Doctrine Of The Trinity

Madman

We see evidence of the Trinity in the baptism of Jesus.

Jesus was being baptized.
The Holy Spirit descended like a dove.
The Father Spoke.

Thread starter #162
The fact that a literal description is given of God as a person is proof that He is a real person. He was seen bodily; He sat on a seat; He had clothes on; He had a head, and hair on His head; He had a throne and personal attendants, ministers, and subjects standing around Him; and He sat in judgment like any other judge. Also literal books of record were opened before Him as at any court trail. The Son of Man was brought before Him as any other person could be, and He gave to the Son of Man a kingdom to reign over forever, thus proving that He was a separate person from the Son of Man. He had a body and the Son of Man had a body, or both could have not been seen coming before each other bodily. Shall we deny such plain, literal passages giving actual descriptions of both God and the Son of Man ? Shall we reject the Bible in part or in whole just for the sake of holding on to man-made ideas and theories about God ? To me, such a program is rebellious and sinful, and it is confusing if we want a simple understanding of the Bible.

Thread starter #163
TWO separate persons are clearly seen and referred to in ZECH. 1:7-21, where " the angel of the Lord " and " the Lord of Hosts " are taking together. The Lord of Hosts commands this angel what to say to Israel. This angel is also called " the Lord " in Zech. 1:19 , 20; 2:2-13. The one " Lord " says to Israel. " And ye shall know that the Lord of Hosts hath seen me . . . for, lo I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee " saith the Lord . . . and thou shall know that the Lord of Hosts hath sent me unto thee (Zech. 2:8-13). Here we have TWO Lords, one called " the Lord " and the other called " the Lord of Hosts " who sends " the Lord " to Israel. The angel, or " the Lord " refers to Himself as Me and to the Lord of Hosts as His and He ( Zech. 2:8-11 ). In the other chapters of Zechariah the Lord of Hosts continues to use the angel as a spokesman until at the end of the book He is called by the Lord of Hosts " my shepherd " and " the Man that is my fellow " (Zech. 13:6, 7 ). This angel is called " mine angel " in Ex.23:20-23; 32:34; 33:8; Num. 20:6, so He could not be the person as the Lord of Hosts Himself.

Thread starter #164
THREE separate and distinct are seen and heard in Matt. 3:16, 17. When Jesus ( one person ) was baptized the Spirit of God ( one person ) was seen manifesting Himself in bodily shape like a dove and descending upon Him, and at the same time these TWO were seen by the same eyes at the same place, the voice of the Father ( another person distinct from both Jesus and the Spirit ) was heard from Heaven saying, " This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. " If TWO persons were seen on Earth and one was heard from Heaven, then there must be THREE separate and distinct persons in the Godhead.
See also John 1:31-34, where we find that John did not know Jesus, but he did know the Father who had sent Him. John said, " I knew him [ Jesus one person ] not : but he [ the Father, another person ] that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me , Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is the which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. And I SAW, and bare record that this is the Son of God. "

1gr8bldr

We see evidence of the Trinity in the baptism of Jesus.

Jesus was being baptized.
The Holy Spirit descended like a dove.
The Father Spoke.
I would say it does just the opposite. Why would a 2nd person of a triune Godhead need receive a 3rd person of a godhead?

Acts 4:26
The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the Lord and against His Anointed One.'

Acts 10:38
how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

Psalm 2:2
The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together, against the LORD and against His Anointed One:

John 3:34
For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

Matthew 12:18
"Here is My servant, whom I have chosen, My beloved, in whom My soul delights. I will put My Spirit on Him, and He will proclaim justice to the nations.

1gr8bldr

Descend and receive are 2 different things.

Read John 1:33
Notice something interesting... The one whom you see the Dove/ Holy Spirit descend on..... "and remain". The greek word means "stay" "abide" or "remain"

Last edited:
Thread starter #172
TWO are seen and heard in Matt. 17:5 "while he [ Jesus ] yet spake, behold , a bright cloud overshadowed them : and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. " Years later Peter made it clear that the voice that they heard on this occasion was the actual voice of " the Father . . . from the excellent glory " and " from heaven " ( 2 Peter 1:16, 17 ). Peter here states that those that were with him on the holy mount " were eyewitness of his majesty " and that "we heard " this voice from Heaven at the same time we saw Jesus in visible form on the Earth ; so there must be at least two persons in the Godhead. Not only did three disciples see and hear two persons on the mount, but on another occasion multitudes of people saw and heard these same two persons. Jesus said, " Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice FROM HEAVEN, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. The people therefore, that stood by, and HEARED IT, said that it thundered : others said, An angel spake to him, Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of Me, but for your sakes " ( John 12:26-33).

Thread starter #173
TWO separate and distinct persons were seen by Stephen in Acts 7:54-60 and a THIRD is referred to as filling him: but he, BENING FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST, looked stedfastly into heaven, and SAW the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God. And said, Behold, I SEE the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God." Stephen had to see both God and Christ in order to see Jesus standing at God's right hand God has to be a separate person from the Son in order for them to be standing and sitting side by side as stated here and in Mark 16:19; Rom. 8:34; Col. 3:1; Heb. 1:3; 10:12; 12:2; 1 Pet. 3:22; Acts 2:33. These passages cannot possibly be understood in connection with one person, and all theories that will not teach two persons seen in these Scriptures are plainly of the devil and are out of harmony with the word of God.

Thread starter #174
TWO are seen and referred to in Rev. 6:16; 7:9-17; Rev. 21:22; 22:3. In these passages we have statements of the wrath of God " sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the lamb . . . BEFORE the throne, and BEFORE the Lamb . . . Salvation TO OUR GOD which sitteth upon the throne, and UNTO THE LAMB . . . the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb " and " the throne of God and of the Lamb, " all proving that God and the Lamb are two different persons. In fact human language means nothing if we do not take it to mean exactly what it says.

TWO are seen and referred to in Rev. 6:16; 7:9-17; Rev. 21:22; 22:3. In these passages we have statements of the wrath of God " sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the lamb . . . BEFORE the throne, and BEFORE the Lamb . . . Salvation TO OUR GOD which sitteth upon the throne, and UNTO THE LAMB . . . the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb " and " the throne of God and of the Lamb, " all proving that God and the Lamb are two different persons. In fact human language means nothing if we do not take it to mean exactly what it says.
Why not three? Why are only TWO seen?

Thread starter #177
TWO and THREE separate and distinct persons are clearly seen and referred to in many passages, the following are a few which prove this point.
" I seek not mine own will, but the will of Him that sent me. if I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. There is ANOTHER that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true . . . ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape " ( John 5: 30-37 ); " I will pray the Father, and he shall give you ANOTHER Comforter . . . the Spirt of truth which proceedeth from the Father . . . I will send unto you from the Father " ( John 14:14-17, 26; 15:25, 26: 16:7-15 ); " He shall not speak of himself . . . He shall glorify me " (John 16:13-15 ); " If I go not away, the Comforter will not come " ( John 16: 7 ); " And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh againest the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him " ( Matt. 12:31, 32 ); " Father glorify thou me with thine own glory which I had with thee before the world was . . . thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world " ( John 17:5,24 ); " The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth these also doeth the Son likewise . . . as the Father hate life in Himself ; so hath he given to the Son to have life in Himself " ( John 5:17-27 ).

TWO and THREE separate and distinct persons are clearly seen and referred to in many passages, the following are a few which prove this point.
" I seek not mine own will, but the will of Him that sent me. if I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. There is ANOTHER that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true . . . ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape " ( John 5: 30-37 ); " I will pray the Father, and he shall give you ANOTHER Comforter . . . the Spirt of truth which proceedeth from the Father . . . I will send unto you from the Father " ( John 14:14-17, 26; 15:25, 26: 16:7-15 ); " He shall not speak of himself . . . He shall glorify me " (John 16:13-15 ); " If I go not away, the Comforter will not come " ( John 16: 7 ); " And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh againest the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him " ( Matt. 12:31, 32 ); " Father glorify thou me with thine own glory which I had with thee before the world was . . . thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world " ( John 17:5,24 ); " The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth these also doeth the Son likewise . . . as the Father hate life in Himself ; so hath he given to the Son to have life in Himself " ( John 5:17-27 ).
Why is it sometimes two and not always three?

Thread starter #180
THREE separate persons are seen and definitely symbolized in Rev 4: 2-8; 5:1-7. One person is seen on the throne; one person is symbolized by a "Lamb " who takes a book out of the hand of Him who sits on the throne; and a third person is symbolized by " seven lamps of fire " and " seven horns " and " seven eyes, " which are the seven spirits of God. This symbolizes the fulness of the one Holy Spirit upon Jesus Christ ( John 3:34; Acts 10:38; Isa. 11:1, 2; 42:1-5; 61:1, 2; Luke 4:16-21; ).