Do you find it ethical to shoot a wild hog and let it lay?

Do you find it ethical to shoot a wild hog and let it lay.

• Total voters

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Kill’em all. One tract I have permission to hunt has trapped/killed over 40 hogs in 2019. It’s a 300 acre field with a few trees scattered in the low spots. Their ability to destroy crops and land is almost unbelievable. Eat what you can and let the buzzards have the rest.

It really depends on how far from the truck you are. They are Feral hogs with a population that is rising our of control destroying everything they can get their teethe on.......

I have literally shot 1000's of groundhogs. Never ate a one of them. They destroy everything too...

DAVE

I have killed quite a few feral pigs and most of them I let lay, I have never and will never feel remorse about killing a domestic animal that does more harm than good. I was raised by a dad that always kept some hogs and usually killed a couple in the fall and no meat was left for scavengers but they were penned animals raised for food, not tame animals turned wild so somebody could pretend to be a big game hunter. Besides being nasty animals, they destroy good habitat that real wild animals depend on. Hunters that have turned them loose with the intent for them to multiply so they can be hunted should be tracked down and prosecuted.

georgia_home

Lilly001

I've seen ranches near my Fl house trap them with a concerted effort. 10-20 at a time. For several months. The pigs were destroying tens of acres of pasture a day.
They finally gave up.
They couldn't get the population under control.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
All animals are edible some are feral some are both some are none.
Hogs die here. Dragging will be decided after or not if feral.
If you let a hog walk in Ga your not doing your part.
If you let a hog lay then you did more than your part.
Eating is optional but shooting at all hog is mandatory by state law!