DONE With Bass Pro

GregoryB.

I usually get a lot faster shipping from Cabela's than I do from Bass Pro. Waiting on a package from bass pro that was suppose to be here 2 weeks ago.

frankwright

I give blame where it is due and I will give credit when it is due!
I got a nice email from BPS today (Nine weeks after my letter to them) explaining how the card I got is different and does expire.
They also said because I was a long time customer they would send me a new gift card.
I thank them for that!

Yankee in GA

I had a gift card issue with Bass Pro as well. Someone gave my son 2 $50 gift cards when he was born. 6 years later I tried to use them and they didn’t work. Come to find out that after a few years, they cancel the cards to clear the cash liability off their books which I thought was illegal but at the very least is shady accounting. I’m sure they assume the gift cards are lost but that’s no excuse. When I called customer service, they were very good about reissuing the cards and gave me an extra $10 for my troubles.

huntfish

I just recently cashed in over a $1,000 worth of gift cards collected for the last 10 years. No issues at all. Cards were both Cabelas and BPS

specialk

I remember when......... I ordered a secret encoder ring from a cereal company and it stated, "allow 8-10 weeks for delivery". Anybody else remember having to wait 8-10 weeks on something? I guess I'm getting old.

that decoder ring probably wasn't even made when you ordered it....they would design, market, and sell junk stuff like that before they even started production...they would use the first money from sales to buy supplies and such so they could start production.....usually a 2 month cycle.....

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I have a hole in my BP socks. I heard they don't replace them anymore.

Robust Redhorse

I'd rather get $25 cash than a $100 BPS any day.

I've carried BPS gift cards around for years, dropped by and got frustrated dozens of times. A BPS gift card is more of a curse than a present!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I had a gift card issue with Bass Pro as well. Someone gave my son 2 $50 gift cards when he was born. 6 years later I tried to use them and they didn’t work. Come to find out that after a few years, they cancel the cards to clear the cash liability off their books which I thought was illegal but at the very least is shady accounting.

Nope. It's neither illegal nor shady. The fact they allow their premiums to hang on for as long as they do is a positive thing. Expiring premiums have been around for the better part of 50 years especially after FASB started requiring the liability to be expressed in the financial statements.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I waited 3-4 weeks for a small package from Alabama........not kidding. USPS Too! This past year has been hit or miss. I get stuff faster from Wisconsin than Florida or NC......OK so maybe I am a shop aholic. I try not to by from CA

killerv

you should see the guns in macon, they throw them all on top of each other at the end of the night in shopping carts, they are beat to heck and back, even the high dollar o/us....they tried to tell me, its the customers doing it....straight up lied. Another was honest and said its because of the threat of riots after the election, sort of like what walmart did. You dont see this in other gun shops. They say they'll knock off 5% though...funny 5% off a 2000 dollar gun is 100 bucks? So they would rather lose 100 bucks on top of ruining a lot of these guns instead of grabbing some cheap rehead gun cases that you know they may have $2 bucks in and put the guns in those when they go to pile them up together?

1982ace

Usually try to buy local when I can. Bass pro isn’t as great as they used to be. If I order anything I use midway USA. Never had any problems with their shipping.