Does Stetson Bennett deserve to be in the HOF?

bullgator

He absolutely deserves a chance to be voted on for the CFHOF. I don’t care what changes or exceptions they have to make to do so. They lower physical requirements for females in the military, law enforcement, and fire departments. They make exceptions for minorities on college entrance requirements and allow them to jump those more qualified. The CFHOF requirements weren’t expecting a former walk-on to lead a team to back to back NCs while posting those kind of numbers……including a 4th quarter, come from behind playoff victory.
If they keep him out, it will add to the drama of the movie they make about him.

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
McCarron won back to back at Bama along with receiving three national QB awards. He is not in yet.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
I just don't get it...woke is winning to have average celebrated as phenomenal. ;)

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
He absolutely deserves a chance to be voted on for the CFHOF. I don’t care what changes or exceptions they have to make to do so. They lower physical requirements for females in the military, law enforcement, and fire departments. They make exceptions for minorities on college entrance requirements and allow them to jump those more qualified. The CFHOF requirements weren’t expecting a former walk-on to lead a team to back to back NCs while posting those kind of numbers……including a 4th quarter, come from behind playoff victory.
If they keep him out, it will add to the drama of the movie they make about him.
I appreciate your honesty, bull. And I promise, if Stetson were a gator, I'd want the same for him. Any player, no matter who they play for, that has done what Stetson has done, is deserving to be in the CFHOF. From walk-on to back-to back national champion, is one heck of an accomplishment.

:cheers:

McCarron won back to back at Bama along with receiving three national QB awards. He is not in yet.
He should be in too. Any player that was a big contributor on back-to-back national championship teams, ought to be in, in my opinion. There are probably guys that are in now, that shouldn't be in.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I appreciate your honesty, bull. And I promise, if Stetson were a gator, I'd want the same for him. Any player, no matter who they play for, that has done what Stetson has done, is deserving to be in the CFHOF. From walk-on to back-to back national champion, is one heck of an accomplishment.

:cheers:

He should be in too. Any player that was a big contributor on back-to-back national championship teams, ought to be in, in my opinion. There are probably guys that are in now, that shouldn't be in.
You know SB, no matter how good they are you just don’t know how it will turn out for them. After being drafted AJ had an injury then recovered. Rode the bench and got bounced around half a dozen NFL teams. He landed in the XFL last stop.

Upside, home life looks solid, hawt model for a wife and 3 kids. Looks like he kept his head through all of it.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
You know SB, no matter how good they are you just don’t know how it will turn out for them. After being drafted AJ had an injury then recovered. Rode the bench and got bounced around half a dozen NFL teams. He landed in the XFL last stop.

Upside, home life looks solid, hawt model for a wife and 3 kids. Looks like he kept his head through all of it.
You don't know how it will turn out for any of them, once they get to the NFL. Some that were expected to be stars, turn out to be flops. Some that weren't expected to be so great, turned out to be pretty dang good. Most will flop once that fat check enters their banking account. Look at Jadeveon Clowney. He turned out to be a joke, but is still playing, I think.

bullgator

OK, here’s how I see the difference in the McCarron/Bennett comparison. McCarron won because he was on a stacked team that needed a game manager QB that wouldn’t mess up. Bama would probably have won both nattys with the backup QB. Georgia won because of Bennett……period. Georgia also has plenty of talent, but just any ol game manager QB wouldn’t have done it. They needed that baller that Bennett is.

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Bennett is the reason the rule needs tweaking. You cannot tell the story of college football without him.

Boom Shaka Laka Laka.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Boom Shaka Laka Laka.
Maybe for homeboys but not on a national level, no yet. If the national media got behind him for the Maxwell or Johnny Unitas Award he could gain enough steam, maybe.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Maybe for homeboys but not on a national level, no yet. If the national media got behind him for the Maxwell or Johnny Unitas Award he could gain enough steam, maybe.

Phooey. The author made the case and it's a good case.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Phooey. The author made the case and it's a good case.
I like the guy so I won’t argue, hopeless in this crowd anyways and I get it.