Dogs found near Savannah

Joe Brandon

They are goo lookn dogs. If I didn't already have two I'd for sure take them in. Good on you for caring for them.

nickel back

They look plum give out. If I had the room I would love to take them, Thanks to your wife for taking them in.

Gator89

Something that happened to us years ago, probably still does, someone would steal deer dogs early in the season, hunt them all season, then dump them at the end of the season. These dogs look like candidates.

GPS collars make it easier to track your dogs these days, but thieves still find ways around that.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Or on another note of what Gator said....owner did not like how dogs performed and pulled collars off and left them, see that way to often around my area.

Lilly001

Those are good looking dogs.
If you can't find an owner try posting on the GON classifieds.
If I still dog hunted I would be interested.

Swamprat

Swamprat
If I did not have two dogs already I would take em.

I am sure they are wore out and just relaxing in the vehicle but think they would make two fine yard/house dogs. They just look like they have a calm nature about them. Ain't often a bigger hunting dog wants to be covered up in a blanket, why I am saying they might make a fine pet.

EJM....probably kept in the same pen so they will stick together if they got along.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of the old-time bear hunters and bear dog breeders here would come back home with a belt full of collars sometimes, but the dogs that used to wear them weren't out there running around any more.

Sautee Ridgerunner

If I had a buck for every dog Ive brought back from south ga and found homes for, I could buy a few six packs. I really hate to see that done to a walker dog especially.

My brother took in a redbone some bear doggers dumped out a few years back. Great house dog. Guess he wouldnt run a bear though.

If I had a buck for every dog Ive brought back from south ga and found homes for, I could buy a few six packs. I really hate to see that done to a walker dog especially.

My brother took in a redbone some bear doggers dumped out a few years back. Great house dog. Guess he wouldnt run a bear though.

I've done it so many times over the years I had to quit. I bet I've homed a dozen and have taken 2 dozen to the shelter. It's a way of life for people around here. Take your dogs to the country and drop them off when you get tired of them.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
A few years ago while deep in the river swamp hunting woodcock I saw a collared bag of bones beagle. She was glad to see a human. She responded to my call and hopped into the truck. I let her sit curled up on the floor board. I found an old dog biscuit in my center console and tossed it to her which she gobbled down. My Abby was sitting on the front seat grumbling and liked none of what was happening. I drove out into cell service and called the owner whose number was on her collar. We met at a nearby town and it was a happy reunion. "Dolly" was his daughter's favorite of his pack and had taken part in a deer drive the week before and had been put out over 10 miles away down river. Gil

tr21

you should be able to take them to a vet and see if their chipped, if you haven't already, just in case someone lost them.