Do you consider these gimmicks?

Are they tools or gimmicks?

• Tools, every hunter should use them because they work !!!

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • They are gimmicks out there just to make money off of us !!!

Votes: 64 76.2%

• Total voters

Jody Hawk

Randy said:
I agree with the article. I thin they are the biggest gimmick out there with the exception of the silent turkey locator I bought and the cough silencer.

Come on, you know that locator dog whistle was the best product out there to get one to gobble !!!!!!! :rofl:

raghorn

I can only speak for myself , but I have stopped buying them. I don't use scents, my camo is woodland pattern BDU's from the Army PX. I pay attention to the wind conditions , ect., and basically just use good basic hunting tactics and I can't tell any difference in my success rate. I don't however try to go cheap on equipment.::gone:

red tail

GONetwork Member
I don't know if they work or not, but one ofthe best hunters I know smokes in the stand every hunt. And he has shot alot of deer. And some nice ones too!

H

HT2

I think some are gimmicks and some are for real.........

Hard to decifer the difference sometimes.......

That's what the challenge is, IMO.......

H

HT2

Bull.........

No you didn't!!!!!!!!

Did you really order some??????? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
As far as gimmicks used to cover your scent I'm skeptical too of their success. I do like to use a doe scent during the rut though. IMO to reduce or possibly eliminate as much human scent as I can I do the following- wear rubber knee high boots and not put them on until my feet are touching my hunting land, in other words I wear a pair of flip flops from my house to the property then put on my Lacrosses at the property. I also store my hunting garmets in an airtight container with either fresh pine straw needles or oak leaves off a tree depending on the area I'm hunting. I try to use the wind to my advantage even if it means passing on a prime stand setup also.
When we hunt WMA's its funny to notice while camping all the hunters who leave their full camo on while hanging around the campfire or even fixing dinner. The first thing I do when I get back to camp is take off my camos and put on clothes that are not being used to hunt in.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I had to vote gimmick only because of the research shooting down the scent lock suits.

However I believe heavily in the sprays on odor killers and clothing wash.

Jim

bull0ne

Banned
HT2 said:
No you didn't!!!!!!!!

Did you really order some??????? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Gotcha.......... :D

Have'nt seen the infomercial in a while but i love it when the tame bucks licks the wick........tame as a yard dog he is... :bounce:

Headshot

I had to vote gimmick only because of the research shooting down the scent lock suits.

However I believe heavily in the sprays on odor killers and clothing wash.

Jim

I agree with Jim's comments. When deer and turkey hunting I wear snake boots and spray scent eliminator on them each outing.

7Mag Hunter

tools or gimmick

Well, I voted tools....
Some are useful ..Such as scent free soaps and scent killers..I use alot...

There are also gimmicks out there, and I generally do not use lures,
smoking sticks, rattle bags, grunt calls ect...
except for doe urine...No doe in heat stuff ...or Buck lure in general...

Doe urine does not seem to spook deer, and I have had deer, bucks and
does)approach from downwind, smell it, walk away and then come back....
I try to watch the wind STAY CLEAN...Hunt high...and stay quiet...

I am sure there are more viable products out there, but most are designed to
"catch' hunters not deer....The ones that work, for me, are in my opinion
tools I use to try to help me...

My opinion..

7mag hunter

Randy

red tail said:
I don't know if they work or not, but one ofthe best hunters I know smokes in the stand every hunt. And he has shot alot of deer. And some nice ones too!
Are you kidding. He is plain lucky. I have seen his wife so I know it is all luck. ::ke:

hambone44

Let's put it this way: There was a day before most of all the gizmos on the market today, and plenty of whitetails , trophies included, have always been taken. Heck, the Indians barely wore anything, much less a Scent-Lok suit, and they obviously took ample game.

Buzz

I think it's a lot like fishing - most lures catch more fisherman than they do fish.