• Yes

• No

• I can’t tell I’m on a big one

• I shoot them moving I don’t stop them

• I say something other than BAAAT

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
When he comes out i'm already on him unless he's hauling the mail and then the "BAAAAT" don't work!

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Nope, not going to give a warning Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I've killed many by stopping them by whistling or a mouth grunt. One nice 8 I had to do it a few times to get him to finally stop. He was just about to walk into a thicket when he stopped and looked my way. I was ready for him when he stopped. I won't forget that hunt.

James12

They rarely keep walking by the pile of gold (i.e. The Democrat Bar), without stopping. And even though I’m paying the tab, I do try and wait until they’ve enjoyed a bite or two.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
They rarely keep walking by the pile of gold (i.e. The Democrat Bar), without stopping. And even though I’m paying the tab, I do try and wait until they’ve enjoyed a bite or two.

Love those “after the shot” pics with gold nuggets stuck to their lips. :LOL:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’m a natural baaaaater, no need to practice…….it’s also my go to call. Some folks just use a grunt call, I call out!

treemanjohn

Banned
I also bring cletus with me. He gets their attention
tenor.gif

treadwell

They drive up, unload, eat and then the next day...."hunt". Huh? Most likely for weeks a crew has been patterning a super buck for the "kill shot" to show us first, how good the hunter is, and second, there operation has a beast behind every tree. Then the "master hunter" poses for the camera and proceeds to tell us how he accomplished such a deed. Hmmmmmm. My hat's off to the "hunting Public crew. "

James12

They drive up, unload, eat and then the next day...."hunt". Huh? Most likely for weeks a crew has been patterning a super buck for the "kill shot" to show us first, how good the hunter is, and second, there operation has a beast behind every tree. Then the "master hunter" poses for the camera and proceeds to tell us how he accomplished such a deed. Hmmmmmm. My hat's off to the "hunting Public crew. "

Huh? THP?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I always wonder how on some of those shows they get away with so much movement. I'm always scratching my head like what is going on. If that was me I would've been busted 10 minutes ago? guess that's why they are professional and I'm not. That high dollar camo really makes them invisible
Camo underdrawers, wallet, and cellphone cover. Going the extra mile pays off.

dang

DANG !!!
I do it alot when i'm shooting my bow in the yard. For some reason mine comes out a little more like "Maaaahhhhhp"....funny thing about that though, thinking back on the last few years, every time i'm in the woods in the heat of the moment i always default to a low whistle .....it usually goes, ****low whistle****.....****louder whistle*****.....last resort "Hey, HEY" .....

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I dont practice BAAAAT and dont use BAAAAT to stop deer, but I do whistle almost daily for one reason or another and that's what I've always used to stop deer so I guess I do kinda sorta practice stopping deer without knowing it :bounce:

treadwell

YEP, THP. Mixed on the attention to public land, (selfish I guess), but those dudes get in and grind it out without someone saying, "sit here' at 9;30 Ol' Slew Foot will come by on that trail". Didn't mean to sideswipe the original post. I Baaaat, just don't practice it.

kingfish

Never done it. I think it's because I always get buck fever and I'm so dialed in trying to get him in the scope and then get the shoulder clear that it has never entered my mind when everything is going down. Several times after one has gotten away, it's hit me that I could have/should have done that.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Never done it. I think it's because I always get buck fever and I'm so dialed in trying to get him in the scope and then get the shoulder clear that it has never entered my mind when everything is going down. Several times after one has gotten away, it's hit me that I could have/should have done that.
I did a snort wheeze at one for the first time last year. I wasn’t quite prepared for him to RUN back down hill looking for me ?
if they’re in the right mood that move is no joke

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I practice some with my rifle. My baaat is too much of a short range weapon. I never could get that close to one.