Doin a Happy Dance

Skipper

Banned
Not over the fact we just got back from Florida. Going from 75 some odd degrees to about 20 this morning. ::ke:

We had one heck of a week. There were 2 boats of us down there, dad and I had over 110 bass for the week the other boat similar. Dad has a 10 lb a 9.75 lb I got a 9.5 lb and released 2 8 pound class fish 3 7 pounters and several in the 4's 5's and 6's. One heck of a week. Our buddies in the other boat had a 10 lb a 9.25 lb and a 9 lb fish.

Woody, Do you give a volume discount? :hair:

Skipper

stumpman

Banned
Skipper I asked yall to not keep the ones bigger then 5lbs. Now yall can't come back fishing in my pond anymore. :smash: Ya didn't think I would notice did ya. :clap: Nice fish.

Skipper

Banned
I Got Pictures

:fine: :fine: :fine: :fine: :fine:

Bass1.jpg

Bass2.jpg

Bass3.jpg

Skipper

Last edited:

Skipper

Banned
We didn't use a guide. Never have down there. We've been fishing the Big O every winter since the 70's though. If you've never been on it before, you need a guide though. The only one I know down there now is Harry Richardson and I'm not sure if he's still guiding. He used to work out of Rowland Martin's marina. We go out of Lakeport at Harney Pond Canal so we haven't been down there in a while. There are a few guides around Harney Pond, but I don't know them very well, most were asking us for advice last week. :crazy:

There's a guy out of Okeechobee town with a deformed arm that is one of the best shiner fishing guides on that lake. I'm not sure what his name is, but we always look for him on the lake and observe. ;)

This was the best big fish trip we've had for size and decent on numbers in spite of that cold weather that blew in Sunday.

Skipper

BTW: I now have a new lucky hat. My old lucky hat was a Ranger hat that they gave me when I bought my rig several years ago. I lost it on the lake coming across Stick Marsh's canal one year and have been looking for a new one since.

Skipper

Banned
We were shiner fishing mostly. I fish enough pounding the banks up here. When we go to Florida, it's relaxation fishing and hunting big uns. Nothing beats a shiner for a chance at a Hawg. We did fish in a small canal Monday when it was too windy to get on the lake and used artificial there (spinnerbaits and crank baits) We caught a few fish but not much size. 2 were 5 pound class fish, but the rest were small.

Skipper