Does almost ready to drop fawns.

Jim Boyd

I hear the coyotes howling behind the house every night now, so I know it is that time of year.

They howl for six weeks and then we never hear them again until the following year.

Great pic!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I can’t really tell if this is the same doe in the OP but she is ripe

381E376B-8CB8-4BCD-8243-7BCA4DF3A728.jpeg

Jim Boyd

I can’t really tell if this is the same doe in the OP but she is ripe

View attachment 1017394

Yes.

Yes, she is.

I worked the farms this weekend and did not see any fawns or tiny tracks yet....

Gotta be any day now, if some are not already down.

Was busy and did not pull any cams.

Tight Lines

I've got cams on my 3 leases, and I am not seeing any on the ground yet...all in Wilkes CO GA...the does still look plump except for a couple of unbred yearlings...was out there on them this past weekend...

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
This camera is in a spot with clover down under that mowed wheat. These does like it.

Jim Boyd

Pic is not great.

This is from last night and I bet she is just looking for a place to deliver.

Wonderful time of the year to truly see God’s work in action.

EEC3B9E0-1913-4D4B-86DC-7EA7672B43D2.png

DSGB

This one may be carrying twins. Not very good quality - it is a screenshot from a video.
ScreenShot086.jpg

Jim Boyd

@Jim Boyd is that Carolina or Midwest?

Marvin -

This is SC.

Don’t have any cell cams running in IL.

I am sure some of the fawns here in SC are down now and more will be in the next 10 days.

Big heavy does in my backyard for the last weeks also. I live 60 miles N of the leased farms.

I am gonna play with the bride this weekend - lake, grill etc - and then back down next weekend.

Rain may impact our Memorial Day weekend some.

Have been putting off planting any of my summer plots till the commercial tillable goes in.

May just run down Monday am and see if I should plant and then get started.

Some of our cotton was planted last week and I am thinking the rest of the farms will be in peanuts.