Dominunist evangelicals ??

Thread starter #1

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
This morning on C-Span II I listened to a fella named Michael Weinstein , He is a " Conservative Republican " 30 year Air Force veteran ( Officer ) with two sons and a daughter-in-law who are also currently Leutenients in the AF , He was discussing a disturbing religious movement going on amongst the Military , Forced religion !! and not just any religion Babtist , Methodist , Catholic , You don't make the cut all must adhere to the idea of being or becoming a Dominunist Evangelical with the soul objective of speeding the process of armagedon so all can be rewarded by the coming of Jesus , He documents some disturbing cases of some who wouldn't adhere , One where AF Officers under order attended the funeral of a fallen comrade dressed in Nazi uniforms , another of the officer tasked with returning the remains of Pat Tillman to his mother who proclaimed to her that Pat now sat at the side of Jesus , But when Mrs Tillman retorted that Pat was an Atheist, He replyed that that was too bad because now he wasn't anything but wormdirt ! He claims this movement was started by GW Bush with the help of ex Rev haggard , now deceased Jerry Falwell and as he put it the man in charge at Focus on Fascism James Dobson who with the help of the AirForce was presented the "Keys to Heaven " by parajumpers who who chuted into his front yard , He said that the movement is based in the same Colorado town that is home to the Air Force academy and that a new Dominunist Evangelical church is created every 48 hours , I'll be keeping an eye out to see where this leads , If its true God help us all !!

60Grit

Sounds like the tinfoil hat wearing moonbats have been working overtime to dream up a story such as this to try and discredit republicans.

Oh, I forgot to add, Link Please!!...:bounce:

Sounds like the evils of crack cocaine to me.

dixie

people that are dumb enough to watch cspan are dumb enough to believe anything

bigox911

Sounds like the evils of crack cocaine to me.

Here is that guys political contribution list...most notably $6,200 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Comm.

http://newsmeat.com/fec/bystate_detail.php?st=NM&last=Weinstein&first=Michael

Why would someone who gives that kind money away to todays DCCC claim (and not offer any proof) that W started the movement? Do they have any ulterior motives....like trying to appeal to the far left and sell more books hopefully?

Just because something is alledged to be happening doesn't mean that W started it. Do you have any proof to the contrary dbone, or is this more Bagdhad Diarist/TPM anon. source type stuff?

redlevel

This morning on C-Span II I listened to a fella named Michael Weinstein , He is a " Conservative Republican " 30 year Air Force veteran ( Officer ) with two sons and a daughter-in-law who are also currently Leutenients in the AF , He was discussing a disturbing religious movement going on amongst the Military , Forced religion !! and not just any religion Babtist , Methodist , Catholic , You don't make the cut all must adhere to the idea of being or becoming a Dominunist Evangelical with the soul objective of speeding the process of armagedon so all can be rewarded by the coming of Jesus , He documents some disturbing cases of some who wouldn't adhere , One where AF Officers under order attended the funeral of a fallen comrade dressed in Nazi uniforms , another of the officer tasked with returning the remains of Pat Tillman to his mother who proclaimed to her that Pat now sat at the side of Jesus , But when Mrs Tillman retorted that Pat was an Atheist, He replyed that that was too bad because now he wasn't anything but wormdirt ! He claims this movement was started by GW Bush with the help of ex Rev haggard , now deceased Jerry Falwell and as he put it the man in charge at Focus on Fascism James Dobson who with the help of the AirForce was presented the "Keys to Heaven " by parajumpers who who chuted into his front yard , He said that the movement is based in the same Colorado town that is home to the Air Force academy and that a new Dominunist Evangelical church is created every 48 hours , I'll be keeping an eye out to see where this leads , If its true God help us all !!

I read the post three times. I may be mistaken, but I do believe that is the longest post I've ever seen that didn't have a period somewhere in it. If I missed one I apologize.

SBG

I read the post three times. I may be mistaken, but I do believe that is the longest post I've ever seen that didn't have a period somewhere in it. If I missed one I apologize.
I can't believe that I wasted three minutes trying to read that scat. Try it again when you sober up.:bounce:

knifemaker

:flag:The only part of that I believe, starts with, this morning and ends with weinstein. (period):flag:

60Grit

I'm still waiting on a link???

Hey Howard and Elfiii, can we make it a rule that if you are posting a supposed story on the Political Forum that your post must be accompanied by a link to that story???

jneil

I looked them up on Google, here's my relatively uninforming synopsys:
Liberals of course believe their the root of all thats evil and regular religious folks just point and laugh.

pnome

While I do not doubt that there are some folks in the military who take their religion WAY too seriously, this story smells like tin foil hat to me.

Dbone, looks like you picked certain tidbits of a report to try and make your point. Thanks to Howard we can now all see the relevant facts. We can just chalk this up as just another character fault of liberals.

First and foremost, the whole article was about an Air Force officer that just so happens to be Jewish. Right off the bat that should raise some alarms considering he was bashing evangelical Christians. It is obvious, even to the most uninformed, that this individual has a serious ax to grind as most of what he had to say was filled with hate, I could pick out about 3 or 4 dozen statements he made that clearly illustrates that hate. This would have been the same as if I had taken statements by the KKK to support a debate about minorities.

I find it very suspect that he knows what a soldier said to Pat Tillman’s family, was he there and heard it himself? I didn’t see any reference to this in the link provided (by Howard).

:flag:I think if we look into Michael Weinstein's past, You'll find he is a liberal democrat who poses as a republican so he can publish unconfirmed garbage that is intended to make a republican and or religious person of any faith or party, look bad.:flag:

I don’t know where the CSPAN II thing came from, I went to the CSPAN website and did a search on Michael Weinstein and nothing came up. So, I did a Google on Michael Weinstein and pat Tillman and found the following article (from Weinstein’s website). Interestingly enough, it looks like his website is basically an anti-evangelical Christian website; not hardly an objective source of information (Dbone). The below article doesn’t mention CSPAN, but it does mention ESPN. There are a lot of comments in this article which could be discussed, but for the sake of keeping this relatively short, I will focus only on those parts mentioned in Dbone’s original post (which are toward the end on the article. First, the comments were not made by whomever accompanied Tillman’s body.

According to the Army officer who directed the first official inquiry, the Army might have more of a clue about the shooter's identity than it has let on. Asked whether ballistics work was done to identify who fired the fatal shots, Lt. Col. Ralph Kauzlarich told ESPN.com, "I think, yeah, they did. And I think they know [who fired]. But I never found out."
Mansfield and other Rangers who attended the post-incident meeting said — both in interviews with ESPN.com and in documents from the Army investigations — they were advised by debriefers that night that the unit as a whole bore the responsibility for Tillman's death and they should avoid placing blame on any one person.
In his interview with ESPN.com, Kauzlarich also said he was not driven to identify Tillman's killer.
"You know what? I don't think it really matters," Kauzlarich said. "And the reason I say that — you got to look at the overall situation here that these guys were fighting in. And somebody hit him. So would you hold that guy [who] hit him responsible for hitting him, when everybody was shooting in that direction, given the situation? We'll see how the [Defense Department Inspector General's] investigation comes out. But I had no issue on not finding a specific person responsible for doing it."
Kauzlarich said he is confident the current probe will not result in criminal charges against the shooter or shooters. He said investigators would not still be examining the incident at all if it were not for Tillman's NFL celebrity — he walked away from a multimillion-dollar contract with the Arizona Cardinals when he enlisted — and the pressure brought to bear by Tillman's family on a number of Washington politicos.
"His parents continue to ask for it to be looked at," Kauzlarich said. "And that is really their prerogative. And if they have the right backing, the right powerful people in our government to continue to let it happen, then that is the case.
"But there [have] been numerous unfortunate cases of fratricide, and the parents have basically said, 'OK, it was an unfortunate accident.' And they let it go. So this is — I don't know, these people have a hard time letting it go. It may be because of their religious beliefs."

Was Tillman’s body the only one present? Normally, in the myriad of photographs I’ve seen, a chaplain prays over all the bodies. Why does the brother’s wishes take priority over the wishes of the other families?
In a transcript of his interview with Brig. Gen. Gary Jones during a November 2004 investigation, Kauzlarich said he'd learned Kevin Tillman, Pat's brother and fellow Army Ranger who was a part of the battle the night Pat Tillman died, objected to the presence of a chaplain and the saying of prayers during a repatriation ceremony in Germany before his brother's body was returned to the United States.
Kauzlarich, now a battalion commanding officer at Fort Riley in Kansas, further suggested the Tillman family's unhappiness with the findings of past investigations might be because of the absence of a Christian faith in their lives.
Here is the part that pertains to Dbone’s misinformation; the Lt Col made the following statements to ESPN. His statements were in reference to what atheists believe, that when you die you are basically worm-dirt.
In an interview with ESPN.com, Kauzlarich said: "When you die, I mean, there is supposedly a better life, right? Well, if you are an atheist and you don't believe in anything, if you die, what is there to go to? Nothing. You are worm dirt. So for their son to die for nothing, and now he is no more — that is pretty hard to get your head around that. So I don't know how an atheist thinks. I can only imagine that that would be pretty tough."
Asked by ESPN.com whether the Tillmans' religious beliefs are a factor in the ongoing investigation, Kauzlarich said, "I think so. There is not a whole lot of trust in the system or faith in the system [by the Tillmans]. So that is my personal opinion, knowing what I know."
Asked what might finally placate the family, Kauzlarich said, "You know what? I don't think anything will make them happy, quite honestly. I don't know. Maybe they want to see somebody's head on a platter. But will that really make them happy? No, because they can't bring their son back."

Thread starter #19

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
Did any of you even read Howards link ?? If you did , Did you miss the part about his being a Republican a Reagan Republican at that ?? How about his long family history of Military service to this country ?? either you're in bitter denial or you're better suited to the cartoon network :crazy:

SBG

Did any of you even read Howards link ?? If you did , Did you miss the part about his being a Republican a Reagan Republican at that ?? How about his long family history of Military service to this country ?? either you're in bitter denial or you're better suited to the cartoon network :crazy:
You lack any intellectual integrity don't you?

Why does it matter that he is a "Reagan Republican?"

Why does it matter that he comes from a long line of people that have served in the military?

Are you saying that since he is a Republican and a military man, that he is somehow magically correct in all of his comments about evangelical christianity?

Using you logic, can we assume that everything that Zell Miller has said about the democrat party is completely accurate?:crazy: