Dog hunting Invitation

mojo02

This is a great group of guys. I'm not a member of the club, but personally know several members. I can attest that these guys are true sportsmen and the property is one of the best in that part of the state.:cheers:

mtr3333

Banned
The Duckroost is one of the greatest experiences I ever had. I killed my 1st deer there! I had my 1st dog deer hunt and my best duck hunting ever. Would like to go again. I would strongly recommend this place.

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
Well now I'm dead-set against hunting deer with dogs... it's awful just awful... I think I even read once in the Bible that dogging deer was wrong (you know some of them commandments broke off when Moses got that mad-on and throwed them things?) Anyhow it just ain't right.

I'm so agin' it it'll probably take me 4 or 5 trips out there with ya'lls club and all to even come close to a changing my mind. Some biscuits in the morning with the coffee and maybe a BBQ lunch ain't going to hurt your chances much neither! (I like that there spicy mustard on my sausage biscuit) i ain't a promising this'll work but at least I am giving you sorry dog hunters a chance to change my mind.. Ya'll got your work cut out for ya'll... all i can say is good luck and when can I start?

mscamp

Day at the Duckroost

My 2 son-in-laws and myself took HOG-HEAD up on his gracious offer yesterday. We made the drive from Athens to the Washington County Hunting Club to join them for a day of dog hunting for deer. This was the first time for my son in laws, and it had been 30 years for me back when I lived in VA. They have a beautiful property with a very diverse habitat. Everyone with the club was friendly and willing to help us get to stands and offer advice. These guys really have it together organizing their drives. They have great dogs and we had many exciting chases. Long story short, none of the 3 of us killed a deer, 1 son in law missed a buck and his gun jammed, I passed on a shot I could have taken.
We saw 6 bucks and 11 deer total between the 3 of us. 2 nice bucks and 2 nice does were taken. We were very impressed with the organization of the entire day and the safe way each and every hunt is carried out.
I offer my heartfelt thanks to Scott and all of the other members at the Duckroost for treating us to a great and exciting day. There aren't many people or clubs out there that make this kind of an offer to total strangers, and these 3 from Athens greatly appreciate your kindness.

T.P.

Banned
My 2 son-in-laws and myself took HOG-HEAD up on his gracious offer yesterday. We made the drive from Athens to the Washington County Hunting Club to join them for a day of dog hunting for deer. This was the first time for my son in laws, and it had been 30 years for me back when I lived in VA. They have a beautiful property with a very diverse habitat. Everyone with the club was friendly and willing to help us get to stands and offer advice. These guys really have it together organizing their drives. They have great dogs and we had many exciting chases. Long story short, none of the 3 of us killed a deer, 1 son in law missed a buck and his gun jammed, I passed on a shot I could have taken.
We saw 6 bucks and 11 deer total between the 3 of us. 2 nice bucks and 2 nice does were taken. We were very impressed with the organization of the entire day and the safe way each and every hunt is carried out.
I offer my heartfelt thanks to Scott and all of the other members at the Duckroost for treating us to a great and exciting day. There aren't many people or clubs out there that make this kind of an offer to total strangers, and these 3 from Athens greatly appreciate your kindness.

Well spoken post sir! Glad you enjoyed your hunt, sounds like some fine folks.

fredw

Retired Moderator

Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves and it was a pleasure to meet you. Good luck up in Oglethorpe County!

josh chatham

Yes it is a great hunt with really nice people!!! I hope I can return the favor to one of the Duckroost members one day! We went a couple weeks ago and had an absolute blast!!!

Willhrichardson

I am one of the son-in-laws that went. Everything said above is right on. Many thanks to Scott, Fred, and all of the other members who made us feel welcome and showed us a great time. This was my first time "deer doggin" and I certainly hope it won't be my last! It really was very different, exciting, and just as challenging (if not more so!) than hunting in a stand. Thanks again guys!

mscamp

Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves and it was a pleasure to meet you. Good luck up in Oglethorpe County!

Fred, it was a pleasure to meet you also, I really enjoyed talking to you while you hauled me around and picked me up from most of my stands, and we did enjoy ourselves, I meant every work in my previous post. Maybe I'll see you at Hicks processing some day in Oglethorpe. Oh, and thanks for reminding me to take my gun with me on the last drive!