Dogging Bear Quota Hunt

treadwell

Do what the rest of America does if you don't like the regs, file a law suit and shut it down! (Just kidding).

twincedargap

speaking of lawsuits, I'm amazed that some wacko commy liberal dog loving anti-hunting group hasn't jumped all over this.

ditto the new union county gun club on NF only 3.8 miles from the exiting Chatuge gun club

35 Whelen

GENERAL QUOTA HUNT APPLICATIONS - Dog-Bear
APPLICATION DEADLINE - Aug. 15
Applications with an administrator and assistant administrator only. Selected administrator may bring a hunting party totaling no more than ten members including administrators.

2019-2020 DOG-BEAR QUOTA HUNTS
APPLICATION PERIOD: AUG. 1 - AUG. 15
LOCATION WEAPON TYPE QUOTA DATES
Chattahoochee WMA Firearms Dog Hunting/ Either Sex Q9 Sept. 28 - Oct. 6 c
Chestatee WMA Firearms Dog Hunting/ Either Sex Q6 Sept. 28 - Oct. 6 c

Dog-bear hunters must check in at the Chestatee WMA check station prior to hunting and are required to attend a pre-hunt meeting as directed in their draw notification email. All dogs used in the dog-bear hunt must be marked with the selected hunter’s name and phone number.

Buckman18

Me and my partner are all signed up and ready for the trail. Hope there aren't a lot of bunnies in the hills! ?View attachment 978124

That’s funny!

On serious note, this hunt has been put together so poorly, with such terrible timing, that I imagine a lot of bow hunters who don’t really have bear dogs will be applying.

Sad. Move it back a couple weeks and it could be a glorious thing, and all hunter segments would be happy.

greg_n_clayton

That’s funny!

On serious note, this hunt has been put together so poorly, with such terrible timing, that I imagine a lot of bow hunters who don’t really have bear dogs will be applying.

Sad. Move it back a couple weeks and it could be a glorious thing, and all hunter segments would be happy.
On another serious note....it is people that think like you do is the reason they waited and only put it out for 15 days !! And I know that to be a fact !

Buckman18

On another serious note....it is people that think like you do is the reason they waited and only put it out for 15 days !! And I know that to be a fact !

No, they’re doing it the way they are because they don’t have the fuzz on their peaches to admit they’re shafting the archery hunters to cater to a mostly Non Resident hunter segment.

I don’t have hounds anymore but my family in NC does. If I get drawn, it’s a win win for me. It’s been a couple years since I’ve been on a good rally. But the timing is terrible if you’re an archery hunter on one of these WMA’s. All the state had to do was change the timing and everyone would’ve been happy.

Last edited:

Hillbilly stalker

Go ahead and take ol fluffey out there. If he runs into a pack of "Pocahontas Plotts".....you might rethink the situation. They don't play well with others. Lol !

jbogg

Go ahead and take ol fluffey out there. If he runs into a pack of "Pocahontas Plotts".....you might rethink the situation. They don't play well with others. Lol !

There will be a ton of day hikers on the AT that time of year with fluffy by their side. Hope your kidding about Plotts and other dogs or this hunt won’t have much longevity.

Heath

I'm just saying bear dogs are ruff. They have a lot of grit. They have to so they can handle the hunt. Their not likely gonna put up with somebody's little ankle biter running up there yapping at them. They don't take a lot of junk from another dog.

There are obviously some serious misunderstandings and flat out untruths among the general public about bear hunting with dogs.

Obviously, most of you have never been around a Pocahontas Plott or any bear dogs. Gene Walker don’t put up with ill dogs, I’ve been in his living room 3 times with him and his wonderful wife Anne visiting and talking dogs. Not sure where you boys get your information but please stop fantasizing and maybe experience something before you condemn it.
nn0j0z.jpg

Menacing, aren’t they?

Last edited:

Heath

No, they’re doing it the way they are because they don’t have the fuzz on their peaches to admit they’re shafting the archery hunters to cater to a mostly Non Resident hunter segment.

I don’t have hounds anymore but my family in NC does. If I get drawn, it’s a win win for me. It’s been a couple years since I’ve been on a good rally. But the timing is terrible if you’re an archery hunter on one of these WMA’s. All the state had to do was change the timing and everyone would’ve been happy.

What’s stopping “them” from hunting the other hundreds of thousands of acres that doesn’t lie within those 2 wma boundaries? My guess is there is no time a deer hunter thinks anyone else should be allowed to share “our” natural resources.

Buckman18

What’s stopping “them” from hunting the other hundreds of thousands of acres that doesn’t lie within those 2 wma boundaries? My guess is there is no time a deer hunter thinks anyone else should be allowed to share “our” natural resources.

What’s stopping “them” from timing the dog hunt to not fall in the middle of bow season dates that have been in effect for decades on a popular archery season WMA with a loyal following of archery hunters?