC that has taken some dandy bucks. You know what the new member always does - kills the biggest buck on the club. So I vote for me to kill the biggest buck - hey someone has to do it.