Dodge diesel injector problem

georgia357

My sil has a 2000 Dodge Ram with a 5.9 diesel engine and thinks he needs the injector pump rebuilt. Does anybody know of a re-builder in north Ga that does this or maybe somebody online that he can check with? Supposedly, the mechanic that tested it said that fuel is going in and is not coming out, so saying that it's bad. Thanks for any help.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Diesel Fuel Systems, Lawrenceville, Ga (770) 963-6925

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
they have rebuilt several pumps for me, on different equipment.

They did my 94 5.9 Cummin and my 98 5.9 Cummins

Never an issue with any of the rebuilds

kudzumotorsports

If its the vp44 pump its made by bosch and unfortunately you will have to buy a reman from someone. Put two in my cummins over the years. I highly recommend a good good lift pump also. Since there the main reason the vp44 goes out.

georgia357

they have rebuilt several pumps for me, on different equipment.

They did my 94 5.9 Cummin and my 98 5.9 Cummins

Never an issue with any of the rebuilds

Do you mind telling me the approx price for a rebuild. You can send it via PM if you want to. Thanks

georgia357

If its the vp44 pump its made by bosch and unfortunately you will have to buy a reman from someone. Put two in my cummins over the years. I highly recommend a good good lift pump also. Since there the main reason the vp44 goes out.

That ain't good, it looks like the reman ones start at over $1100.:cry:

aabradley82

Lawenceville diesel and auto electric has done a couple for me as well. I think the last one was on a 24v and it around 16-1700 total. But that was 3 trucks and several years ago