Do You Enjoy Death now??

olchevy

Maybe you can push it up, Am Not good at research in here.

I brought it to the top of the spiritual discussion section :)

christianhunter

I'm going to explain the way I feel with humor.

One Sunday morning,the Pastor gave a great sermon,and everyone was stirred.After the alter call,and everyone was seated.The Pastor shouted,"Is everyone ready to go to Heaven?"

Everyone in the entire Church raised their hands,except for a man in the third row.As everyone was leaving the Church,The Pastor,saw the man and pulled him to the side.He asked,"son aren't you ready to go to Heaven?"
The man replied,"yes"
The pastor asked,"why didn't you raise your hand during service then?"
The man said,"I thought you were talking about today."

When Lazerus,the friend whom THE LORD loved,died,and THE LORD knew HE was about to ressurect him,even at death,we get the shortest verse in The Sciptures,"JESUS wept."

While I'm not afraid of being dead,the process of getting there,unnerves me a little.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Yes I have pretty well come to grips with it, although like apoint said there is quite a hole when you lose someone.

As far as my own death, I welcome it when my appointment comes due, but like Paymaster, I'd prefer it not to be lingering.

I always tell my church, I'm not afraid to die, I am a little afraid of how I'll die!

Ditto! :cool:

Lowjack

I'm going to explain the way I feel with humor.

One Sunday morning,the Pastor gave a great sermon,and everyone was stirred.After the alter call,and everyone was seated.The Pastor shouted,"Is everyone ready to go to Heaven?"

Everyone in the entire Church raised their hands,except for a man in the third row.As everyone was leaving the Church,The Pastor,saw the man and pulled him to the side.He asked,"son aren't you ready to go to Heaven?"
The man replied,"yes"
The pastor asked,"why didn't you raise your hand during service then?"
The man said,"I thought you were talking about today."

When Lazerus,the friend whom THE LORD loved,died,and THE LORD knew HE was about to ressurect him,even at death,we get the shortest verse in The Sciptures,"JESUS wept."

While I'm not afraid of being dead,the process of getting there,unnerves me a little.

It shouldn't my Brother, it is like closing your eyes here and waking up somewheres else.
It might even take you a few minutes to realize you are not in the body anymore.;);)

christianhunter

It shouldn't my Brother, it is like closing your eyes here and waking up somewheres else.
It might even take you a few minutes to realize you are not in the body anymore.;);)

I'm sure,no positive, you are right.It is just that there are agonizing ways to die.That being said,I'm ready whenever it will be.Thank YOU LORD!

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
I'm sure,no positive, you are right.It is just that there are agonizing ways to die.That being said,I'm ready whenever it will be.Thank YOU LORD!

I've a feeling there are many more agonizing moments and situations in life than there can be in the most agonizing death.
I also think I trust in God's Spirit to provide comfort during that time. There might be an outward manifestation of agony, but I suspect the 'true' person is being ministered to by God.
I think. I hope.

Israel

BANNED
I've a feeling there are many more agonizing moments and situations in life than there can be in the most agonizing death.
I also think I trust in God's Spirit to provide comfort during that time. There might be an outward manifestation of agony, but I suspect the 'true' person is being ministered to by God.
I think. I hope.

Whenever I consider these things, I am always brought back to the wisdom of Corrie Ten Boom's father:

“When I was a little girl,” I said, “I went to my father and said, ‘Daddy, I am afraid that I will never be strong enough to be a marty for Jesus Christ.’”

“Tell me,” said Father, “When you take a train trip to Amsterdam, when do I give you the money for the ticket? Three weeks before?”

“No, Daddy, you give me the money for the ticket just before we get on the train.”

“That is right,” my father said, “and so it is with God’s strength. Our Father in Heaven knows when you will need the strength to be a martyr for Jesus Christ. He will supply all you need — just in time....”

Doncha just love the simplicity of it?

So it is with anything that may lie ahead...it is not really for us to wonder and project ourselves into those situations...but to learn today to overcome "the evil thereof" and learn of God's faithfulness that is sure today...will be sure everyday.

I won't derail the thread...but Ms Ten Boom had some very interesting observations on this page...perhaps worthy of a thread of their own. If not, we should at least consider them in the weight they bear from one who not only talks the talk...but who went through, with God, the Nazi camps.

http://www.tedmontgomery.com/bblovrvw/rapture/corrie.html