Doe numba fo

hambone76

Killing them in style! Congratulations!

Clipper

Dendy, please give us some details so we can be better hunters.

1. What cover did you have? Sitting against a tree, in thick brush, brush in front of you?
2. Were you wearing a camo face mask?
3. How did you draw without her seeing you? Was her view blocked by a tree or brush?
4. Was she quartering away or broadside?
5. I know you stay still, but do you keep your head perfectly still or move it slowly to scan the woods in front of you.
6. Did you hear her before you saw her?

Thanks, I know your response will help many of us. And congratulations on doing what so many of us struggle to do.

sawtooth

Hey clip! I was back against a fallen oak tree. Sweet gum saplings all around me. Nothing In front of me. What’s behind you is way more important. Yes, face mask. The absence of one will get you busted. I don’t draw until I can’t see their eyes. If I can’t see their eyes, their eyes can’t see me. Quartering away, always. I shoot pretty fast so it doesn’t take too long to get drawn and shoot. I move around a lot. I’m fidgety. But if I see them first, it’s time to be still. And yes, I heard her and her friends coming. I hope that helps some. Oh, the guillie suit is unreal. Deer walk right past me and never give me a second look. It’s almost unfair.

Clipper

Hey clip! I was back against a fallen oak tree. Sweet gum saplings all around me. Nothing In front of me. What’s behind you is way more important. Yes, face mask. The absence of one will get you busted. I don’t draw until I can’t see their eyes. If I can’t see their eyes, their eyes can’t see me. Quartering away, always. I shoot pretty fast so it doesn’t take too long to get drawn and shoot. I move around a lot. I’m fidgety. But if I see them first, it’s time to be still. And yes, I heard her and her friends coming. I hope that helps some. Oh, the guillie suit is unreal. Deer walk right past me and never give me a second look. It’s almost unfair.
Thanks for the details. I'll try to remember your eyes comment and I like what you did with the hat. Really breaks up your outline good. I'm wearing ASAT leafy camo right now and it's about worn out. May have to look at ghillie suits.

sawtooth

Clipper- as you can see I cut the left sleeve out of that suit. It was in the way. I’m going to use the sleeve to make a hat that matches. It will completely distort my outline. I think deer recognize our head/ shoulder silhouette before anything else. That suit is something else. I had a squirrel climbing all over me and making that purring sound. I made him leave though. I was scared he was going to pee on me.

Clipper

C'mon Nancy, we need our stimulus checks! Dendy done gave us the "wants" for a ghillie suit.:) I checked the price and it's less than good set of camo pants and shirt.